Scans of various prop money

hi all ive aslo done a set of BLANK english notes that you can put your own pics on and what ever you want on, what i mean by blank ive taken the pics and stuff of like rorschach999 did..... mine may-b bigger files, let me know if you want them..... if you do ill post them here FREE thanx

hi ALL this is my set\take on the english £5, £10, & £20 nots (Blank) as asked for by some of you, the notes are not to be passed off as real money just prop\novelty money.... let me know what you all think......ENJOY....:D5 note back! by spiderstella (1).JPG5 note! Front by spiderstella (2).JPG10 note Back By Spiderstella.jpg10 note front By Spiderstella.jpg20 back By Spiderstella.jpg20 note front By Spiderstella.jpg

Not sure if the admins will slap my hand for posting a link to the junkyard (if its bad i will edit this out)

A forum member created a set of MegaCity1 Credits....

MOD EDIT: Please do not post Junkyard links, thanks.

I think i have a few bills from the film Elysium at home.
EDIT: then the next thread i read has a PDF of the Elysium notes in it... http://www.therpf.com/f40/elysium-207047/

Phoenix Vader-have you ever noticed that the word Metropolis on the side of the bill where it says "BANK VON METROPOLIS WERT IN GOLD 100 M" is misspelled "METROPLOLIS"? Not trying to look a gift Pug in the mouth here as I really appreciate someone putting a FREE copy of these out there but curious if you or someone else would put a corrected version up? I have had these 3 bill copied and in our collection for quite awhile now but I pulled them out and showed my wife them recently and she pointed out the misspelling, I never noticed it. Thank you in advance!-Chris

Had you considered looking up old European notes? Since the introduction of the euro, they have become obsolete, so high quality scans are available and they still look modern. Hope this helps! Examples such as the Duetchmark and Franc ( I apologise to anybody from France or Germany for spelling it wrong!)

hi ALL this is my set\take on the english £5, £10, & £20 nots (Blank) as asked for by some of you, the notes are not to be passed off as real money just prop\novelty money.... let me know what you all think......ENJOY....
bigsmile.png
View attachment 289440View attachment 289441View attachment 289442View attachment 289443View attachment 289444View attachment 289445

Not to take anything away from these because they are wonderful props, but you realise that is the old style £20 note now? We have a new one over here, its all purple and shiz. (If you are from Britain and already know this, I do apologise!)

Not to take anything away from these because they are wonderful props, but you realise that is the old style £20 note now? We have a new one over here, its all purple and shiz. (If you are from Britain and already know this, I do apologise!)

hi there i do live in the UK lol but no worrys, i just havent had time to do the new £20 or £50 notes yet.........

This is a cleaned up scan of an old Estado de Chihuahua prop bill I just got. These were used in many older movies and westerns before 1958,
when the US was much more strict about accurate prop money appearing on film. More info and some images of different variations of these
can be found here: Movie money I can modify the scans and post them with the alternate color combinations from the website list if there is any interest.
These are the same size as the Larger Pre-1928 US currency. Although these are based on Mexican bills, in the days before HD screencaps these props were
used as American money in the movies.

I've also got a full set of the 1970s/1980s US style prop money that was seen in many films and shows over the years. In modified form these were used as the 'Biff' money that was seen in 1985A Biff's office in Back to the Future II. I will post scans of these including the BTTF 'Biff' versions (with those posted in the BTTF thread) later tonight and tomorrow evening. It will take some time to get them all scanned and cleaned up.

PROP$010.jpgPROP$009.jpg

Please note that I'm sharing these scans for personal use only and they are NOT to be sold for any reason.
I actively seek out copies of my files being sold online. I'll openly call out anyone who does so and post their info!

Last edited:
This is the Earl Hays Press Prop $100 Bill from the 1970s/1980s. It was used in MANY movies during this time period.

These are frequently described as being made by Ellis Props, but I have found evidence showing that they are originally from Earl Hays Press.
I also have the 50, 20, 10, 5 and 1 from this set.

$100 Prop Front.png$100 Prop Back.png

Please note that I'm sharing these scans for personal use only and they are NOT to be sold for any reason.
I actively seek out copies of my files being sold online. I'll openly call out anyone who does so and post their info!

Last edited:
Hi ALL has anyone done\will-do the prop\money from the "SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION" the 50 notes Andy puts in the tin for Red to find..... at the end of the film........
i would like a set of them..............THANK_U

Hi ALL has anyone done\will-do the prop\money from the "SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION" the 50 notes Andy puts in the tin for Red to find..... at the end of the film........
i would like a set of them..............THANK_U

Those notes are not prop money. They are real Series 1990 US $50 Bills, (Which was a mistake because this scene was supposed to be set during the 1960s) Unfortunately, since they are actual US currency, it's not allowed/legal to copy them, even single sided.

Here is a 1970s/1980s Prop $1 from the same original set as the $100 I posted yesterday.

These are all printed on an oddly textured type of paper so it does take some time to clean up the scans without losing too much detail/color.

$1 Prop Front.png$1 Prop Back.png

Last edited:
cool piece of movie prop history, thanks for sharing DB537. im just wondering why the boarder on the front of the note is black and the back is green? it just looks odd.

Those notes are not prop money. They are real Series 1990 US $50 Bills, (Which was a mistake because this scene was supposed to be set during the 1960s) Unfortunately, since they are actual US currency, it's not allowed/legal to copy them, even single sided.

thank-u for the info and help, :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back