Watchmen prop/costume pix from tie-in books/ Thursday (and final) Update!--SPOILERS

Re: Watchmen prop/costume pix from Portraits Book/ New Pix 1/15--SPOILERS

<Schlorp. Thlup.>

Fine like this.

p1010516zj7.jpg

Re: Watchmen prop/costume pix from Portraits Book--SPOILERS

It might look "scary" but not proper... the book is quite specific that Rorschach's mask is vinyl.

Latex, actually.
Other than that, everything looks pretty cool. I might end up buying that book.

I don't think Rorschach's mask is physically possible given the way it's described in the book (white and black fluids sandwiched between thin material)... how could the two sides of the design "know" to be symmetrical? :confused

He must have a really symmetrical face?

It was mentioned in another thread about trying to make an actual mask, that the image was symmetrical due to the pressure of mask over the face, which is more or less symmetrical.

Personally, I can't quite see how you breathe through a material that is watertight. But then it's comics and I think we let imagination have a bit of slack.

It was mentioned in another thread about trying to make an actual mask, that the image was symmetrical due to the pressure of mask over the face, which is more or less symmetrical.

Personally, I can't quite see how you breathe through a material that is watertight. But then it's comics and I think we let imagination have a bit of slack.

You've summed it up better than in my brief post.
It's probably not totally impossible given that there are 'breathable' materials around nowadays. I saw some TV show about walking & climbing a few years back, the presenter had some GoreTex socks. He filled one up with hot water and only the steam came through.

I always thought the 'belief suspension' angle of the practicality of Rorschachs mask was provided by the fact that the Material was a new wonder technology only made a realization through the intervention of the super-being known as Dr. Manhatten

New batch for Friday. These are the least ones I'm doing. The rest of the pix are nice but unremarkable.

Hope you've enjoyed 'em.

p1010544ds5.jpg

p1010545uh0.jpg

p1010546fl5.jpg

p1010547eg5.jpg

p1010548fl4.jpg

p1010550ea5.jpg

p1010551ay5.jpg

p1010552qu1.jpg

p1010553fo5.jpg

p1010554sn1.jpg

p1010555fn7.jpg

p1010556jt1.jpg

p1010557rn1.jpg

I didn't know the Monarch from Venture Bros. was in this! :lol

Great pics! I've already got it pre-ordered from Amazon. Thanks for the "advanced screening", bud!

-B89! :D

Re: Watchmen prop/costume pix from Portraits Book/ Friday Update!--SPOILERS

Mothman always was hilarious. Those wings just serve no function at all.
No wonder he turned to the bottle.

Just got in review copies of W: The Film Companion and W: The Art of the Film. More good pix. Too busy now, alas. Will post some samples next week. Nice close-up of the 1911 smiley face grip and same gun with silencer attached, owl ship interior.

Ok, I couldn't resist. Here are a couple to whet your appetites.
p1010569xd0.jpg

p1010566fx6.jpg

man those photos are amazing, ive got to get this.

that raygun in the bottom left there can be seen in the recent featurette about the MinuteMan, being held by the original Owl.

Wow these photos are awesome! Thanks again for posting them Probe Droid :D

Looking at ordering them now but does anyone know if there'd be a major difference between the US and UK versions of the books?
The UK versions look to be released on the 23rd of this month instead of the 10th of next, other than that I can't seem to see any drastic difference between the two (except the UK Portraits book is apparently 256 pages instead of 192)

Thanks for the pics, those are awesome! Disappointed that the beans are not Heinz, but still fine like this.

I need to see more of this. :)
p1010554sn1.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back