The Jayne Cobb complete outfit build

DalekNim

For reasons that should become obvious later on in this build, I've decided I need a complete Jayne Cobb cosplay outfit. I recently completed a full-size, operator on the inside, motorized, full electro mechanical Dalek. I've also done a full Mandalorian with Amban pulse rifle, Bo Katan (for my wife), 10th Dr Who and an original character I call 'Future Man' so I have some experience at putting together screen accurate costumes. I recently started a full Halo Master Chief build as well but while I'm waiting for my new PRUSA XL to arrive i thought I'd work on this.
A lot of the pieces can be just sourced so 'only' his weapons will need to be fabricated and his boot gaiters.
For reference I'm using The Titan Books 541 page book called "FireFly A Celebration". It has tons of high quality full color images of the actual props and costumes as well as lots of explanations of prop details and costume details. So from that, starting at the top, here's the pieces I plan to put together:
- cunning wool Chinese hat
- cheap half used unlit cigar
- go-T (I'll just grow one prior to any appearance)
- a couple of brown, earth tone t-shirts with the appropriate images on them
- light tan cargo pants
- black duty belt with brass buckle and 4 chrome belt keepers
- black leather bracelet
- leather knife sheath, small army style canvas pouch, small nylon rectangular pouch (like used for a leatherman tool), thigh pistol holster
- coffin handled, model 225 liberty Bowie knife made by Rough Rider
- modified civil war LaMat pistol
- Callahan Full Bore Auto Lock with tan shoulder harness/bandolier
- green army M65 jacket
- fingerless gloves
- black nylon boot gatiers
- green/black army combat boots

I'll be fabricating the following items:
- Callahan Full Bore Auto Lock
- LaMat Pistol
-Bowie knife and leather sheath
- boot gaiters

I've managed to source the wool hat, t-shirt, leather bracelet, gloves, duty belt, thigh holster, belt pouches and combat boots so far. I found several M65 jackets on eBay but I'm going to check out some local thrift shops first. I'll post pics of items as they arrive as well as progress pics of the things I'm building. Questions and comments are always welcome ...

Ok so some progress to report ...
Just got notified that the wool hat I'm having made is complete and being shipped. Teh gloves recently showed up and after cutting off the fingers I'm in the process of dying it to the correct colors. Even though most of the pics of his gloves seem to show them as this light brownish with black color the research I've done indicated that the gloves are actually gray with black. I found a post where someone who was making the outfit ran into Baldwin at a convention and asked him about it. Baldwin said teh gloves are actually grey with the black accents. I'll post a pic once the are done being dyed.

Still waiting on the leather duty style belt and belt keepers to arrive but my green/black combat boots and black leather bracelet are here.
The 3D model of his Bowie knife was completed and so I printed it to check fit and started priming it. Still hoping to find a M65 green army jacket at a local thrift shop but I may have no choice but to buy one on eBay ... I also need to go to JoANN fabrics and look for some black nylon material to make his boot gaiters out of.

Once I finish the knife I'll take it to my leather guy and have him make me a screen accurate sheath for it. I also need to find a suitable pair of tan cargo pants but I can get them anywhere so I'm not in. Big rush to get them

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1212.png
    IMG_1212.png
    370.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1209.png
    IMG_1209.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Jayne's knife is now complete. Unfortunately also just realized for the actual prop the handle nameplate is rss not silver so I'll need to repaint it. Also I'll need to add a little weathering to it to more closely match the prop. Next up is his pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2863.jpeg
    IMG_2863.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Repaint of the knife engraving plate to a screen accurate brass plus a light weathering pass has been completed. The 3D model of the pistol is done and I've started printing it. I've also completed dying the gloves, making 13 bullets for the rifle sling bandolier and several other clothing pieces have arrived. I still need to get a pair of tan cargo pants, green M65 jacket and make the boot gaiters and knife sheath. I'll lay out what I have so far and take a few pics to post as well. And of course we don't want to forget about Vera ...

Attachments

• janes knife.jpeg
    janes knife.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 7
  • janyes knife1.jpeg
    janyes knife1.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1223.png
    IMG_1223.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 8
here's a quick image of where I stand at the moment ... the next week will be spent printing & finishing his pistol

Attachments

• jayne cobb outfit.jpg
    jayne cobb outfit.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 8

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back