Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

If it’s still possible, be me down on both lists. I’m used to mech key buys. Waiting is easy. I just want a nice leia hilt (or a few…) Almost wanna but an extra 3rd one to build my niece, but she wouldn’t care how accurate it is lol

How is the quoting process going? Able to find anywhere with reasonable pricing?

With the recent events of the machinist in the UK we are evaluating factories for this. Once I have an update I will absolutely share! We may use TXQ's factory and we may find another factory. Originally this had been out for quote and then 7C underwent their issue with the UK factory. This run is still happening but we have to evaluate who will be doing it.

… that said. Leia comes after checks and verifications are followed / along with a *successfully* executed run to verify our relationship with TXQ. The windvane and control button bezel are particularly nuanced but frankly every element of Leia has some nuance that has to he adhered to. It really... Well and truly *has* to be right the first time

… that said. Leia comes after checks and verifications are followed / along with a *successfully* executed run to verify our relationship with TXQ. The windvane and control button bezel are particularly nuanced but frankly every element of Leia has some nuance that has to he adhered to. It really... Well and truly *has* to be right the first time
We're here for you when you're ready!

I'm coming in late to all this Leia saber discussion and still trying to wrap my head around who makes and sells what – if I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, TXQ will be involved in manufacturing/selling these? How does that relate to the Leia saber they already have on their site? Or am I totally misunderstanding?

I'm coming in late to all this Leia saber discussion and still trying to wrap my head around who makes and sells what – if I'm understanding the recent posts correctly, TXQ will be involved in manufacturing/selling these? How does that relate to the Leia saber they already have on their site? Or am I totally misunderstanding?

TXQ is a machine shop and a distributor of their own designs (And some collabs with AnakinStarkiller). Their own Leia is still an in house design and is unrelated to this, I’m pretty sure they haven’t even started discussing this hilt with TXQ as they are busy with the Luke ones.

As far as I’m aware, these will be machined by TXQ (MoM, V2 and Princess) but sold by 7C. They will likely also be more expensive as TXQ stuff is generally simplified for costs and efficiency. Unless TXQ decides to be sketchy, I am under the impression they will not be selling these hilts directly like they do with the starkiller designed BoBF Luke (and 1-2 others I think).

TXQ itself actually posts updates on some of this stuff on Facebook.

Pretty sure 7C got overwhelmed dealing with the drama with the UK shop and thus is focused on getting the MoMs and then V2 shipping again because I’m sure he needs the cash flow after being forced to buy back his own business from the evil UK machine shop.

TXQ itself from everything I’ve seen has been very willing to work with them on the designs and how they are machined (cutting the pommels up and down to give them the sharp edges for example) and providing more feedback than he was getting while sitting in the UK shop. They also seem more capable of working with other materials at reasonable prices than the UK shop was (UK shop had stopped using 7075 and switched to cheaper softer materials because of costs, but TXQ is able to use 7075 for the v2, etc).

I’m honestly sad I cancelled my v2 after I found out they would in fact use 7075, as it was the limbo AND the change of materials plus the inability to order a second crystal chamber that made me hesitate. Then a few days later TXQ responded to them like “sure we can do 7075“ (it was already on the invoice). There are some parts still made of other materials for weathering reasons, but by all accounts it seems like they may well end up being nicer than the UK ones were. Their BoBF hilt is fantastic for its price, and the new version looks even more accurate and doesn’t have the annoying grey coloring or bad weathering too based on feedback.

I’d just say be patient. As far as I can tell they fully intend to continue with the production of these hilts, but 7C is trying to get his head back above water first after the UK shop shafted him super hard.

Not much to update on Leia at the moment besides progress in the long haul:

TXQ is ramping up and about to send over their run of MoM.

V2 to follow.

Leia to then follow those commitments.

Apologies for the lack of progress here- as the UK Machinist *did not* and seems they will not follow through on their commitments, it's forced us/ 7Chambers into the long route of correcting that particular fiasco.

All interested is still noted- I'll ping Verity Cosplay to make recent list adjustments.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back