[WIP]Crysis 2/3 Nanosuit: Unfolded files page 6

Re: [WIP]Crysis 2/3 Nanosuit: Latex mask done! 10/26... NEWS PICS page2

dude thats amazing, the body look awesome, and the helmet fits perfectly :p

Very interesting. I had already bought the Action Figure there at FNAC (yes,the one at ParkShopping, here in Brasilia), so I could make that one, I just didn´t have the time to do so, but I was reserving December to work on it. I think that I may start on the first, and perhaps have it done , all details, finished, by mid-December. I look forward to seeing your suit, I just am not one to trust Papercraft as a method, usually, for something this size. I would suggest to eyeball it, but since it´s done already, go for it. I will be looking forward to seeing yours.

Last edited:

qual a diferença de eu usar um tronco de manequim e usar uma peça de papercraft como base para esculpir? o papercraft é apenas um ferramenta que me ajuda a esculpir

what is the difference between using a mannequin torso and use a piece of papercraft as a base to sculpt? The papercraft is just a tool that helps me to sculpt

Last edited:

I always thought that I was a slow Prop maker. Now I have proof

10 days and I didn't even finished the front of the torso

6229_473557082694878_1520014524_n.jpg

there is no difference at all, except that if you sculpt over a mannequin, you will have to actually do some work to figure out where the parts are, whereas with the Papercraft you have no need to even think, it´s almost a matter of point and click, and a complete perfect suit over the works of someone else. This way, it´s not hard at all, it yields the best results without any hassle. It is an asset, really, but I, for one, would ever choose the other way, where I have to think how the suit works and what are the connections.

It will be interesting to see both approachs together one day. I will make this suit so you know what I am talking about, and see the difference. As for being slow, it´s not a matter of you being slow, it´s a matter of the choice of the technique. This technique is very time-consuming, the Papercraft, and it leaves you with a result that, while aesthetically perfect, is a mere copy. The Crysis suit, if you study it, is the one that really does not lend itself to papercrafting, for it is not a hard suit, instead, all of those tendrils are meant to be artificial muscles, thus they have to work together with the wearer.

reading your post I think that you are not understanding what I'm doing or talking about. I do not want an armor that have my size, I want an armor that simulates the size of the nanosuit.

I'll cast the armor in latex and PU foam, this is just a mold. like I did with the helmet(that fit perfectly).

The way that you talk makes it seem that all the time I spent editing, analyzing and understanding the armor was a time thrown in the trash and I could have done everything by pressing a button since I'm using papercraft

if you say that the papercraft method is a simple and stupid, it's because you do not understand almost nothing about it. Especially being used as tool.

Okay. First, I did not say it is stupid at all, though it IS very simple. Papercraft is the tool you said, and I said and always thought the same, it does the job perfectly, without any sort of problem or even deviation in the shape of the suit, which, to me, if it gives out the result, so much the better. I don´t have anything to be defensive about, though you seem to think I am attacking you. Far be it from me to do so. I think, however, and I will say it again, that it is too much work, it is a slow method and the suit itself, even though you are going to make it on Latex, would benefit from more thinking about it.

It´s wonderful that you are about to cast the model, and more power to you when doing it (remember the shrinkage, though), however, if I were to do the same suit, in the same method, which I won´t, I would get the final latex skin and slice into many parts so they work together as muscles would. I would be delighted to tell you in person, you know where to reach me, some ideas that would cut off a lot of your time doing it, so you could be doing that suit faster and in the end, with more time for the fine-tuning.

As for thinking and rethinking, good for you, but as far as the model itself, all I have seen is an assembly of the model, pure and simple. If you went as far as resizing and all, great as well, but again, it is not the same thing as figuring out where things are in a real person, which even the best Computer model doesn´t go even near to being. When one does an armor, or some thing like that, you have to think where everything is, including where the muscles bend and how much they bulge once they do, for if one doesn´t take this into account, even the best armor will pinch and hurt, you may ask any Stormtrooper about that. What I would have suggested is that apart from making the model, that you had another person to help you doing it, for this would ensure that every movement, every part would yield the result you wished, and I am not discounting that Papercraft is a wonderful tool, heck, I love me some Pepping, but again, the fine-tuning necessary might be either diminished or prevented altogether by using a real person as reference :)

you played the game? know how the armor works?

