Scans of various prop money

cool piece of movie prop history, thanks for sharing DB537. im just wondering why the boarder on the front of the note is black and the back is green? it just looks odd.

All US currency since the 1930s is printed in black ink on the obverse with a green reverse. The serial number and US Treasury seal are then overprinted in green. Newer designs of the US $5 and up are now printed on various different colors of paper, but still use the black front/green back printing.

if anyone's interested I have blank British notes for you to create your own just drop me a message and your email and I'll email them over - I have 5, 10, 20 & 50 notes please note (no pun intended) they are not legal tender and are for prop or personal use only

regards

I decided to add them as so many people have contacted me - so here they are - plus a couple already done the latter ones are double sided

Thank you for these! I had fun placing my friends into them. Great quality :)

Here is the front and back of the $50 from the same original set of 1970s/1980s prop money as the $1 and $100 I posted a few weeks ago.

This is the same type of $50 bill that was used in The Goonies.

Prop $50 Front.pngProp $50 Back.png

Please note that I'm sharing these scans for personal use only and they are NOT to be sold for any reason.
I actively seek out copies of my files being sold online. I'll openly call out anyone who does so and post their info!

Here are scans of the front and back of a $50 prop bill that was made by Earl Hays Press for one of the Batman movies. I am not sure which one.

More tomorrow.

Batman $50 Front.pngBatman $50 Back.jpg

Please note that I'm sharing these scans for personal use only and they are NOT to be sold for any reason.
I actively seek out copies of my files being sold online. I'll openly call out anyone who does so and post their info!

Here is the front and back of the $50 from the same original set of 1970s/1980s prop money as the $1 and $100 I posted a few weeks ago.

This is the same type of $50 bill that was used in The Goonies.

View attachment 344146View attachment 344145

Thanks for posting these. The contrast seems a bit high on these? Did you turn up the contrast on the scans? The smaller resolution images you posted in the other thread, had less contrast, but more detail. It would be great if you could post the un-edited scans so we can turn up contrast / brightness etc to a level we like...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these. The contrast seems a bit high on these? Did you turn up the contrast on the scans? The smaller resolution images you posted in the other thread, had less contrast, but more detail. It would be great if you could post the un-edited scans so we can turn up contrast / brightness etc to a level we like...

Yes. I had to fix the contrast because the paper has a weird texture that shows up in the scans. I will see what I can do to fix it and post a new one later. I can't post the unedited scans because I would then have no way of identifying if someone was selling copies of my scans without my permission.

Last edited:
The $50 bill with less contrast:

Prop $50 Front Alt..png$50 Prop Back Alt..png

Much better! Thanks a million. As for "unedited", I meant just no fixes in contrast / brightness etc... But you could off course still had some tells in them, off course... But the ones above are just perfect, I guess. Now where was that Goonies wallet again... ;)

Are you sure that there actually exists a backside? I've never seen one. I guess you can use the same design front and back?

Are you sure that there actually exists a backside? I've never seen one. I guess you can use the same design front and back?

Some old prop money like the 'western' bill I posted previously does have the same design on both sides, but they are printed in different colors. Maybe that would work?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back