TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

Im sure it was addressed but was the lettering taken off or are the reference pictures too low res?

Strangely enough, my Graflite has neither “Graflex” nor “Graflite” branding on it, other than on the end cap. Apparently these versions are out there?

A634E771-69A3-403C-961B-22233C33A108.jpeg

80FC56E0-9EDE-4088-AC00-5B468E25DDF0.jpeg

Yeah the more attention these things (unnecessarily) get LOL the more we learn. It does appear there are several variants and there's not enough reference at this point to know for sure.
The "GRAFLITE" versions at least appear to have painted letters that can be removed. The initial thought was that it was a GRAFLEX because you couldn't see GRAFLITE across the middle and the graflex logo is further down and covered by the tracks. But it very well could have been a GRAFLITE version with painted letters that were stripped off. And now there's this other variant that doesn't say anything. HAHA.
The text around the ports seem to have all been removed so I'm definitely leaning more towards a non-Graflex variant. It's all so confusing and it's all for a prop nobody cares about! lol

Some timely progress thanks to watching the video and mail being early today. Thanks halliwax and Trooper_trent!

Still a little sanding left to do to get rid of the threading lip that is ever so slightly present due to using the hacksaw and not wanting to get too close to the tube itself.

*edit
Actually guys, the threading is an insert! Might be a way to pull it out if you loosen whatever adhesive there is. Only downside of accomplishing that would be that the bottom cap from the kit wouldn’t fit anymore. Stick with the cutting. It was quick and easy.

Attachments

• A0C6E0D4-4A18-41C4-8592-A4E7D726F416.jpeg
    A0C6E0D4-4A18-41C4-8592-A4E7D726F416.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
  • D72A31ED-16E4-4DB0-95A9-B3585AD40D2E.jpeg
    D72A31ED-16E4-4DB0-95A9-B3585AD40D2E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 263
  • 731F1D52-08ED-4ECE-9FB9-F97C5C77782D.jpeg
    731F1D52-08ED-4ECE-9FB9-F97C5C77782D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Some timely progress thanks to watching the video and mail being early today. Thanks halliwax and Trooper_trent!

Still a little sanding left to do to get rid of the threading lip that is ever so slightly present due to using the hacksaw and not wanting to get too close to the tube itself.

*edit
Actually guys, the threading is an insert! Might be a way to pull it out if you loosen whatever adhesive there is. Only downside of accomplishing that would be that the bottom cap from the kit wouldn’t fit anymore. Stick with the cutting. It was quick and easy.
Weird!
Mine is definitely NOT an insert. Yet another variation!

It didn’t look like one until after I cut it. Then I could see the seem. Open it up and see if there is a thick lip that then leads to the cardboard tube. Both of my Graflex versions with the end cap with holes are like this.

Attachments

• 70F709E8-DEFA-48B2-BB3C-8247AD4976DB.jpeg
    70F709E8-DEFA-48B2-BB3C-8247AD4976DB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
  • 8951FDD7-699C-4DD1-8A51-C531700D17CE.jpeg
    8951FDD7-699C-4DD1-8A51-C531700D17CE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
Im sure it was addressed but was the lettering taken off or are the reference pictures too low res?

You know I ran across this problem when making the video and left it out.. I put acetone on the letters and it didn’t phase them at all

I strongly believe they used graflites

You can’t see any remnants of lettering

At first I was sold for them being graflex’s but not being able to remove the black letters now has me thinking the black is anodized on...

You know I ran across this problem when making the video and left it out.. I put acetone on the letters and it didn’t phase them at all

At first I was sold for them being graflex’s but not being able to remove the black letters now has me thinking the black is anodized on...
Did you try hexane, methylene chloride, or another stronger organic solvent? I've used those too dissolve some tough paint before.

Did you try hexane, methylene chloride, or another stronger organic solvent? I've used those too dissolve some tough paint before.

Never heard of them? Can you get that at Lowe’s/Home Depot?

I was gonna try some paint stripper.. or using some oven clean

Just didn’t have enough time

I don’t believe the letters are stamped but I could be wrong

Edit

After seeing yours, mine definitely isn't stamped. Mine also "catalog No. 2773" but is missing the writing just above the red button assembly.
2547DEC7-EB3D-475E-845F-F4B76FBEF4E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Lucky lightsaber

Anyway - I have the stamped GRAFLITE version with no words above the red button - and yes, now that I look at it, the threading is a separate piece! I wonder if the endcap cut-off theory works better with this threaded sleeve removed...

Wait a minute I’m confused... your graflite has a threaded end that can come out?!

So it sounds like there’s graflites with stamped wording and with out... damn...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back