TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

I can see the locking knob here

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

Here is the profile they sanded

IMG_9025.jpg

I’ve taken 3 or 4 of these apart now, one of the rings was actually broke at that point so I couldn’t bend it like in my video. I glued it in. I wonder if others broke.. I don’t see why they flipped it though.. odd..

Finally got a chance to paint and install the knob. I covered the screw holding the control box onto the flash with a piece of black gaffer tape, then glued the knob to the tape. That way, if a better knob comes along, this one will be very easy to remove.

Still waiting to received my red dome light, and then this build will essentially be complete, pending the outcome of the tongue research.

FF9DB4AF-0DC9-43B9-8BE5-FA2FAFEF3452.jpeg

Yeah, I like the straight knurls.

Danny, yours has straight knurls too, right?

It looks like a giant version of the Kaligar lens focus adjustment knob!

Mine is, of course, a full-round knob. I could have sanded it down, but I wanted it to stand slightly proud of the switch hole. And the horizontal knurling would make sense for a circuit breaker switch or whatever the found part was.

The only downsides are that it's painted brass instead of aluminum, and it doesn't slide. I could have rigged it to slide, I suppose, but this junky prop ain't worth that level of work!

58670496_2147002102082295_3506351329826045952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fbed1-1.jpg

Did this work better? In case you couldn't see the mock-up pic before, the control box looks just like Dann's, but without the rest of the lightsaber attached.

I decided to go the “V2 route” and give mine a more battle-worn appearance of having defended the honor and chastity of Bea Arthur and many a Life Day Celebration. This also gives the overall hilt—specifically the newly formed shroud in relation to the flash—an overall uniform history and appearance vs. looking like what it is (a newly formed aluminum detail added to the flash body).

I’m almost done...

DF6F25FD-66A8-47D3-9DF4-9E860BEF62BB.jpeg

2CFE3A19-AC45-4733-A36D-B701E10061CE.jpeg

2BFA5B27-A9C6-448F-8964-7021889A058E.jpeg

Last edited:
I decided to go the “V2 route” and give mine a more battle-worn appearance of having defended the honor and chastity of Bea Arthur and many a Life Day Celebration. This also gives the overall hilt—specifically the newly formed shroud in relation to the flash—an overall uniform history and appearance vs. looking like what it is (a newly formed aluminum detail added to the flash body).

I’m almost done...

View attachment 1012614
View attachment 1012615
View attachment 1012643

You know me I like that weathering!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back