Thor's Mjolnir finished and on Display base Post 42-- New Resin ones also

Re: Display for new Mjolnir

By the way, how much does that head weigh? I bet it's rather heavy!
Surprisingly enough it only weighs about 13 lbs total but because of the way the handle counterweight is the thing feels like about 30. Last year at the Arnold all the weightlifters and Strongmen guessed anywhere from 20-50 lbs. Cracked me up when I told them the actual weight.

I may be starting an interest thread in the JY soon for these, but be forewarned, due to material cost and extended machining time for all the details, the price is not for the faint of heart. Im going to try and keep it as low as I can for everyone.

I am ESTIMATING the cost to be between $700-1000. I know that is steep but I dont have control over some of the costs. Just to get the material and machining is almost 500 my cost for this first one and that is not even including the handle or any other work done to it.
I am working on pricing for more than one tho. The main thing is the multiple set up involved during machining. We are working on a solution for that also.

Stay tuned.
Will know for sure when it is completed.

Last edited:

Surprisingly enough it only weighs about 13 lbs total but because of the way the handle counterweight is the thing feels like about 30. Last year at the Arnold all the weightlifters and Strongmen guessed anywhere from 20-50 lbs. Cracked me up when I told them the actual weight.

Yeah, holding these hammers by the handle can put some stain on the wrist. Keep up the great work bro!!!

Ok--here is the link to the head that is done-- just some minor cleanup left here and on to the handle. Gotta have this ready for next week!!!!
Mjolnir

Last edited:

The head looks GREAT!! Could you give us the measurements? It was hard to see some of them on the video. Really looking forward to see how the handle come out.

re: Display for new Thor Mjolnir new pics and youtube

Ok--here is the finished product. I may end up changing out the handle later, but for now it works well. There is actual leather wrapped in between the metal on the handle.

I will be tweaking the metal so it more closely conforms to the movie as well as the leather color on the next one.

Im getting pricing together for all the version that I will be able to offer.
After the Arnold is over then I will start either an INT or FS in the JY

3 different styles of Mjolnir post #35

Here are the 3 versions I have so far.

The one with the brass plate and rivets can be done without those features on it, I did this one for myself. It is the first type I did

The second one I changed up the design a little bit and added some lightening and distressing to it.

The third one is my rendition of the movie version. Its not completely screen accurate, but its the first go round with it. I plan on doing a couple more and tweaking some of the details on it.

They are in order in the pic with the three but reversed with the individual pics

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Re: 3 different styles of Mjolnir post #35

The 2 newer versions weigh in at 19.4 lbs and the smaller one is 13.4 lbs. Amazing how a little more material increases the weight huh?

Im going to ask Arnold to autograph the movie version when I see him next week.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back