the absolute BEST Star Trek tunics ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apollo @ Feb 25 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]1426551[/snapback]</div>
Wow, you are one of the lucky ones 3 for 3.

A lot of people are still waiting for their orders. :unsure
[/b]

Yeah, I feel guilty making people wait a little longer sometimes for their orders when things get piled up, but Kerezman (www.costumecostumecostume.com) has been taking people's money for years and often NEVER sending what was ordered, and we're talking YEARS of waiting, not months, let alone promptly answwering e-mails regarding a purchase.

When I decided to do this for a living, Kerezman was my prime example of how NOT to run a business. I have to deal every day with people who have been burned by this guy and think every costumer is out to screw them out of their money.

He gives us all a bad name.

~ GM

Old thread, I know, but the wife and I are starting to play around with making some of these TOS outfits for ourselves for Halloween. I love this thread for all it's info and references. Anyone else moving forward with any TOS uniforms? I'm finding the stuff available on Rodd.com ok, but somewhat substandard, such as the braid, but especially the insignias. Any other good sources out there for braid and stuff?

Last edited:
I've been wanting to make some kind of Trek uniform. I've considered something along the lines of FC though Nemesis uniforms, yet I think I should start with something else for a beginner. I've been thinking on a TOS tunic myself.

Duran Shoes 320.00 shipped......the best you can get for under 800.00

you can get them with the cuban heel same price!!:love
boots1f.jpg

boots2a.jpg

If these pictures are yours and you do not want them used give me the word and I will remove them!

OG_spockcollarmaterial.jpg

spocksbrain_chekovcollarver.jpg

I know that this 'pique' textured collar material wasn't always used on the tunic collars in the first season, but I don't believe I have ever seen it on one of the female 'skant' dresses. Am I wrong? Anyone recall seeing it on ANY of the dresses?

And a follow-up question: What fabric is the alternate collar material?

Nice - I'm jealous; I have a full outfit but it's not quite screen accurate. Where are you getting the rank braid from? I have Katarra8's braid from eBay and while it's close, it's not quite accurate. I hear the Rodd.com stuff is better, but haven't seen it...

Well the spring weave IS the pique... at least as far as my findings indicate. But the women's looks to be something smooth or at least much less textured than the spring weave...

Thanks for the complements guys!
Unfortunatly, my crappy photography skills are doing that magnificant tunic a disservice.
As for the maker...I may need to check and see if I can reveal that here. (Care to guess?)
I will say that my tunic is the most screen accurate tunic I have ever seen, and that when I can say who made it, you'll understand better the above statement.
Honestly, the only way to own a more accurate 1st/2nd season tunic would be to own an original from the set.:)

As for the rank braid, I'm supposed to recieve Captain's braids from the maker of my shirt, but I've yet to see them.
Hopefulllly I'll get them soon.

John

AKA:Crewman Green

Well, I just found this on Anovos' website. Looks like 3rd season DN is up first and THIS YEAR, with the 1st/2nd season velour coming out next year. I'm actually shocked as this might actually beat the STAR TREK: THE NEW UNIVERSE uniforms to market. It also gives us the first mention of the women's uniforms, and the idea that they will be doing both styles of the dresses. But don't take my word for it, check it out...

AnovosStuff.png

Now all we need is a price point!

John

Cawley has parted with Anovos from what I understand. I would LOVE a Cawley tunic and was so looking forward to one through Jose and Dana. (Anovos)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back