Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser closing?

Surely, it's a matter of repacakging, rebranding or whatever... there's too much invested in the "cruiser" itself. This could just be wishful thinking talking here as I still was hoping to see it some day. Wait and see, I guess!

Quick, someone find this guy and isolate him from hearing this news.

The buzzkill could be staggering and I don’t think he could take it.

IMG_9103.jpeg

Last edited:
You know, I'm not sure how MUCH Disney sunk into this thing. It's a concrete slab 3 story building. There are a few elaborate set pieces inside, but I think Disney could close those off and make it a non-interactive "regular" hotel as well. Or just repurpose the entire building for VIPs and conferences.

s-galactic-starcruiser-aerial-august-2021-4-scaled.jpg

You know, I'm not sure how MUCH Disney sunk into this thing. It's a concrete slab 3 story building. There are a few elaborate set pieces inside, but I think Disney could close those off and make it a non-interactive "regular" hotel as well. Or just repurpose the entire building for VIPs and conferences.

View attachment 1702542

They could easily rebrand it as a Guardians of the Galaxy themed hotel with minimal effort..

They definitely got too greedy with the price there.
Reminds me of the custom plates debacle here in Belgium. A custom license plate costs 1000€ here, expensive, but it worked well for the state. So well they decided to raise the price to 2000€. The drop in custom plates revenues was drastic. So now they brought it back down to the original price, and it sells like hot cakes again. But in this case they corrected the price point, not shut down the whole thing.

Or they could, IDK, recreate one of the countless action sequences from Star Wars into an immersive experience instead of trying to dupe people into thinking Star Wars is nothing more than watching "alien" lounge singers and spending a night in dinner theater style luxury.

I find this whole closure/ revamp to be hilarious. It was only a matter of time before they had to redo things.

I'm honestly surprised it lasted 2 years, but it was easy for them to package this announcement along with the cancellation of the billion $ campus development.

Boy, that was fast! Anyone could see that this wouldn't last most because of their greedy prices, but I gave it five years. Just two? Yeah, the new they f'd this up early.

Yes get rid of the show, drastically drop the price, and just be a cool hotel.
They could, but it wouldn't be that easy to do, it depends on where the big common area where the Rey-Kylo showdown takes place. If it's connected to the check in area, they could probably make it a lobby area pretty easily. But if it's not connected to the front entrance, it would take a bit more remodeling then.

Or they could, IDK, recreate one of the countless action sequences from Star Wars into an immersive experience instead of trying to dupe people into thinking Star Wars is nothing more than watching "alien" lounge singers and spending a night in dinner theater style luxury.

I find this whole closure/ revamp to be hilarious. It was only a matter of time before they had to redo things.
It's a little more than just a dinner theater experience. It's more like dinner theater that goes on for 3 "days" and 2 nights, outside of your meal, and involves (optional) direct audience participation, and virtual Easter egg hunts. But it's still way too expensive for what you get.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back