W.I.P. Ultimate Captain America

Hi guys,
So I'm currently working on building an Ultimate version Captain America. I'm basing my costume off of two different designs for their colors, appearance and adding a little custom work.

Apart from having several orders placed and just waiting for that stuff to arrive, I've started some basic and easy pieces like the Belt w/ Pouches and the Boots. Once more pieces arrive, I'll begin putting more and more together until finally being a complete costume :)

So what designs of Ultimate Cap am I basing my costume off? Here are a few reference pics...

Basic costume design I'll be attempting:

I'll be going mostly for this set up here, but with a few alterations and customizations. I'll be using different gloves, a darker blue and a different red on the gloves and boots (see 2nd pic). The cowl will not be attached to the vest, in order to be used with both latex cowl and helmet. The A will also be a custom version. And finally the scales.. that's yet to be determine how I'll attempt those.

CapAmerica1.jpg

Extras: Cowl separation from the vest, custom gloves design, dark blue color of the vest, cowl and pants. And the brick/burgundy color mix on the gloves and boots. There will also be grey under the arms, not blue:

Capt%20Ultmt%201.JPG

Completed pieces: 2/8
* - Belt
* - Boots
- Cowl
- Gloves
* - Shirt
* - Vest
- Pants
* - Shield

Hi, Toune here. I just joined. You are very talented. I am working on a very similar version for a friend of mine. What type of fabric are you using for the shirt, cowl & pants? I can't seem to find the shades of red & blue.

I will be reading on and hope to learn some amazing ways to put costumes together. Thank you.

very curious about those boots.

Where did you manage to find those? I've been looking and was about to break down and pay for custom made boots.

Thanks,

Steve

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back