Step aside all Iron Man armor makers! Watch this!

random question: am i the ONLY girl posting here? or i just don't go out to the other threads to bump into one?

Whoa, we have girls here!?:cheers

All we had at our premiere was a guy with one of the toy helmets on in a t shirt. He was heckled as a power ranger for most of the entire film.

Just wanted to say kudos to the people who know how to wear these elaborate suits. When you wear these things you become the character... a while back we had a local 501st Garrison and the ESB Fett WAS Fett. There is a special skill stepping into a character and becoming them. You folks rule, and I hope to see more of ya... not these promotional clowns.

Sorry to have brought up SW.:angel

This tour suit is making its rounds. It was supposedly at an Auto Show in Phoenix, AZ, on Sunday, Nov. 28. I saw it in person at the 2010 San Jose Holiday Parade when it made its appearance along with a Spider-man character for a garbage company.The person who wore it did not seem to have much a neck. I am curious if Marvel Appearances used any Legacy Effects stuff in reference to the production of their suit. Below are some pictures of what I saw.

5236063627_68bef3b814.jpg
5236064797_ceec9ef0cb.jpg
5236658640_5679c440a4.jpg
5236067383_bbf14e4ca2.jpg
5236067859_ed65032a1c.jpg
5236662216_74fe0e9ae6.jpg

That costume is just plain pathetic I would expect this from a Rubies costume but from something Paramount wanted they should have done better, like TMP better. And I don't know WTF Marvel was thinking. As least the costume wearer could have been taller or at least they could have got the costume on the guy right after I looked at the FB images.

5236662216_74fe0e9ae6.jpg

I'd make a joke about "taking out the trash," but that would be too easy.
Actually, the suit doesn't seem too bad from the pics, just ill fitting and lacking in consistency. The chest, shoulder bells and mask seem higher quality than most of the other parts (at least, they're finished better). There may also be different materials used for different parts - the matte parts look like they could be made of some cheap plastic.
Hell, I'd take this armor! It looks like it could be the basis for a great suit, after a lot of customization that is.
It just shows you that attention to detail and proper fit are required to have a good looking set of IM armor.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back