Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Hey bud and fellow participants, your feelings are understandable, and I totally accept the blame for a lack on communication here. My presence in theRPF isn’t as much as it is on my other media accounts. I’ll work hard on increasing my presence for the future.
I feel strongly that I should reply to this message, as you quoted mine. While I appreciate that you recognize that you needed to put in more effort here I feel other points are lost. I have participated in saber runs since 2007. I am currently waiting for a SaberKraft order of 4 "Flames." Some runs took weeks, while I've been waiting on my SaberKraft pre-order for about 3 years. I've even experienced failed runs and stolen funds. Why would I wait 3 years for an item, you might ask? Confidence in the maker and communication from him, with absolutely NO broken promises, at least to me. The initial deadline extension came as a surprise, but we weathered it and moved on. In those 3 years, Ozan has lost family and friends, suffered through COVID, shutdowns from his government, other illnesses, and many (many) supply issues. I am not comparing your life's hurdles, but I am trying to illuminate to you the fact that we all go through life; both the good and the bad. Yet how we conduct our business and communicate delays and issues to others, particularly to our customers, is vital in maintaining those relationships. Between Celebration and now you have clearly had ups and downs. As for your other socials, I would be more than happy to follow them if I knew what and where they are. Congrats on beginning the shipments; I look forward to receiving my blade.

I feel strongly that I should reply to this message, as you quoted mine. While I appreciate that you recognize that you needed to put in more effort here I feel other points are lost. I have participated in saber runs since 2007. I am currently waiting for a SaberKraft order of 4 "Flames." Some runs took weeks, while I've been waiting on my SaberKraft pre-order for about 3 years. I've even experienced failed runs and stolen funds. Why would I wait 3 years for an item, you might ask? Confidence in the maker and communication from him, with absolutely NO broken promises, at least to me. The initial deadline extension came as a surprise, but we weathered it and moved on. In those 3 years, Ozan has lost family and friends, suffered through COVID, shutdowns from his government, other illnesses, and many (many) supply issues. I am not comparing your life's hurdles, but I am trying to illuminate to you the fact that we all go through life; both the good and the bad. Yet how we conduct our business and communicate delays and issues to others, particularly to our customers, is vital in maintaining those relationships. Between Celebration and now you have clearly had ups and downs. As for your other socials, I would be more than happy to follow them if I knew what and where they are. Congrats on beginning the shipments; I look forward to receiving my blade.
I didn’t mean to single you out, but I felt like it was appropriate to respond because I take your feelings to heart.

I agree communication will make or break any business relationship. Maintaining contact, responding to questions and all the rest is a full time job in itself.

I’ve been in this hobby a long time as well, it’s always the one thing that will take down a giant. I’ve seen it take down my friends.

I’ve been making these blades for a few years now building my brand on other websites as well as building a clientele with managed expectations, it’s really only started getting to the point where things are organized. The blades are more art than just a product, I want them all to be perfect, they mean a lot to me because I built them totally from scratch. The design and methods of fabrications have gone through countless changes and there will be countless more because it’s an ever evolving thing. That means the rate of progress is always in flux and makes it hard to gauge.

Those who have been following my journey from the beginning are more aware of how I work. They know that my ETAs are just estimates and not necessarily a promise. They will get what they pay for even if it takes a little longer than I had anticipated. I can always promise to do my best, but I am not to the point where I can 100% say and give a date of completion months in advance or in this case we started this project over a year ago with no clear idea of when to expect them to be done. Technically speaking this whole batch of blades were done in record time as compared to my usual intake and output of orders. Lightning fast in fact, despite the ups and downs.

This time I did things a little different as I’m working in tandem with another maker for the first time, on a website I’m unfamiliar with, and all new customers who have never heard of me before. With blades of a new design, new decal, with new and different adapters and connectors that were also designed from scratch specifically for this build. I even had to handle getting the chassis redesigned and tested and I handles how it should all go together. I was kinda thrown into handling all of that and I honestly wasn’t expecting this to be such an involved job, but it needed to be for it to be successful so I took on all that responsibility even though it was never really the plan.

I would even say some tripping is to be expected, and there were quite a few hiccups.

But there were no reason for any of the run participants to have that expectation because I neglected to update my personal issues on a public forum. And I should have maintained better contact through email.

so that’s the reason for my apology. Had things been a more transparent I’m sure we could have avoided any worry.

My personal business page is updated regularly with all of my projects including this one.

Last edited:
Hey bud and fellow participants, your feelings are understandable, and I totally accept the blame for a lack on communication here. My presence in theRPF isn’t as much as it is on my other media accounts. I’ll work hard on increasing my presence for the future.

