Step aside all Iron Man armor makers! Watch this!

@ stealth- - put in apron "KISS THE CHEF" lol.

or "kiss the CHIEF" omg this thing writes itself!

Master_Chief.jpg

Last edited:
Thoses big company have their own or affiliates promoters and most of them time they used their own real or replica suit like the did in SDCC with Ironman and other characters., When i made a costume i just have fun, if someones wants to hire me (like private party, store, videoclubs etc......... )cool i do it, i get paid for my talent as a artist.
I know how this work not just for me from other propmaker here and other countries. Just very feewwwwww......... have been lucky.
Selling parts o making few costume you will get more money than be hiring for promotion events.

Last edited:
I never made a penny out of it! Sometimes I even spent my own money.
But I didn't care in 2002 for episode II. IN 2005 when eiii came out things were different. People from movie theathers knew about us and we were hired in 4 theathers, from thursday to sunday and we got refunds at least for gas and stuff like that...at least!

But yeah, if they call you up it's a plus, but i'd have to say that getting a good comment here is way more satisfying than being at some official event.

I never made a penny out of it! Sometimes I even spent my own money.
But I didn't care in 2002 for episode II. IN 2005 when eiii came out things were different. People from movie theathers knew about us and we were hired in 4 theathers, from thursday to sunday and we got refunds at least for gas and stuff like that...at least!

But yeah, if they call you up it's a plus, but i'd have to say that getting a good comment here is way more satisfying than being at some official event.

people just have to see first. then they will remember you. ;)

What we are possibly seeing is some kind of tour suit that someone of a general height and build would wear. Sadly, it is a question of economics, logistics and politics, that a fan suit may not be used. I suspect that Marvel and/or Paramount may understandably have existing contracts with other companies to use their services, products and people.

Frighteningly enough, this suit looks better than the suit used by Marvel Appearances, which is a licensed company who makes authorized appearances for Marvel. For all we know, this same company made the movie tour suit or someone just like them.

poprecent04.jpg
popinteractiveshows09.jpg

DC also has something similar going with a company called Milestone Productions. Characters include the Justice League, Teen Titans, Batman (classic) and Batman (Dark Knight). From what I have seen, their suits look better than the Marvel ones. Below is a picture of Zen (Hush style Batman), his wife, Tracy, as Catwoman and the Milestone Productions Batman (Batman Begins) at a media event for a company that I used to work for where we had Kevin Conroy as a guest. At that time, I think that my former workplace paid something like $1200 for the three hour appearance to Milestone.

What we are possibly seeing is some kind of tour suit that someone of a general height and build would wear. Sadly, it is a question of economics, logistics and politics, that a fan suit may not be used. I suspect that Marvel and/or Paramount may understandably have existing contracts with other companies to use their services, products and people.

Frighteningly enough, this suit looks better than the suit used by Marvel Appearances, which is a licensed company who makes authorized appearances for Marvel. For all we know, this same company made the movie tour suit or someone just like them.

poprecent04.jpg
popinteractiveshows09.jpg

DC also has something similar going with a company called Milestone Productions. Characters include the Justice League, Teen Titans, Batman (classic) and Batman (Dark Knight). From what I have seen, their suits look better than the Marvel ones. Below is a picture of Zen (Hush style Batman), his wife, Tracy, as Catwoman and the Milestone Productions Batman (Batman Begins) at a media event for a company that I used to work for where we had Kevin Conroy as a guest. At that time, I think that my former workplace paid something like $1200 for the three hour appearance to Milestone.

:cry what happened to ironman???!!! :cry

I never charged for appearences or profitered from appearing. To cover my travel, overnight expenses i have no problem with. I will never ask for appearing, in that case i would ask them to donate to local charity (Kids & youth focsed) were the event is.

Either way. I dont think it is fair to kill or critic the design of the Ironman 2 suit. The suit is ok.
Could been better but again its not the design that is wrong. Is the little effort they put into getting this promotional gig right.

Please Please PLEASE... For the sake of Ironman fans, do this right next time. :confused:thumbsup

I hope more take learning from 501st Legion and Lucas Art for their level of recent years great appearences. The value of the 501st has beond any other. The mass comerical and Postive effect has been amazing. People who do this of free will, and love the movie so much they are eager to stay in carracter at all time in the worst heat and dress up in the name of charity. That is amazing! If it is somebody doing it right the last years its THESE GUYS!... If anyone gained promotionally with photos, talks, articels, media covrage its Lucas Art also due to 501st cannon standards.

I am :cry and get :confused and :angry when i se a suit slapped togher like a clown suit.:thumbsdown

Can someone post some pics of the costume at the Italian premiere?? C'Mon, I want to join in the fun and ridicule.

Is there another link to these pics? I cannot access them from my computer. Thanks.

Paul D.

Last edited:
John, they don't give a **** about the real fan.
Let me share you a story about SW.

It was 2002 and we went to talk to Fox Italia since we had like 20 costumes and wanted to be part of the italian premiere. After talking a bit, comes out that the lady tells us she doesn't want costumes that are not Lucasfilm originals, but she wants us to get dressed and be on some balconies of the theather so the people down on the streets could see us. Far, but present.

So the show begins, vips start to come in. We were relegated at the 4th floor of this big theather. After a while I just grow tired of being put aside and I decide to get my guys together get to the first floor and show up in front of everybody. So get into formation...20 costumes...we show up and all the media leaves VIPS behind and come to us. Delirious...

We even go to the outside where there's the red carpet. Same thing...media guys and regular people go crazy...tons of pictures...After a while, the lady from Fox comes to me and says: "I didn't know your costumes were so good-looking, congratulations! Wow"...

So you see? They don't care. To them, the fans are just that. Fans.
She could have just asked us to look at some pictures and take a decision after that, instead, sci-fi, fantasy fans are jsut considered "never-grown-up" people to treat like little kids.

I don't get surprised anymore.
And to say it all, the short guy in the armor, will probably be someone's friend who wanted to do that. Works like this here. Reccomendations. For almost everything.

I think we are lucky here in the SF Bay Area. LFL has used fan costumes on a very regular basis. We seem to be the go to when they need costumes.

random question: am i the ONLY girl posting here? or i just don't go out to the other threads to bump into one?

YES! YES you are and that is good!:love:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sorry!

I think today's generation with there heads always facing down texting all they know are words. Pictures are unknown to them so when they see a costumed character that they don't know it makes them stop and look confused. Ah yes! The future of our planet!

Can someone post some pics of the costume at the Italian premiere?? C'Mon, I want to join in the fun and ridicule.

Riceball,

I know but I cannot access the link from my computer for security reasons. Site is blocked. Just whining. I had asked earlier for pics. Thanks.

Paul D.

Ah, got it. So no Facebook at work then, eh? I'm sure that someone will eventually post the pics.

Thanks for posting those. I hadn't seen it til now.

Doesn't look as bad as I expected based on the trashing the guy was getting.:lol Definitely too big and no time was taken to get the fitting right but he's probably some theatre employee they pulled off the popcorn machine.

I would love to have seen it close up and see how thin they poured that rubber and what shore urethane it is.

So is this the Rubies suit that is coming out? I haven't heard or read that Rubies was going to produce an IM 2 suit? Any one have links or photos of this?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back