Studio Scale TIE Fighter

Only posting this here as I didn't get replies from my past 3-4 e-mails over the past few months to Steve. Requested refund on 10/17 for a partial trade/purchase that didn't go anywhere back in March. I was convinced to wait for new wingstars in May but it sounds like they are on the back burner for a while behind other projects.

Also I think it would help producers and buyers alike to always keep an updated list on the forum on what is owed along with an estimate of delivery. Accountability is not a bad thing. Real life does get in the way often times and what incentive does a kit producer have to come back to the forum when their inbox and e-mail are swamped with messages? I had the experience of handling 40+ orders from the forum along with other e-mails and the customer service end is extremely difficult to keep up with unless it becomes a temporary full-time job. I both understand the frustration of buyers who felt they were given false hope over a delivery date along with the insane work of a big GK producer like Steve to try and stay organized especially with the Herculean task of casting so many kits and playing the customer service side of things.. NOT easy for one person to juggle, too easy to get behind on all fronts and maybe even discouraged from the business itself. There are often problems in these situations but there are also solutions.

Hope my thoughts are well received.

Hey guys,
I understand your frustration and I am not going to boar you with excuses for the delays. I do want to inform you all I am down to a one man show again as my resin guy went into the Marine Corps.. good for him bad for me. Past due orders are priority one. I completed 4 orders this week and they ship Monday. I will be contacting each order as I get the parts cast and informing of shipping. There is no good excuse for the super long delay but just know that the Y wing and other new projects are on hold till past due orders are shipped. As always feel free to contact me at sneisen@bresnan.net I am going to get these all out sooner than later. I’m trying to clean un-catalyzed RTV from the interceptor wing master.. any ideas? the master is styrene so heat is not an option. I will endeavor to keep folks updated more frequently. Got in a funk after a series of bad personal issues but fighting back. Will try check RPF more often sorry guys.
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

I'm still waiting, PM with update when you have a chance. I guess you have no Christmas gift for me.

GFollano

Right now, I would consider any actual response from Steve to be a Christmas gift.

Anyone want to buy a SS Tie that is missing 1 piece?

Steve,

I'm still waiting, PM with update when you have a chance. I guess you have no Christmas gift for me.

GFollano

So hardly worth selling your kit, which are hard to come by, for the sake of a Bogie?
Why not just buy the original donor and replace the part? Just a thought if your a studio scale builder?

lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back