A general update as well as an update on the blades has been posted on my FB page weeks ago. If you want to dive down into the details I suggest giving me a follow there or on Instagram.
But yes unfortunately the shipping for the handmade blades for this run underwent a significant delay. Long story short-ish. The shipping of the blades was all supposed to happen during the week before we had to pack up the whole house, shop and family and move across town (at the beginning of July).

At that exact same time, I come down with bad bout of Covid and was out of commission for almost 2 weeks, the recovery was agonizingly slow and I hate to say it, I just didn’t have the energy to hardly get out of bed during this critical moment, it sucked and this caused a domino effect of issues. I had to pack up everything and wait until after the move, whats more, at the exact same time our parents house catches fire from a random stray Firework leaving them homeless and in desperate need of family support. During this tragic time their well being took priority. This wasn’t the end of our troubles, our new home and my workshop ended up being infested and needing bombed. We were effectively displaced for weeks while treatments were conducted. After a good deal of effort we are successfully settled in for the most part and the shop is up and running at full speed.

Again I greatly apologize for not updating the forum in a timely manner, I honestly just slacked off and felt like my other updates on my official pages would be enough but I realize I need to treat this forum as it’s own entity. . That was my fault, but what’s more, it was my fault in furthering the delay AFTER getting the move. The simple fact is that the return address was now different and it was too late to refund over $300 worth of shipping labels. To put it plainly I’m eating the loss and shipping labels are being totally reprinter on my own dollar. This would explain the “bogus” initial tracking label. It’s been voided by the post office.

I’m sure many of you have already seen a new shipping update for the original invoice, this UPS tracking number is your new number, please disregard the old one. As of last month more than half of the blades have been tested, packed and sent out. If you haven’t gotten one yet, it’s coming, I honesty just have to wait for next pay cycle to get the rest out.. oops :(

Again, very sorry for the wait, I hope you can understand the dilemma, life can be a real trip sometimes.
I promise these will be satisfactory and well worth the wait.
-Devin
TheSaberTrade

View attachment 1614180
View attachment 1614182
Hey Devin, thanks for the update here. I haven’t seen an invoice update and I assume that means mine didn’t ship yet. I just moved and only have my old residence for another week or so. Is it possible to make a shipping address change?

Hey Devin, thanks for the update here. I haven’t seen an invoice update and I assume that means mine didn’t ship yet. I just moved and only have my old residence for another week or so. Is it possible to make a shipping address change?
Yes I’ll send you a DM

I’ll be including this in an email but one more note I forgot to mention, please be sure to unscrew all 4 retention screws sufficiently so it does not catch on the plastic stem.

If it catches and you pull it off by force you could potentially damage it.

Attachments

• DE043426-59FD-4F1B-8D72-9A6D5B9F8F1B.jpeg
    DE043426-59FD-4F1B-8D72-9A6D5B9F8F1B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
I got the blade in from TheSaberTrade - looks great but I dont have a chassis for it. Does anyone have a parts lists and instructions for building/assembling a chassis with CFX?

The above post made me look back, I got the blade & PCB/pogos in from Devin/TheSaberTrade, but there was no chassis. Is there going to be a separate shipment for the chassis? Quote below for reference.

The 3d printed chassis will be included for everyone who bought a blade. It will be available by a file and an FDM print. This chassis will be DIY. No electronics will be included, just the pcb for the blade and chassis. If you’re in the first run we will ship you the chassis and pcb with the blade from The Saber Trade. This will be the same for the second run.

Let me know if you have anymore questions and I hope this helped!

Thanks,
Malibu

cloudborn - shadowfoil posted some diagrams on post #543 that should help: Limited Run - The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

A broken down parts list is is also quoted below:

For clarity, I will be providing both a Proffie and and CFX version of the chassis to Malibu139 for distribution. I will also have this item available in my Shapeways shop for ordering with SLS Nylon. Since most of you will have the file anyways you're welcome to simply print it via Shapeways yourself but if you wanted to support my work ordering through my shop would give me a little bit of a kickback.

The chassis is designed to be fully removable, but access to the Soundboard, RCP, and the Kill Switch is possible by removing the pommel while leaving the chassis in place.

The FX install parts list is as follows:
  • Proffie or CFX
  • 28mm Premium Speaker (not the bass ones) available via TCSS or The Saber Armory
  • 1.3mm RCP
  • Kill Switch
  • KeepPower 16650 Protected Button Top Battery
  • 1010-1 and 1016-1 Keystone Battery Contacts
  • Low Profile Brass Tactile Switch (shortest one on The Saber Armory)
  • Custom PCB provided by Malibu139

And switch options for the hilt:

Raised plunger style
Short black button w/ white ring

Last edited:
Perhaps there was a miscommunication or a misunderstanding between the project runners. As I inderstand the original intent from the beginning was to include a chassis with every order with a blade meaning every order for someone who intended to install the hilt.

