Thor's Mjolnir finished and on Display base Post 42-- New Resin ones also

Re: 3 different styles of Mjolnir post #35

Well, here is the movie version on the base. It is all packed up and ready to head to Columbus next week for display at the Arnold. This one will be signed by Arnie.

After I return there will be a JY listing going.

Re: Mjolnir finished and on Display base Post 42

Awesome. I will be at the Arnold Expo. I'll definitely check this out!

Re: Mjolnir finished and on Display base Post 42

Here is a resin one that I did today-- It contains real aluminum powder. There was some ripples on one face in the mold, but I can live with it as it kind of makes it look used. With the rubber cost I am not sure I want to make another one just yet until I see if I can sell a few of these.

There are some minor seam lines that can be sanded out, but honestly, I am going to give this the used and weathered look anyway so these small defects dont bother me and can be worked into the final effect
I know some out there are perfectionist and disagree--But everyone has their own opinion.

This weighs in about 4.8 lbs with no handle and it is only about 2/3 solid but you cant really tell.
I will make the next one a bit heavier also. I will be using solid wood handles and real leather.

I have to determine cost and interest and may put these up in the JY soon.
So lets hear it all.

UPDATE-- I figured out how to fix the face that has the wrinkles-- pics coming soon. Fix shown-- didnt turn out exactly as I wanted, but with a bit of weathering and battle scarring it will look fine.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back