Wolverine's Jackets

Re: Wolverine's Jackets

Sounds like I may have to special order mine. Anyone here who works out constantly order one? I'm not very big but I'm not small either at 5'8 195lbs.

Before I forget - quick tip: these jackets are VERY TIGHT as they are a functional jacket, built to work as body armor for motorbike use and for that purpose, they can't be sliding around the body.
I am six foot one inch and measure exactly 41 inches around the chest and I do not have particularly broad shoulders. I got a size 42 regular and it fits like a glove. There is no room for a denim jacket underneath, only a shirt and a t-shirt. These things are windproof though, and unless you are going to the South Pole, you won't need more than 2 layers.

No fake weathering on my jacket too by the way, a touch of Pecards Gel on the amber stripes to waterproof them, and otherwise, just lots of wear and use :)

As per the fact that I live in Hawaii, I don't think that I'll be needing more than the jacket over my t-shirt. Seeing your jacket makes the wait even more unbearable! Good things come to those who wait, eh?

Having had 3 of these in and out of my possession, I can tell you that they are worth the wait. I still need to get one of the super accurate one's that we put together. Then I'll be satisfied.

Having had 3 of these in and out of my possession, I can tell you that they are worth the wait. I still need to get one of the super accurate one's that we put together. Then I'll be satisfied.

I got one of Knightsaber's ex-jackets and it was totally awesome. I used it for a costume party then sold it to recoup expenses:rolleyes. Within a week the regret was so huge I ordered a new one.

TV8 - post a pic of the awesome weathering/coloring work you did on Knightsaber's old one so everyone can see!

Rup - I'll be going that far with my next one as well I think... so long arm stripe. :)

Well here is my latest... yanked arm stripe and all.

x1-distressd.jpg

x1-distressd-front.jpg

x1-distressd-back.jpg

x1-wolv-dis.jpg

x1-wolv-dis-back.jpg

Looks great, I want one exactly like it! You'll be hearing from me in a couple months hopefully.

I've never weathered suede, but I'm thinking mayby the application and buffing of a little brown shoe polish over it might give it the look you're going for.

- John

Weathering suede is an artwork, too much and you may have bitten off more than you could chew, but you are right, John. I've weathered/distressed my X2 jacket by loading a horsehair shoe buffing brush with a little black Kiwi wax polish and buffing over the mustard colored stripes to give it that dirty aged look from the film. Loading a little bit at a time and working around the suede lightly, did the trick. I'm really happy with the results.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back