TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

Here we have Dann 's V7 control box, mostly sanded and ready for paint. The radius is spot on. Very pleased with this so far, and very grateful to you, Dann, for sharing this file.
58571020_2157879750994530_6393031869176217600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.jpg

Also, the red lights came! Now all I need is gaffer tape and T-track and I can start in earnest.
57446522_2157883527660819_2755465272662949888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-2.jpg

(Man, this is a lot of effort for a prop I swore I wouldn't get involved with.)

I took an alternative route regarding the large “Arrow Stickers”...

I worried that the stickers for the large arrows may not be permanent, over the years, and that painting the arrows would only lead to chipping. So, seeking a more permanent approach I used the portions of the sticker sheet surrounding the arrow stickers to create a stencil of the arrows. After cutting out the stencil, I pressed it down into position on the flash, brushed on layers of aluminum black, and pulled the stencil—perfect arrows!

I then weathered the new aluminum black arrows with extra fine steel wool, to align with my more weathered “V2” version for the hilt.

These arrows are tough as nails:

296E6BCC-2759-4297-B3B6-4B1F3D226755.jpeg

EA5752F0-3AE1-4C40-9CB8-1142E9724122.jpeg

Last edited:
I went ahead and used the kit-supplied light.

To keep the light from being “lopped off” at some point, I used my drill press to drill out a mounting hole in the flash and JB Welded the light into the flash body:

9319D7CB-BD8B-477F-9FA6-021D42CC0688.jpeg

Last edited:
What about you, buddy? Any progress on the tongue research? I know we've all been enamored with the new Maul hilt run, but it's time to mosey on back to the land of Jefferson Starship and Art Carney, methinks.

What about you, buddy? Any progress on the tongue research? I know we've all been enamored with the new Maul hilt run, but it's time to mosey on back to the land of Jefferson Starship and Art Carney, methinks.

I haven’t had a single minute to myself. It’s been raining non stop here. 21 days in April were rain

I’m pushing to get my nieces birthday gift done, I’ve only got 2 weeks left...

I got 1 more v2 to finish up then I’m back on the Holiday Special

I went ahead and used the kit-supplied light.

To keep the light from being “lopped off” at some point, I used my drill press to drill out a mounting hole in the flash and JB Welded the light into the flash body:

View attachment 1015351

Looks good!

When my lights came in I briefly considered wiring this and installing batteries. ...Put a spring in the control box, drill some holes to mount it and make a real switch out of the thing... A couple wires, some way to mount batteries... Drill a large hole to accommodate the stem on the light...
Then I decided that was all way too much effort for a very minor gag on a very minor prop. (Maybe next time.....)

Looks good!

When my lights came in I briefly considered wiring this and installing batteries. ...Put a spring in the control box, drill some holes to mount it and make a real switch out of the thing... A couple wires, some way to mount batteries... Drill a large hole to accommodate the stem on the light...
Then I decided that was all way too much effort for a very minor gag on a very minor prop. (Maybe next time.....)

I actually drilled and tapped for the fat stem on the light, just in case one day I DO decide to do this!

You can kinda see the hole in this pic.
0421191901.jpg

My Wannawanga T-track just came in the mail. Very exciting. So what length are people going with for their grips? The stock 4 inches seems a little long. I’m leaning towards the ANH 3 5/8” length. Thanks for any thoughts.

My Wannawanga T-track just came in the mail. Very exciting. So what length are people going with for their grips? The stock 4 inches seems a little long. I’m leaning towards the ANH 3 5/8” length. Thanks for any thoughts.

Correct 3-5/8 is the length of the korbanth track

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back