Done / Completed Slayer Handbook - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I just won an auction for the official Factory X version off eBay. Received it today stuffed into a box roughly the same size as the book with the front cover in six pieces because any impact to the shipping box was sure to damage the fragile book inside. apolifka - Yours is definitely better quality and I only wish I stumbled upon this thread four years ago. Here's hoping for another run some day.

I just won an auction for the official Factory X version off eBay. Received it today stuffed into a box roughly the same size as the book with the front cover in six pieces because any impact to the shipping box was sure to damage the fragile book inside. apolifka - Yours is definitely better quality and I only wish I stumbled upon this thread four years ago. Here's hoping for another run some day.
I repainted mine, but it's still crap. IIRC it was made by a well-known member of this forum who was provided with very poor reference materials to create it.

For reference sake it was always referred to as The VAMPYR Tome on the show. It was the comic books that tried to make it something else. If you remember back to the actual show when the Slayer Handbook was mentioned for the first time, it was Buffy who asked why she had never seen it?
Then remember that the VAMPYR Tome was the first thing Giles showed Buffy in the very first episode.
I don't cut Factory X any slack as they were doing what every other “factory” prop store was at the time: having knock offs made of screen seen props and sending those off to China to have them mass produced as cheaply as possible.
I don’t know a single person who has purchased Factory X/Buffy that hasn’t turned around and gotten rid of it once it was received.
The one piece from Buffy they put out that didn’t have a major flaw was Mr. Gordo, Buffy’s plush pig.
If you don’t believe me try looking for one and you will see what I mean.
Anyway, as far as another “run” of the VAMPYR Tome is concerned I’ve never done one. What I did do was purchase as many of the same volume of Family Bible as was used to make the screen used book as I could find and make them over.
The total of books I’ve done were done on a one at a time basis when I could find a volume that was suitable for making over.
Anymore however volumes of the right book have gotten so hard to find I’ve turned that part of the process over to the customer.
Very occasionally someone approaches me with a book they have found and for a fee I make it over for them.
Happy hunting guys!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back