Studio Scale TIE Fighter

*EDIT* Refund received!

Any idea how long the backlog of orders is? I requested a refund in October as I'm guessing there are no TIE armatures available anymore, and the newer wings I am more than happy to wait for to work out our trade are a future project. Steve if you could please refund me for now I'd be happy to pay you again later closer to that date.

Last edited:
*EDIT* Refund received!

Any idea how long the backlog of orders is? I requested a refund in October as I'm guessing there are no TIE armatures available anymore, and the newer wings I am more than happy to wait for to work out our trade are a future project. Steve if you could please refund me for now I'd be happy to pay you again later closer to that date.

Wow, how did you do it? I asked for a refund multiple times and was ignored while others in this thread have been told no refunds.

Does anyone have or know of any decent photos/tips/tutorials regarding the TIE Fighter wing edge treatment, how it incorporates the wing panels with the "spider" frame, etc.)??? (I'm particularly interested in material sizes/thicknesses and/or if any plastruct/evergreen stock is/can be used)

Does any one have the NEisen Hero TIE instructions? Or pics of how the interior is built? I have a small question about the interior's back wall pieces.... thanks!

You know I was looking at mine yesterday thinking the same thing. If you have an Alu armature do you need all the panel pieces or are they just for one without?

I have the panel pieces, hero wings, vintage Kool Shade, and aluminum armature.

I have figured everything out except for one panel inside the cockpit that looks like it should nest into the back wall piece - just checking if that's the case.

Also, apparently the Hero wings are undersized - does any one know exactly how long the wing stars are supposed to be? I plan to scratch the wing stars with lasercut acrylic/styrene and castings of the greeblies. I've been trying to get an answer for a while now - no one is sharing.

Same on the back panel. I thought I must be missing a piece as it doesn't sit on the deck. Does it attach to the back wall? Sorry can't help on the wings mine are solid.

Joe, got it - and if I can get accurate dimensions as far as the length of the spars, I can rock and roll on building all four from scratch!

Jason, each wing tip needs to be 1/4" longer than the old hero stars. According to the eFX information. Of course they got that by measuring tip to tip on the one from the archives I'm told.

Dave :)

Can anyone tell me why the stars are twice as thick as they are supposed to be, and why the machined armature is therefore too long? I guess you have to keep the stars double-thick so that the armature doesn't poke out of either side of the ship?

I'm really bummed.

When I built the first TIE kit, I put the stars on the belt sander and thinned them down and they fit the armature fine for me. There is still thickness to the koolshade and cardstock inside. So keep that in mind. Put all your layers together before you cut down that armature. You only get one shot at it. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back