The Mummy Hamunaptra key 3.3

Ok final version has been printed and waiting for parts to confirm this is the final final final version!

Here is teaser pic!
PXL_20230426_185458297.jpg

Almost there!!

Do you have the completed models yet?

mmm...I sent the rods and springs to MTB to test with the most updated key. If that goes well, then it's finished. If it doesn't mesh up with the changes I made to the top of the key, then more mods might be required. Final test.

I am in full production mode!! I have more resin on the way to finish up all the orders!
PXL_20230506_180423906.jpg

Here is what I have completed now! Just need resin to show up and I can start printing again! I'm sanding them a bit too so they will fit together nicely. More sanding may be required when you assemble them.

Last edited:
This will be the home of the sales thread for the Hamunaptra Key 3.1
The key's size has been reduced from it's 2017 original so that it is more consistent with the size of the books of Life and the Dead.
The pin for the hinges for the flaps were 3D printed in the original, and sometimes broke under stress. The new pins for the flaps are metal and will not break, and will rotate easier since they are perfect round and low friction. (this should eliminate sticky flaps not opening)
The new 3.0 key will be 3D printed glossy metal colored PLA, and looks very cool even without being painted. The key will be sold as a finished piece, rather than a kit.

Pics will be posted soon, as it's still finishing printing as I sit here at my computer.

Interest List

1. vbarcier

2. Ceebrupt

3. Generalurko

4. dmccue

5. Gee2

6. mrwax

7. aeseven7

8. Movie Magic

9. TomVDJ

10. Treeman

11. ahoudini

12. wraithride

13. blastoplex

14. Lrp4209

15. Alltalk

16. doriang

17. Bruce Wayne

18. MTB

19. KamenOtaku

20. DracoAdamantus

21. Estel_MM

22. Knightmare

23. greatpretender

24. ImLikeSid

25. Hawkwind

26. Mpops89

27. strategicgfy

Possible options:

(1) STL files and 10 springs (only eight are necessary) should be $50.
(2) Kit printed in resin with 10 springs. Price should be $150.
(3) Possibly a second type of kit in FDM printed Metallic looking PLA. If it ends up being offered, also $150.
(4) Finished resin, painted, and assembled will be $180.
(5) Possible Bronze Key ($1000 too much to be practical)

****** Free USA shipping. $15 for International shipping.

Final interest list (please specify 1 through 5 option)

1. trammell (option 1)​

2. TomVDJ (option 4)​

3. KamenOtaku (option 1)​

4. MTB (1 and 2(?))​

5. blastoplex (option 4)​

6. Ceebrupt (option 2)​

7. dmccue (option 4)​

8. Mechanized (option 4 or maybe 5)​

9. aeseven7 (option 4 or 5)​

10. ahoudini (option 4 or 5)​

11. Mpops89 (option 4 or 5)​

12. Lrp4209 (option 1)​

13. Knightmare (4 or 5)​

14. vbarcier (4 or 5)​

15. BrundelFly (option 1)​

16. Sean Hebein (option 4 or 5)​

17. Hawkwind (option 4)​

18. ApostleofColor (option 1)​

19. Bruce Wayne (option 4)​

20. Hawkwind (option 4)​

21. DracoAdamantus (option 1)​

22. zort173 (option 4)​

23. dcast (option 1)​

24. Movie Magic (option 4)​

25. dmccue (option 4)​

26. pmshope (option 1)​

27. doriang (option 4)​

I’m interested in option #2. How do I order?

I am in full production mode!! I have more resin on the way to finish up all the orders!
View attachment 1698734

Here is what I have completed now! Just need resin to show up and I can start printing again! I'm sanding them a bit too so they will fit together nicely. More sanding may be required when you assemble them.
Looks great! Really glad to see everything coming along! For those of us with Option 1, the STLs, can we get your print settings for the final versions?

Looks great! Really glad to see everything coming along! For those of us with Option 1, the STLs, can we get your print settings for the final versions?
Agreed looks great, I was also curious for the Option 1 individuals. When might you be sending those to the people that chose that option? I sent payment back in Feb. ( post 204) Paypal transaction id was 3YW892681K616530N. Just don't want to get lost in the mix. So excited to get started on the project. Thank you again.

Yep. Thanks for the early adopters. I'll be spending today actually making the rest of the rods for the kits and keys. A rod goes through each flap and rests on two posts. I bought long pieces of rod and have to cut them to smaller pieces.
An additional note: the very top of the Scarab post rests on the bottom of the master flap to hold it in place. Don't sand the point where they connect. This will make the flaps too loose.

** master flap is the one with the octagon at the end.

20230508_160318.jpg

Okay. Here is the final version of the Key accessory kit. It goes to each buyer regardless of which option you purchase.

It includes 8 brass rods. (8 required)
It includes 9 springs. (8 required)
Accessory kit will be mailed to the address associated with the PayPal account.
POST #1 has been updated with members that have paid. (Please check and confirm if you've paid to make sure it's marked)
Accessory kits will go out tomorrow for people that have paid. Files will be sent for people that chose option 1.

Last edited:
Okay, I went to PayPal to send out the accessory kits and did not send out very many kits.
Many of you sent PayPal as "friends and family" which does not give me your address.
Some sent without giving me your RPF name, so I can't mark you off as sent.
If you chose option 1 and you know you sent as "friends and family" please respond here with your address in PM.

Thanks, guys for updating with mailing address. :)
Will you be sending instructions on how to mount the springs in the model, or perhaps post some pictures when you get to that point? Currently printing the files, so excited to see how this comes together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back