But as soon as I dived into that we had a problem. The original chassis wouldn’t have worked for us, no way to mate the blade to make it work. This is why I lead that charge and brought in my friend from Shadowfoil Props to design us a working chassis.

His chassis is available on his Shapeways and I highly recommend purchasing through there to support our chassis designer and to get the best quality chassis. . As such no one specifically instructed me to print everyone a chassis and send them along with a blade. I think that may have been a slip up.

Perhaps there was a miscommunication or a misunderstanding between the project runners. As I inderstand the original intent from the beginning was to include a chassis with every order with a blade meaning every order for someone who intended to install the hilt.

But as soon as I dived into that we had a problem. The original chassis wouldn’t have worked for us, no way to mate the blade to make it work. This is why I lead that charge and brought in my friend from Shadowfoil Props to design us a working chassis.

His chassis is available on his Shapeways and I highly recommend purchasing through there to support our chassis designer and to get the best quality chassis. . As such no one specifically instructed me to print everyone a chassis and send them along with a blade. I think that may have been a slip up.
I agree, something must have been missed in communication. By previous posts I was also under the impression that chassis’s would be included with blades but also available for purchase. Something must have been lost in the shuffle.

I agree, something must have been missed in communication. By previous posts I was also under the impression that chassis’s would be included with blades but also available for purchase. Something must have been lost in the shuffle.

That was my understanding also...chassis were to be provided, definitely a mix-up somewhere.

I'm willing to buy the separate parts if that's the only path forward but would really appreciate a help guide since this will be my first attempt at assembling a saber chassis and installing the electronics.

That was my understanding also...chassis were to be provided, definitely a mix-up somewhere.

I'm willing to buy the separate parts if that's the only path forward but would really appreciate a help guide since this will be my first attempt at assembling a saber chassis and installing the electronics.
I’m sure we would all prefer our chassis designer to be compensated for his efforts. We did have to pull out some extra stops to make it happen so I apologize for the mixup. I’m sure Malibu135 never had ill intent.

There are many instructional videos out there on YouTube for installing lightsabers, this one isn’t being installed any different than a standard saber. Other than the blade connectors and those are pretty self explanatory.

If anyone has a favorite instruction video feel free to post it here.

I’m sure we would all prefer our chassis designer to be compensated for his efforts. We did have to pull out some extra stops to make it happen so I apologize for the mixup. I’m sure Malibu135 never had ill intent.

There are many instructional videos out there on YouTube for installing lightsabers, this one isn’t being installed any different than a standard saber. Other than the blade connectors and those are pretty self explanatory.

If anyone has a favorite instruction video feel free to post it here.

I understand the confusion, throughout the long and complicated process of this run, this announcmenet must have slipped through the cracks.

When I originally started this run the chassis was very simple and would have been very easy to print 40 of without major warping. It would have fit all the parts easily but would not have had the best functionality. When I comissioned Shadowfoil Props to design the chassis, it became a very complicated design which was only feasable through MJF or SLS 3D printing. This is why it was decided to put the cahssis on shapeways so we could support Shadowfoil Props as much as possible.

TheSaberTrade is right in saying we had no ill intent in this decision. There were many setbacks with this run and many of them were not discussed here so that we could get a product to everyone.

My apologies for the confusion and delayed announcement on the chassis.
Sorry everyone, I hope you all can understand.

Also on a more positive note, I'm happy that everyone are beginning to recieve their phenomenal blades from TheSaberTrade. I'm excited to see what people will do with their builds. Once again thank you for the help with these amazing blades.

Thanks,
Malibu

One other thing that I would like to mention.

I'd like to thank Andy Valentine for his original design of our darksaber. The lines, grooves, feel, and general shape of the saber on the outside was all designed by him. He was a monumental part of getting this hilt right. Please check him out on instagram @itsandyvalentine

Thanks,
Malibu

I understand the confusion, throughout the long and complicated process of this run, this announcmenet must have slipped through the cracks.

When I originally started this run the chassis was very simple and would have been very easy to print 40 of without major warping. It would have fit all the parts easily but would not have had the best functionality. When I comissioned Shadowfoil Props to design the chassis, it became a very complicated design which was only feasable through MJF or SLS 3D printing. This is why it was decided to put the cahssis on shapeways so we could support Shadowfoil Props as much as possible.

TheSaberTrade is right in saying we had no ill intent in this decision. There were many setbacks with this run and many of them were not discussed here so that we could get a product to everyone.

My apologies for the confusion and delayed announcement on the chassis.
Sorry everyone, I hope you all can understand.

Also on a more positive note, I'm happy that everyone are beginning to recieve their phenomenal blades from TheSaberTrade. I'm excited to see what people will do with their builds. Once again thank you for the help with these amazing blades.

Thanks,
Malibu
Got it. Thank you for clarifying. I have no problem purchasing one additionally.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back