Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Ok so lists have been scrubbed as best as I've been able. Please take a look to see if you are reflected accurately. No need to confirm if things look good, please only respond if you are NOT reflected correctly on the list. There are two seperate lists (one for main copper and one for rose gold), if you are getting one of each, your name should be in both places.

I believe I've captured everyone who's dropped off also, please just let me know if I missed anyone.

Also note, this is NOT the final form of signing up.. we have yet to determine how purchase will occur when its time to order, this will most likely be through a private advanced purchase link in advance of the rest of the world being able to order (like Facebook, etc.). As we determine how to handle this we'll advise.

Regards,
Adam

Same goes for me too. If the Rose Gold numbers are being increased I’d be interested in amending my interest to that over the copper, but would depend on final pricing.
As you scrub the lists, I just want to point out what I said back in post #722, which I have quoted below. Depends on final pricing though.
Ok so lists have been scrubbed as best as I've been able. Please take a look to see if you are reflected accurately. No need to confirm if things look good, please only respond if you are NOT reflected correctly on the list. There are two seperate lists (one for main copper and one for rose gold), if you are getting one of each, your name should be in both places.

I believe I've captured everyone who's dropped off also, please just let me know if I missed anyone.

Also note, this is NOT the final form of signing up.. we have yet to determine how purchase will occur when its time to order, this will most likely be through a private advanced purchase link in advance of the rest of the world being able to order (like Facebook, etc.). As we determine how to handle this we'll advise.

Regards,
Adam

Hi Adam,

You still have me on the plain copper list, but I’ve said above that I prefer the rose gold version if the price is not prohibitive for me. Thanks.

Also the Devil has been in the details and we think we finally are happy with the windvane internals also. This has been one of the most challenging parts of the design (to be honest the windvane internals and the switch box have been the hardest two parts to get right on this design).

How do you guys think we've done?

3ED21F45-A072-4D89-8F66-36146A4E6AF7.jpeg
B01021BF-BAA1-4719-AA8F-F6B4877C9E84.jpeg

Also the Devil has been in the details and we think we finally are happy with the windvane internals also. This has been one of the most challenging parts of the design (to be honest the windvane internals and the switch box have been the hardest two parts to get right on this design).

That's incredible! You're incredible!

View attachment 1627974View attachment 1627975
I havent checked in in a while so I just caught this update. That's very cool, you're replicating detail I'm not even aware of!

All,

Just a quick update: The machining spec package has been sent to our U.K. machinist for evaluation and prototyping. Should have pics of real metal here relatively soon!

Will get the last couple interested folks added here soon and provide details as we get stuff back from machinist.

This may take more than one prototype to get right as this has a LOT of parts (considering all the real copper sleeving), so we will keep you guys posted as we get stuff back.

Last edited:
All,

Just a quick update: The machining spec package has been sent to our U.K. machinist for evaluation and prototyping. Should have pics of real metal here relatively soon!

Will get the last couple interested folks added here soon and provide details as we get stuff back from machinist.

This may take more than one prototype to get right as this has a LOT of parts (considering all the real copper sleeving), so we will keep you guys posted as we get stuff back.

Well, I don't relish this update.

Unfortunately the UK Machinist has been struggling to work with with us in the original capacity agreed upon.

7Chambers has decided it's in his best interest to dissolve the partnership with the machinist and step away from using the company.

In short, the machinist (despite doing lovely work)...

...has communicated that their cost to manufacture any of 7Chambers product would be nearly (if not more than) doubled for future projects.
- The arrangement was agreed on to keep yield high and production cost down. Inflation seems only part of the factor here.

...has 'slowed down' production as a result of prioritizing their typical industry work in front of our runs.
- The arrangement was that saber runs would be prioritized and machined in a timely fashion to limit machine downtime and ensure customer demand was met.

It seems that a good thing for all of us has turned into a nightmare for 7Chambers and in turn has made it very difficult to anticipate pricing or lead times.

So, 7Chambers is moving back into the old shop-space and will be returning to foreign machining. I personally (I think we all) groan at this idea, but the reality is:
- The lead times are a huge factor
- The cost to produce things that are affordable are paramount to make these runs viable for the producers as well as the customers.

Unfortunately another aspect of this choice IS the Leia prototype.
Upon review of the model- although it is machinable the UK machinist basically told us "we can't do it" due partially to the lack of necessary tooling, but I frankly get the sense that they may just not 'want to' now.

Unrelated to this thread... they ARE beholden to completion of TheV2 hilt. So along with the recent batch of MoM this appears will be the last we use them.

BACK TO LEIA:
It is out for quote and prototype analysis elsewhere.

So that’s why my order of the Aniflex is taking so long. I ordered it back in July. The last update I got was in November that it was about to be plated. Then heard nothing since. I understand now.

Also, still extremely excited for Leia’s saber. Can’t wait to see wait it looks like.

Last edited:
I may be too late, but if it's still possible I'd like to be added to the list for the main copper run, or take any spots that open up!

EDIT: Some recent life changes mean I wouldn't be able to fulfill the expense, so I have to rescind my interest. Really looking forward to the final result of this project though. I can tell it'll be special!

Last edited:
Hey I've asked twice before and still don't see myself on the list. I'd be interested in the main copper hilt. Really looking forward to seeing the final product.

Hey I've asked twice before and still don't see myself on the list. I'd be interested in the main copper hilt. Really looking forward to seeing the final product.
Don't worry. I'll do a scrub of additional folks and such with the next update. We're in the process of working out the prototype and once we have some goodies to show I'll make sure everyone is updated and I will also gather up folks who want to get added to the list! ☺️

Don't worry. I'll do a scrub of additional folks and such with the next update. We're in the process of working out the prototype and once we have some goodies to show I'll make sure everyone is updated and I will also gather up folks who want to get added to the list! ☺️
Thank you really love the MoM, super exited to get a Leia of the same high standard :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back