the muscles of the armor did not not move as an organic muscle,

the armor only works as an external skin, what strengthens you are not the muscle fibers of the armor, but the compounds that are released into your body. the unique external functions of the armor are protection and invisibility.

dude, I do not like you as well as several people here in brasilia also does not like you. I really do not want your advice. if you do not comment here on this topic I thank you. but if you keep commenting I simply will not read it, ok? I do not wanna start a fight or anything.

just want you to do your stuff and I my stuff

I'm sorry for my english

You´d have to be sorry for many things, but not for your English, which isn´t half bad. You´d perhaps have to be sorry, if I am even to say that, for not "liking" me, considering you and I never met, anywhere, any place at all, which isn´t to blame on any of us, however, considering that, I think you may be misled into thinking about what or who I am. Many people who actualy get to know me can say anything. You can´t, ever, at all.

If I am offering you either help or advice, it means I care enough to actually want you to get better in what you do. Which you fail to recognize, I imagine. It´s a matter of pride, I suppose, to do a great job, I understand that, however, if I see something I could help you with, and I try, what am I to blame here?

Never once have I bashed you in any way or form, though I do think you work quite slowly, I also think your results are undeniable, so why am I suddenly a villain or something? If you read it or not, I am trying to lend you a hand so you can have some results which you probably haven´t even thought about, considering I have 23 years of experience in this stuff and really think you could benefit from it. I don´t know how much time you have invested on it already, but since I already thought of that armor, and yes I do know how it works, I was willing to impart some knowledge with you.

It is of no consequence whether you like me or not, or whether people like me or not, the important are the results, if the customer or the owner of the suit is completely satisfied with them, so am I. And if I am here trying to help you, it wouldn´t be even polite to do what you just did. At all times I am and was suggesting things to help you achieve your goals faster, and joining efforts, to me, is always a good thing, if one ´s to learn. I know your techniques, you work very well, but some things could be better, and that is what I am saying.

You have a lot to grow as an artist, which I am always willing to help, but much more to grow as a person, if you get to like or dislike people you never met even once so easily and foolishly.

we already met and talked, i know you and you know me

Oddly enough, I don´t remember it, other than that, you fail to have addressed the issue that I am trying to lend you a hand. Anyway, as a matter of pride you are not willing to have any hand lent unto you, so I withdraw my offer, you surely do not need it, however, think again on how you treat other people, for I am quite sure I haven´t mistreated you at all. If you are to be an artist, remember, you have to learn from wherever you can. Failure to do that due to pride is nothing more than hubris.

i'm don't want to be an artist, i'm just doing my hobby for me the way I like it (and I know many other ways... but i choose the best for me).

There are several other hands besides of your.

many people that I know told similar things about you. even without knowing each other. even people who you normally relate told me the same things about you.

I am in peace with what I am, how I decide to work, live my life and and with whomever likes me or not, it is their choice. I plan to carry on doing what I excel in, and helping whomever may want my help. Sure, you chose to lash out at me, but remember, if you are in a forum, you are open to any sort of feedback, and considering I am in a place where I could help you with your goals, my feedback would be accompanied by a sincere desire to do so. Attacking me by saying you or more people dislike me says much more about you than it does me. Again I am not bashing you or your work, but if you choose to freak out only because it is I who am giving you this feedback, it shows I should not have done it in the first place. Be in peace, and hone your skills, they are really good, it is all I have to say.

Ei, já tá indo longe demais, easy, easy, easy brothers.

After reading through this argument, Balmung, your suit is looking incredible. I wish I had the skills you posses. I cannot wait to see this thing finished and it almost makes me want to make one myself.

Hermes, I'm sure you're a fantastic artist but do not tell someone who ahs spend hundreds of hours working on something that their method IS easy and that they are basically just copying someone elses work. Even if you did not mean it in a negative way...it's kind of degrading. Papercraft may be easy to you but it isn't to everyone.

Nice suit dude.

I didn´t intend for it to be demeaning, not at all, I stand corrected. It´s as valid a method as any, and it yields good results. Again, as I said before, more power to him.

finaly i did a little progress

there are still two areas to finish the base of the torso and my clay ran out... but I already ordered more, also ordered the solvent to remove finger marks and smooth the sculpture, then finally I'll be ready to start making the details

74237_482390481811538_706535826_n.jpg

486226_483536458363607_1751228383_n.jpg

Very interested in this. Nice way of tackling this with covering hardened pepakura with clay to make the whole suit, very impressed.

-The Armorer

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back