Wolverine's Jackets

Re: Wolverine's Jackets

I just saw your pics, they didn't show earlier BBB... Just the third one is the XO. The black jacket is just Hugh's personal jacket he wore on that rafting trip.

BladeFan - The XO is $570 in Competition weight leather. Sorry I can't include Hugh in that price for your wife. :)

Last edited:

I've been looking at some 30 pages of this thread, going down memory lane. Am I wrong, or are the forearm gussets, in the X1 jacket, same color as the jacket, and not yellow, like the stripes?

I've been looking a lot to this new Wolverine jacket, from the new movie, and....Am I right about the following?

Jacket waist looks shorter, wrists cuffs are done in an angle, softer leather, torso sides are stitched in a curve, fitted(inwards towards the ribs).

Is it me, or is this jacket cut in a more stylish, fitted way than the previous 2? It does look less bulky, and I like that.

Last edited:

Gunt - the X1 movie jacket sleeve gussets are the same color as the jacket.
HOWEVER, if you order a standard Wolf jacket straight from Vanson and do not specify jacket colored gussets they will be the stripe color as that was their original design.
I have specific pattern adjustments and colors setup through my orders to Vanson for the more screen accurate features as standard.

Actually the new Origins jacket is closest related to the X3 jacket in terms of the cut/fit and the base jacket itself.
Origins has the shorter sleeve zippers, the half around arm stripes, the same back style, same chest zipper orientation, even the same shoulder stitch line accent.
The Origin cuffs have their topstitching set about 3.5 inches from the end. The waist stripes border the bottom edge of the jacket and keep a slimmer profile as they go around to the back/side seam. The "curve" you're seeing is from the curving around the body that the jacket does naturally when worn.
The neckline/collar orientation is the same as the X1, along with the color scheme, although the collar is a half inch taller with a step down to the normal size collar tab.
The leather finished zipper pulls are from the x2 style... so this jacket borrows from all three of the other movie jackets.
I believe the basic design is so similar to X3 because of Hugh's heavy involvement in that movie as well as running the show on Origins, but it visually links closest to the X1 for continuity's sake.

Last edited:

Here's an example of my latest and most accurate run of this jacket.

logan-x1-front.jpg

logan-x1-back.jpg

loganX1.jpg

That's pretty cool, but I can't get used to see the jacket all neat and new. :lol
Have you see the allegedly screen-used X1 jacket at the Profiles in history auction? Estimates from $20,000.00 to $30,000.00. Great pics, too.

Have you see the allegedly screen-used X1 jacket at the Profiles in history auction? Estimates from $20,000.00 to $30,000.00. Great pics, too.

Hey Gun, it's been a while. Not only have we seen that jacket, but Rick over at filmjackets.com actually had access to it for 3 or 4 weeks and took a bunch of pics. It's definitely real and screen used for the stunt scenes. Take a look: http://www.filmjackets.com/screen_worn/x-men_jacket_history-original.htm

This is the jacket THEMAN used to get every single last detail down on the new X1 jackets. The only thing missing is the left hand zipper pull...which Vanson does not carry. So it's now 99% SA if you order through him.

Regards,
- John

It's actually not that easy to redo the jacket pattern for armor, but this jacket is done in competition weight leather... same thickness as all their protective jackets for real riding protection.

Well, believe, or not, my Vanson Wolf jacket FINALLY arrived yesterday. It took 3 years, and 3 salesmen to get it done, but they finally did it, and I LOVE IT! They followed all the details to the T, and all I need to do is break it a bit, so it doesn't fit me so boxy. I might just leave it all neat and new.
Not posting pics because you all know what it looks like: Vintage black and I asked for Gold yellow stripes. No snap back snap button and zippers placed, like I asked.

If it wasn't for the lack of replica belt, I'd say I have all the Wolverine gear: Vanson jacket, Indian buckle, Red Monkey watch, metal claws, Canadian dogtag. Good times!

So I took the big leap, and ordered an X-1 from Dan's site. I can't wait for it to get here. Finally, after nearly nine years, I'll have the jacket that's been out of my reach!

Thanks again to Dan for making these available. And thank you to the countless others who have done the research needed to make a dead-on as possible jacket!

OK, I scored a used Universal Designs X2 jacket in the junkyard, and I'd like to make it look as close to the movie jacket as possible. I'm very familiar with distressing leather, having doing multiple Indy jackets over the last 5 years. What I'm concerned with is what to do with the suede? I don't want to wear it in the nice bright maroon and yellow that it comes in when new. I'll look like a Redskins fan,lol.

Anyway, anyone attempt a distress job on the X2 yet? If so, please post some pics, and what you used, tecnique, etc.
Thanks,
Mike

I just gave my X1 from David several good rubdowns with isopropyl alcohol. Softened it quite a bit, and removed the new leather sheen.

So I took the big leap, and ordered an X-1 from Dan's site. I can't wait for it to get here. Finally, after nearly nine years, I'll have the jacket that's been out of my reach!

Thanks again to Dan for making these available. And thank you to the countless others who have done the research needed to make a dead-on as possible jacket!

Tidy work. Dan is The Man. You won't be disappointed, but the 3+ month wait is almost unbearable!
Here's mine which I ordered in late July last year and received in early December due to a long queue.
3106085259_e9921389b0_b.jpg

OK, I scored a used Universal Designs X2 jacket in the junkyard, and I'd like to make it look as close to the movie jacket as possible. I'm very familiar with distressing leather, having doing multiple Indy jackets over the last 5 years. What I'm concerned with is what to do with the suede? I don't want to wear it in the nice bright maroon and yellow that it comes in when new. I'll look like a Redskins fan,lol.

Anyway, anyone attempt a distress job on the X2 yet? If so, please post some pics, and what you used, tecnique, etc.
Thanks,
Mike

I've never weathered suede, but I'm thinking mayby the application and buffing of a little brown shoe polish over it might give it the look you're going for.

- John

TV8,

I figured that I waited nearly nine years to get this jacket, what's a few more months. However, I can't lie to myself like that. I really want the jacket.

By the way, nice weathering, my man. I might PM you for some tips.

Oh, and the top left arm stripe will come off for mine....

Before I forget - quick tip: these jackets are VERY TIGHT as they are a functional jacket, built to work as body armor for motorbike use and for that purpose, they can't be sliding around the body.
I am six foot one inch and measure exactly 41 inches around the chest and I do not have particularly broad shoulders. I got a size 42 regular and it fits like a glove. There is no room for a denim jacket underneath, only a shirt and a t-shirt. These things are windproof though, and unless you are going to the South Pole, you won't need more than 2 layers.

No fake weathering on my jacket too by the way, a touch of Pecards Gel on the amber stripes to waterproof them, and otherwise, just lots of wear and use :)

TV8,

I figured that I waited nearly nine years to get this jacket, what's a few more months. However, I can't lie to myself like that. I really want the jacket.

By the way, nice weathering, my man. I might PM you for some tips.

Oh, and the top left arm stripe will come off for mine....

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back