Interest Veracity Labs - THE V2 FX Build (DIY Kit)

Yeah, I ordered a Aniflex and am still waiting. The wait really isn't the issue, it's the lack of information and feeling you're getting the runaround or ignored completely. There is just such a lack of concrete information. It seems like you probably have to hound the guy to get the thing or else someone else will.

I wanted to get the MOM once the CC was available and then the V2 as well, but unless something drastically changes, I can't see that happening now. Honestly just a little more reliable information or responding to emails and the experience would be a lot better.

I've been waiting and asking about some smaller items for almost a year now. The biggest issue that irks me about 7C, is that promises and statements aren't followed through. That's just not how to do business. I've been very patient and understanding, but the issues seem to be getting worse. Hounding 7C doesn't really work anymore. And even a big call-out post in one of the FB groups wasn't enough to prompt them to change. So I find my frustration increasing with every month. It won't be enough to ask for a refund from the V2 run, but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for future runs. It just can't continue like this.

Also, still no word about the Gen 2 helper boards after a week...

Hey folks.

As a lot of you know, I sold a large portion of the company to the UK machinist we were using in an effort to push the company forward, and avoid China altogether. That was not a decision I made lightly, as this is my lifes work. Unfortunately it seems to be causing additional complications, as there's now more decision makers in the business, and factors that I no longer have control or authority over. I have decided to close throughout February so I can make sure everything is complete and up to date, whether it's helpers or hilts, as within the past 18 months the business has had over 3000 orders.

After February, the business will be moving to a ready to ship business model, and it is highly likely that I will be taking 7Chambers back into my complete control, and moving to full turnkey production in China again. There will be another newsletter that goes out, once the future has been decided. Everyone that ordered through the website should be receiving the monthly newsletter/production update, so do triple check your spam folders.

There will also be a new main man at the business, who will reveal himself in due course, who will be running the day to day store, emails, and social media. He is very experienced in administration, and he has been collecting sabers for some time now. I will still be here, but going back to working closely with Bryan and Adam on designs.

Last edited:
Hey folks.

As a lot of you know, I sold a large portion of the company to the UK machinist we were using in an effort to push the company forward, and avoid China altogether. That was not a decision I made lightly, as this is my lifes work. Unfortunately it seems to be causing additional complications, as there's now more decision makers in the business, and factors that I no longer have control or authority over. I have decided to close throughout February so I can make sure everything is complete and up to date, whether it's helpers or hilts, as within the past 18 months the business has had over 3000 orders.

After February, the business will be moving to a ready to ship business model, and it is highly likely that I will be taking 7Chambers back into my complete control, and moving to full turnkey production in China again. There will be another newsletter that goes out, once the future has been decided. Everyone that ordered through the website should be receiving the monthly newsletter/production update, so do triple check your spam folders.

There will also be a new main man at the business, who will reveal himself in due course, who will be running the day to day store, emails, and social media. He is very experienced in administration, and he has been collecting sabers for some time now. I will still be here, but going back to working closely with Bryan and Adam on designs.
Interesting.

What will that mean going forward on the V2 run?

Will that be completed by the UK machinists/part owners and then production by them ceases completely?

How does their part ownership cause issues with communication that many have had with 7Chambers? Have they been actively hindering accurate updates and the shipping of items? Is it them telling customers that orders have shipped when they haven’t?

Genuine questions.

Sorry to hear that the partnership which was supposed to help your business improve has actually done the opposite. I hope that you are able to get everything squared away and back into your control as you deem necessary.

I have a V2 and crystal chamber on PO, but I'm not too worried as to the timeline at the moment as I know most of you have been waiting a lot longer than I have. I do hope you are able to get the POs out and up to date in a timely fashion so that you can move forward with other projects.

I don’t want to keep repeating what I’ve already communicated to you guys. I repost your queries to Lewis as often as I get them.

Off topic: I can not comment on Aniflex as I’m not involved with any of that.
Off topic:
Apparently we need more pcb helpers and reveal boards for the MOM. It sounds like we need to line up new vendors there… so now I’m going to try and chase that down and see why we’ve been ghosted.

The current mom batch and V2 (mid full production) seems to be the last components Lewis can produce with the UK machinist.
He explained to me the partnership with the company would require (nearly double) the current labor costs to produce with the request of the manufacturing facility to cover inflations and the cost of labor merit increases.

That’s means future runs would not just be out of customers price range but his ability to produce goods and keep a living. Unless he triples the price of goods sold the relationship won’t sustain the business.

That’s a far cry from the original conversation/ agreement that was struck which attracted us into this position.

I feel like the past 4 years have been a constant battle to correct worst possible case scenarios that have befallen us.
Still fighting to get you guys what you deserve, expect, and (in this case) paid for.
It will get done.

Last edited:
There is no estimate for shipping them yet since the production has to be rearranged? I would really appreciate a bigger update where we at. It's all a bit confusing right now.

Last edited:
I understand it's been confusing.
V2's machining is still in process-

I apologize it isn't much but it's some progress to be excited for-
We've ordered the clamp card pcbs and Slothfurnace (who was out while needing recovery - - we're happy to have him on the other side and ready to get back into it)... will be working on the vintage soldering in batches.

