Stromberg base from James Bond " the spy who loved me"

Yes i added the bedroom in the same style of the dinning room cause that the problem i told about this part. Inside can't fit in the outside... the magical trick in a lot of movies. on the inside, the wall with the tv screen, and the "fall to shark" elevator has a door on the right.. so it should have a room behind but when looking from the outside it can't fit... that wall should have 2 windows... so here is why i imagined this room...

Hello sorry i was out of home during january, taking care of my grand-father until his death...
But i print quasi all the pieces... only need the tanks and the rails on the different stages...
I will begin sanding and the painting process in some days...

Attachments

• 20221219_132345.jpg
    20221219_132345.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
  • 20221219_132233.jpg
    20221219_132233.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 20221219_132251.jpg
    20221219_132251.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Hello sorry i was out of home during january, taking care of my grand-father until his death...
But i print quasi all the pieces... only need the tanks and the rails on the different stages...
I will begin sanding and the painting process in some days...
Sorry to hear about the passing of your Grand-Father...

i worked on tanks inside the dome, and on the interior of the command room (still need to add the computers and some walls)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (382).png
    Capture d’écran (382).png
    227.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Capture d’écran (383).png
    Capture d’écran (383).png
    330 KB · Views: 59
and other thing still thinking of what is the use of this little sphere... ;)

Attachments

• SpyLovedMe00025 b.jpg
    SpyLovedMe00025 b.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 91
Not sure but my first reaction -- and it would make some sense -- is it's a diving bell.
good idea... but how can they put it in water...

i thought of an other rescue pod (cause they are not the same design of the others) perhaps on repair (cause it can't go up due to the ceiling and the different stages of the dome...)

a control room, for the helicopters and other engineering system...

it would be easier to know the use to redisign all the parts which are connected to it, floor, pipes, etc... so still thinking... ;)

as the rescue pods works only in underwater conditions...
perhaps this one could work when the base is over the sea like on the oil rig which have escape boats...
this escape pod could be launch then using some kind of tunnel goes through the little parts under the dome to fall into sea... (after thinking, this idea doesn't work due to the different places of these items... no luck)

other thing on the design of this pod, what seems to be "windows" can only be the reflection of the dome on it

and perhaps this pod mate painting is what is shown on the model but with a simplified design

Attachments

• escape pod.jpg
    escape pod.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 90
  • escape pods 2.jpg
    escape pods 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 91
  • escape pods 3.jpg
    escape pods 3.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
So how close to getting this into kit production are you? This is truly an incredible endevour. TSWLM is my first Bond movie and my gateway into Ian Flemings world.

Such a cool project! Have flirted with the idea of scratch-building tis, but have never truly considered doing it. too intimidating!

Kudos to you for this!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back