Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed something out of whack:

In the Project Runs forum, I get the following message "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"

...I should add that I AM able to reply to existing threads in the Project Runs forum, I just can't start a new thread at the moment.

Today I noticed that members who were banned no longer display banned under their usernames. I did see the ‘Gone but not forgotten” banner, so thought I’d bring it to your attention.

Today I noticed that members who were banned no longer display banned under their usernames. I did see the ‘Gone but not forgotten” banner, so thought I’d bring it to your attention.

We do still have to rework to look of banned members. It is on the punch list.

Why won’t my pictures load and take ages to down load
Please tell me what to do
I’ve clicked on the pic logo
Clicked on upload a file
Added a photo
Loaded 100%
Error not loaded

It’s all sorted now they are loading, it’s fixed itself
And I love the new size pics

Last edited:
do the alerts only stay active for so long? if so can i suggest like a 12/24hr timeline, i use that alert icon to show me new posts on threads im following etc, and if i dont see the notice i move on, ive missed a bunch of information because of disappearing alerts

Hey there:)
I purchased premium membership literally a week or 2 before the host change. It seems that I lost the membership. Can you take a look at it?
All the best
Dino

Hey there:)
I purchased premium membership literally a week or 2 before the host change. It seems that I lost the membership. Can you take a look at it?
All the best
Dino

Will get you squared away today! Sorry for the inconvenience.

do the alerts only stay active for so long? if so can i suggest like a 12/24hr timeline, i use that alert icon to show me new posts on threads im following etc, and if i dont see the notice i move on, ive missed a bunch of information because of disappearing alerts

This is a "can't please all the people all the time" issue. Earlier in this thread, someone was complaining about Alerts lasting too long! Unviewed alerts should be retained indefinitely. Viewed alters are retained for 7 days in your alerts list. Viewed alerts are retained for 4 hours in your Alters popup.

One thing I miss on this forum (and all forums I'm on that have switched to XenForo) is the ease of marking a forum as 'Read'.
You now click on 'Mark Forums Read' (which takes an extra step to even find on mobile...) and a popup appears asking you to confirm you meant to press that, and asking if I want to mark this sub forum, or the entire forum as read.

Just curious, even if you guys don't want to do it, is there a way to make it a simple 'clicked and it's done, for the sub-forum I'm viewing' like the old forum software? Seems weird that XenForo made this simple, and heavily used task, so much more complicated...

Also, when on the main forum screen, double-clicking the little icons next to a sub forum used to mark it as 'Read'. Is there a way to do that in XenForo? (Again, even if you don't want to on the RPF, that I understand, just curious if it's even an option to set that up like other forum software...)

Fortunately I've gotten used to it due to other forums switching over, so I can live with it... :)

One thing I miss on this forum (and all forums I'm on that have switched to XenForo) is the ease of marking a forum as 'Read'.
You now click on 'Mark Forums Read' (which takes an extra step to even find on mobile...) and a popup appears asking you to confirm you meant to press that, and asking if I want to mark this sub forum, or the entire forum as read.

Just curious, even if you guys don't want to do it, is there a way to make it a simple 'clicked and it's done, for the sub-forum I'm viewing' like the old forum software? Seems weird that XenForo made this simple, and heavily used task, so much more complicated...

Also, when on the main forum screen, double-clicking the little icons next to a sub forum used to mark it as 'Read'. Is there a way to do that in XenForo? (Again, even if you don't want to on the RPF, that I understand, just curious if it's even an option to set that up like other forum software...)

Fortunately I've gotten used to it due to other forums switching over, so I can live with it... :)

There is a way to add the double-click to mark forums read... but not in this version of the software. We are actually one version behind on the software. Now that we are almost entirely done with the change over, we are testing for the next upgrade and once that is complete, we can potentially add that functionality in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back