[WIP]Shae Vizla, Mark II started! As she now actually appears in SWTOR

Re: Shae Vizla, Bounty Hunter TOR, 90% complete, photos page 4

Looks awesome Mdb, great work. I really like how the belt panel looks on the pics.

Outstanding work, and very true to the decieved armor shown.

I think the flash or the lighting is making the armor look brighter than what is shown in the trailer, darker grey.

Hope your health gets better as well.

First and foremost, wishing you good health and hoping you feel better in short order.

Secondly....

:eek OH..MY...GODDS!!!

That is just simply GORGEOUS!! :thumbsup

You *ARE* the master mdb!

Can't wait to see it with the thigh armour.

Just...wow...

Is is definately a cool costume. glad i got too see it in person. and have a photo or three done as well.... :$

Is is definately a cool costume. glad i got too see it in person. and have a photo or three done as well.... :$

Ditto; it was awesome to see it in person, and thanks for the opportunity to snap a few photos (hope you don't mind me posting them :) ).

Ditto; it was awesome to see it in person, and thanks for the opportunity to snap a few photos (hope you don't mind me posting them :) ).

Awesome costume! :thumbsup
This looks pretty interesting. I don't believe there is another woman with such a costume, but I'm not sure...

Very well done, I commend you for your persistence and ingenuity through trying situations. I will be making pep files for this armor soon.

Thanks Matt for posting the photos :) To those I owe a reply to, sorry, it's been a bit of a trying time healthwise so I'm behind on my posting :)

Absolute labour of love, and I had so much fun in this costume, I really am just a cold hearted killer at heart... my Steampunk persona is a big game hunter and my SCA persona is a merchant.... I sense a theme....

There are only a few photos of me with the thigh armour, and they are not yet up :)

But this is an amazing set :)

Shae is currently in a big storage container until I've had a chance for a break :) Updates will include: the belt will be suclpted and cast as I intended (I will take my time over the next sculpt though. Do it the way I wanted.
Cut out an insert LEDs in the various displays.
Cut more detail into the jetpack.
Make the thighs more adjustable- a nifty source shows how they work, and it will help solve some real life issues.
New Bodysuit- had a chance to get a feel for a fabric I can only order online. it's great. It will mean the balaclava won't look so dodgy but will mean I have to make new gloves. Sigh.
New visor.

No release in NZ so I'll be having a solo little party :)

More photos in my tumblr with links to the original files :)
mdb costumes

It includes a breakdown of what went into this costume. So many different techniques. I got a bit freaked out for a while ;)

I hate bumping my own thread but the photos from the Saturday shoot have been processed :)

Just bought some new paints to test (shades of silver, trying to get the perfect tone and hoping the paint is flexible enough, I suspect it is enamel though, sigh) and will be remolding the knees to cast them like I wanted.
It's going to be a long summer, but I want to get this repainted for my birthday ;)

Shameless bumps are quite alright in this regard :)

Wow, for a suit not quite complete, this thing looks ~AMAZING~. I actually meant to dig up this thread to see if there had been any progress on it. Thanks for bump, it saved me some searching.

Keep up the good work, I cannot wait to see the suit at your full, personal level of satisfaction!

-Arcko

Thank you :) I have to give my self a close time frame or I'll spend months sanding again ;) I kept delaying by trying to get perfect surfaces and it just set me back a year ;)

I'm hoping the paint is flexible enough as I can thin it and airbrush :) I chose the method I did so that I could do running reairs in a hotel room ;) It works nicely so I suppose I could always just mix RubnBuff to my own colour if I find the right thinner ;)

Stage one of Operation Clean Workroom has started. By which I mean my costumes are tidied so I can get out the back :)

I'm looking at more Bioware and SWTOR costume goodness :) There is a Togruta companion for the Sith Inquisitor and one of her sets is super funky- a bit like the sith in the Deceived trailer. So people have called her too saccirine but hey ;) She is a yello togruta! Also Liara from Mass Effect 3 is jumped onto The List

That is just a fantastic costume build mdb!!!! it takes alot of skill ta pull that off girl!!!! lovin' it.

Thank you :) Hopefully some new photos soon :) I got to play SWTOR beta for the last two weekends and am so hyped for the game and the world Bioware has created... so incredible! And I managed to get my BH to level 13 (I have never played a game outside of Angry Birds and solitaire ;) ) so got to see the Manalorian Armour in game :)

My armour falls somewhere between the game and cinematics ;) So I am really happy. I didn't get to see Shae but I have been assured she appears in the BH storyline just not when or where or how which is fine by me. :) So long as I know I am aiming to find her somewhere.

I am shopping around for a gaming comp and accessories so I can play this :) The toon I created was a bit of a silly MarySue but not what I will choose for the actual game :)

I hate bumping my own thread but the photos from the Saturday shoot have been processed :)

Just bought some new paints to test (shades of silver, trying to get the perfect tone and hoping the paint is flexible enough, I suspect it is enamel though, sigh) and will be remolding the knees to cast them like I wanted.
It's going to be a long summer, but I want to get this repainted for my birthday ;)
great costume.. but those pics are waay too small to appreciate it properly

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back