Suggestion Tutorial Forum

Re: Any great tutorial threads?

@CB2001 I would agree, but many threads assume you know how to make casts and such, as is the case like when I mentioned, I have no idea what that red material is people always put on their casts. It's something everyone does, but no one explains. So those threads don't help me learn their process.

I know. A while ago, I made a suggestion about a tutorial thread and the reply I have here is the response I got.

Last edited by a moderator:

There was a thread somewhere (in Support maybe?) about this. Sort of a list of links to build threads that work to help with more newbie people and stuff. But I think it was determined to be too hard to upkeep or something? I'd have to go find it.

I've never put anything red on my casts, and I don't recall seeing it either.

Like was mentioned there aren't very many tutorial type threads, though many build threads have a lot of useful info. Making a thread with links to all of these would be a nightmare to keep track of, you'd be linking to half of the forum.

What's needed is to start a tutorial section, assuming anyone would contribute to it. There was a very good molding and casting tutorial thread just last week in the props forum.

Members have been asking for a tutorial section for years but for some odd reason staff will not make it. It would it cut down on questions/support, and it would most likely encourage new members to join as well.

Last edited:
A wiki is STILL the best answer for this, but we would need a TEAM of dedicated members willing to work on this. Without that, I just don't see it happening.

Even if we JUST created a tutorials forum, it would need to be a heavily moderated forum with a dedicated forum leader... someone to champion those type of threads and work to have tutorials created as opposed to build threads that have helpful content in them.

If someone wants to step up...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back