Otherwise:
7Chambers is actively repacking the shop and working to move back into the brickstore facility again. (It was still available for him)

I gather he's settled up the payment on the run with the machinist.
I'll try and get you guys a better update of where the machining actually rests

I'll copy and paste this from the Leia Thread: more thoughtful wording

Unfortunately the UK Machinist has been struggling to work with with us in the original capacity agreed upon.

7Chambers has decided it's in his best interest to dissolve the partnership with the machinist and step away from using the company.

In short, the machinist (despite doing lovely work)...

...has communicated that their cost to manufacture any of 7Chambers product would be nearly (if not more than) doubled for future projects.
- The arrangement was agreed on to keep yield high and production cost down. Inflation seems only part of the factor here.
...has 'slowed down' production as a result of prioritizing their typical industry work in front of our runs.
- The arrangement was that saber runs would be prioritized and machined in a timely fashion to limit machine downtime and ensure customer demand was met.
It seems that a good thing for all of us has turned into a nightmare for 7Chambers and in turn has made it very difficult to anticipate pricing or lead times.

So, 7Chambers is moving back into the old shop-space and will be returning to foreign machining. I personally (I think we all) groan at this idea, but the reality is:
- The lead times are a huge factor
- The cost to produce things that are affordable are paramount to make these runs viable for the producers as well as the customers.

Unfortunately another aspect of this choice IS the Leia prototype.
Upon review of the model- although it is machinable the UK machinist basically told us "we can't do it" due partially to the lack of necessary tooling, but I frankly get the sense that they may just not 'want to' now.

They ARE beholden to completion of TheV2 hilt. So along with the recent batch of MoM this appears will be the last we use them.

~Bryan

Correct. He doesn’t intend to do do prepaid again just RTS for his future runs.

VanPersie is correct there was a reserve option and full pay option.

Lewis is supposed to get us new V2 pictures with those last updates we implemented along with everything together here in a couple days. (Aka finally “fully assembled”) photos of the final product geometries.

He’s fully out of the machinist’ building now and getting set up in the old space… albeit apparently with a stomach bug.

IMG_1675.jpeg

3rd assembled prototype:
I’m told there should be more to update soon but that’s all I’ve gotten so far.
There are several details I’m very excited to see manifested finally here in metal so I’m smiling again! The way the light plays off of these nuanced parts bodes well. I’ve done some side-by sides but will need to wait for better images.

(7chambers side note: he’s currently says he is focused on finishing out his other outstanding hilt orders)

I’m curious how things are going, though I’m not in a rush for my mom or v2. I know I ordered way late, so I’m not sure where I landed in regard to the current productions.

Thanks guys- recently having more requests for updates trickle in along with these:

I think the MoM Hero thread had the last big update regarding this-

The UK machinist has continued to kick the ball further and further down the field and continues to ask for more time and money.

Lewis can’t say much else but ultimatums were made and the fruit of that interaction will be made public when it runs its course in the next couple months. A *lot* of money and company rights were allocated to this run through these guys so 7Chambers and ourselves are very hurt, and upset, and no longer waiting on them to follow through…

That said-
TXQ (machinist) has been given files along with entirely new funding and we are waiting on their new sample- as such the run will be proceeding as planned with this vendor - pending sample and new updates for you.

Not the update I want, but hopefully the assurance you know this is still going to be done right

Thanks guys- recently having more requests for updates trickle in along with these:

I think the MoM Hero thread had the last big update regarding this-

The UK machinist has continued to kick the ball further and further down the field and continues to ask for more time and money.

Lewis can’t say much else but ultimatums were made and the fruit of that interaction will be made public when it runs its course in the next couple months. A *lot* of money and company rights were allocated to this run through these guys so 7Chambers and ourselves are very hurt, and upset, and no longer waiting on them to follow through…

That said-
TXQ (machinist) has been given files along with entirely new funding and we are waiting on their new sample- as such the run will be proceeding as planned with this vendor - pending sample and new updates for you.

Not the update I want, but hopefully the assurance you know this is still going to be done right
Will TXQ still be producing with 7075 (or was v2 steel and mom 7075)? Or switching to 6000-series? Obviously I much prefer the harder option, but I also know it’s harder to machine and less shops have whats needed or don’t wanna machine that slow. Plus unless it’s hard anodized the difference isn’t as big. Not to mention accurate is accurate, I’ll just baby it until the davep fixed props :p.

Otherwise sounds good to me. I may not like their normal designs with the standard button and charging port, but they seem to have good machining so with good files it doesn’t matter much. Shame the uk machinist is being so ******. Wish there was something we could do to give em a slap/wake up call lol.

I am curious to hear the whole story when the time comes though, as I’d love to know what ******** excuses they are making when it seems like ultimately they either want out of the saber business cause not enough margins or they wanna steal ownership of designs both of which are extra ******.

To comment:
We’ve stepped away from 7075. It is a very easily machined material relative to the landscape of machining materials (tool steel, titanium to reference) and the strongest of all aluminum alloys but its weakness for our purposes proved to be oxidation and random discoloration.
We’ve opted to switch to the heartiest of 6 series: 6082. The most recent moms have utilized this material to great effect.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back