[WIP]Crysis 2/3 Nanosuit: Unfolded files page 6

Re: [WIP]Crysis 2/3 Nanosuit: Papercraft+clay+latex.. Pics inside

For the most part and to be on the safe side yes, a petroleum based release is what you should use. This can be just petroleum jelly (aka vaselene) or anything similar.

For the most part and to be on the safe side yes, a petroleum based release is what you should use. This can be just petroleum jelly (aka vaselene) or anything similar.

Thx for the help o/

I will try very hard to make this costume a great piece of work

(this time I wrote without the google translator... correct me if you want.. plz)

Thx for the help o/

I will try very hard to make this costume a great piece of work

(this time I wrote without the google translator... correct me if you want.. plz)

You're very welcome. :)

Goodluck with the project, I'm sure you'll have a great suit!

You typed correctly without translator. Sometimes the translator is the weak point in a conversation online but seems that you almost don't need it anyways :D

Re: [WIP]Crysis 2/3 Nanosuit: Papercraft+sculpt+latex.. Pics inside

I've made 2 videos ulfolding and arranging the pieces of the suit's arm:

[Papercraft cosplay] Crysis 2/3 part 1 - unfold - YouTube

[Papercraft cosplay] Crysis 2/3 parte 2 - Arrumando - YouTube

I don's speak nothing but it can help someone.

another update: I'm actually gluing the last part of the suit(the left arm), probably, tonight or tomorrow, i will take a pic of the entire suit in papercraft and post here :thumbsup

question: the forum has some tag to show a youtube video?

(again without a translator... correct me if you want, plz :))

i have one question tho: how are you gonna get the helmet out of the mold without breaking the mold

how are you gonna attach a visor to a latex mask? ;)

just some additional info:

latex will shrink during the curing process. also, imo 5 layers are not enough, you can see how flimsy the mask is in the video example.

generally, its done the other way around: make a latex(or silicone) mold, a hard cover for the mold, and then cast the helmet in resin.

i would allways, ALLWAYS cast helmets with visors in resin, as it will be close to impossible to get a visor in a latex mask to stay in the correct position, as its not easy to glue something to latex.

its your choice if you want to make the helmet in latex, im just pointing out stuff you have to look out for. ;)

generally, my rule of thumb, if its a hard looking helmet, that doesnt have to be skin tight, resin is easier to do than latex, also more durable

Last edited:

how are you gonna attach a visor to a latex mask? ;)
i'm thinking on this during a long time... probably i will make the silver part of the visor in fiber glass or PU resin and glue it under the same part of the latex mask, making something like a skeleton and skin. and on this skeleton i will attach the visor and leds.

that was a big period, probably with a lot of grammar errors XD

just some additional info:

latex will shrink during the curing process. also, imo 5 layers are not enough, you can see how flimsy the mask is in the video example.

generally, its done the other way around: make a latex(or silicone) mold, a hard cover for the mold, and then cast the helmet in resin.

i would allways, ALLWAYS cast helmets with visors in resin, as it will be close to impossible to get a visor in a latex mask to stay in the correct position, as its not easy to glue something to latex.

its your choice if you want to make the helmet in latex, im just pointing out stuff you have to look out for. ;)

generally, my rule of thumb, if its a hard looking helmet, that doesnt have to be skin tight, resin is easier to do than latex, also more durable

man.. this suit will give me lots of headaches X.X

Last edited:

And 19 thousand poligons after...

405433_439228306127756_611419378_n.jpg

423453_439228376127749_1770441030_n.jpg

Hi,

Hey so what exactly do you plan on doing with molding the helmet?

Also, what do you plan on doing to mold the rest of the suit? I would strongly suggest NOT making a mold out of fiber glass but to use the fiber glass as a mother mold.

Smooth On has some really good products for what you want to do.

What is the next step for you?

Tank

I live on brazil, it's hard to buy smooth-on products:)cry), i'm making de mold out of fiberglass because I live in a apartment and don't have space for a plaster mold and silicon it's very expensive here. my last option was fiberglass x.x

sry my english, i'm trying to get better

Your English is fine. The paper model is just awesome! I don't know what would be more cool, the suit or making a full display figure of the suit.

this is looking awesome keep up the great work. where did you get the files for the whole suit if you don`t mind me asking ?

I live on brazil, it's hard to buy smooth-on products:)cry), i'm making de mold out of fiberglass because I live in a apartment and don't have space for a plaster mold and silicon it's very expensive here. my last option was fiberglass x.x

sry my english, i'm trying to get better

Try to find where you live a silicon for molds that can be thickened with a product called Aerosil, this product makes the silicon yield more, this should do the trick for you, making the expenses a little less scary

1kg of special silicone for aerosil usage costs around 40,00 brl, 100g of aerosil costs 8,00 brl....

I worked with it a few times and i can tell that the expenses cut is huge, its not like smooth Mold Max but works.

I am also from Brazil and i know how difficult and expensive it is for us to find some materials.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back