The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

I think I may have just made an astounding discovery...
The first shot is showing the ESB Stunt A saber listed on page 15 of the Complete Lightsaber Prop Guide from Wannawanga.com by SethS
The second shot is borrowed from the Star Wars Lightsaber Prop Reference by Jhowe1997
Obviously, the second metal layer is narrower on the ESB stunt, and the leather strip and shorter card belong to the TROS Skywalker, but the similarities are undeniable. Please comment. Thanks!!!
ESB stunt A lrg arrow.jpg
TROS reforged Graflex 02 arrow.jpg

I think I may have just made an astounding discovery...
The first shot is showing the ESB Stunt A saber listed on page 15 of the Complete Lightsaber Prop Guide from Wannawanga.com by SethS
The second shot is borrowed from the Star Wars Lightsaber Prop Reference by Jhowe1997
Obviously, the second metal layer is narrower on the ESB stunt, and the leather strip and shorter card belong to the TROS Skywalker, but the similarities are undeniable. Please comment. Thanks!!!
View attachment 1588752 View attachment 1588753
Actually disregard, it looks like Drew Baker beat me to the punch by a few years, lmao. I'll be sure to scan threads in the future

Yea, understanding the time period really helps distinguish research! The first was made some time around 1979, and the rivets were definitely for structural purposes.

The broken graflex, made recently, doesn’t have much to do with the old stunt saber. They COULD have taken design reference but I doubt it, they barely used reference of the hero hilts. Metal fasteners… rivets are sometimes the cleanest solution

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back