Show your Dr. Who props!

My Tomb Cybermat, again like much of my builds its not very screen accurate but I think its pretty cool...

Tomb+Cybermat+03.png

Tomb+Cybermat+04.png

Me three!

Thank you,

I have a sort of how its made here: http://myuntemperedschism.blogspot.com/2012/01/1967-cybermat-on-budget.html and some more photos

Its actually remote controlled also so it scoots about the livingroom floor while the cats and dogs try to figure out what the heck it is....

Thanks again, Ill post more of my DW props/Collection at a later date. Im actuallyg oign through everything and trying to get it all in one place.... you know what thats like.

Last edited:
JPK2C.jpg

Added a couple of new items over the weekend (River's Sonic, Master's Screwdriver and the journal that will become the Journal of Impossible things).

Last edited:
All I have so far are the toy sonics that still need to be repainted. Maybe one of these days I’ll get off my rear and finish the shadow box display I started a while back.

-John

1.jpg

2.jpg

Great collections and displays guys!

d_jedi1 - nifty looking custom there. I'd love to know more about the upgraded toy new series sonic you have there and also about that pocket watch.
Johnny - Love the display box. I've been planning on doing similar with my old 800-Trekker pull door sign.
Anakin - that sonic looks like perfection itself.

I'm currently refurbishing a K9 and am in the middle of building a Dalek to add to my collection. :)
I'll post pics if I can figure out how.

Great collections and displays guys!

d_jedi1 - nifty looking custom there. I'd love to know more about the upgraded toy new series sonic you have there and also about that pocket watch.

:thumbsup
Sure thing. The upgraded (minorly, I can assure you) was covered in this thread.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/c-o-9-10-sonic-screwdriver-minor-upgrades-89309/
The modification involved cutting sections out (mainly just on the handle, I didn't really mod the head or anything) and hollowing it out further back.
The batteries on mine actually go back to where the handle and pen-nub connect, it's hollowed that deep.
After that I thinned the walls of the handle and shored it all up slightly, nothing too severe, I glued in a thin card-stock where I'd thinned it. This was done because of my sawing bits out, basically reenforcing the gaps.
Before painting it, I added ridges with a two-part epoxy.
I covered the metal bits with aluminum tape and that was that for a while.
Eventually, I added a nonfunctioning microswitch to the slider to give it a more authentic look.
P1130044.jpg

The watch, is JUST a watch. It needs wound, used to belong to my brother, I have no REAL use for it and it looked like something the Doctor might carry.
P1130039.jpg

P1130040.jpg

P1130041.jpg

P1130042.jpg

P1130043.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back