Yavin 4 scanner (ANH) - all major parts positively identified

I printed an ABS coupling that fits the two motor soxkets to join them together and it's solid with the tape added.

Heafty things aren't they, when you put it all together it's quite large too. Though my tape didn't hold long lol so it's sat in a box in bits.

I printed an ABS coupling that fits the two motor soxkets to join them together and it's solid with the tape added.

So you removed the pins in the sockets of the real motors and aligned them or did you keep the offset connection even with the printed coupling?

Have a pic of yours?

One of my motors was missing pins anyway but the motors are aligned.

A block of wood with holes for the pins would do also.

Haven't taken any pictues yet. I need to order some 2" gaffer tape and find a suitable screwdriver or other tool.

So you removed the pins in the sockets of the real motors and aligned them or did you keep the offset connection even with the printed coupling?

Have a pic of yours?

yavinscanner1.jpg

yavinscanner3.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 193
  • yavinscanner3.jpg
    yavinscanner3.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 183
So I've been off on travel and just got back and see these amazing recent posts! Holy cow, folks - I had to look at these postings a couple times to try to understand whether I was looking at folks who had found original motors or if these were painted versions of Jerry's replicas! Amazing work and great painting and detailing - SO fun to see these coming out now and glad to know there are going to be some darned accurate Rebel Fleet Troop sentries out there now after all these years! :)

Dan

im doing a 4th of July sale on the kit, $100 off :D
so the price is $125 plus shipping
I will run this from now until the end of day Friday the 5th
I will ship world wide

pm me if you would like a yavin motor kit, also please give me your address so I can reply with a shipping cost

happy 4th of July !!!

Attachments

• IMG_9851.JPG
    IMG_9851.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_9852.JPG
    IMG_9852.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_9853.JPG
    IMG_9853.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_9854.JPG
    IMG_9854.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_9855.JPG
    IMG_9855.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_9856.JPG
    IMG_9856.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_9857.JPG
    IMG_9857.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_9858.JPG
    IMG_9858.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_9859.JPG
    IMG_9859.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 201
I can’t recommend this kit highly enough. It is great. The fine detail is just as you would expect from Jerry. And, what a bargain.

Dan: this is still one of my favourite threads. Up there for me with Howard’s eumig servomatic find years back

Finally getting around to assembling my kit and a Minolta meter is on its way to me.

What is the round dail part that came with the kit?

Attachments

• D307228A-B546-4FD6-A82E-D76D343BE6BB.jpeg
    D307228A-B546-4FD6-A82E-D76D343BE6BB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 210
First off....
thank you 3DImpact Dan and trooper Jerry for the amazing thread.

I plan on visiting TIKAL in the next couple of months, and was wondering if I can procure a complete Yavin kit ?

thanks, Carlos
San Diego, CA

First off....
thank you 3DImpact Dan and trooper Jerry for the amazing thread.

I plan on visiting TIKAL in the next couple of months, and was wondering if I can procure a complete Yavin kit ?

thanks, Carlos
San Diego, CA
i can cast you a kit of parts to add onto a Minolta spot one meter if you have one, if not I have a couple I will be selling

I don't have a Minolta Spot 1, but I do worry about the overall weight, since I'll be carrying this on a couple of short flights, and bus rides. Don't have any idea of what a Minolta Spot 1 actually costs.

Jerry beat me to the reply, but you're going to have fun with this! Looks like you're going to be the first person to take this prop back to Tikal in 43 years! You're going to enjoy that place immensely - it's amazing (and not just for the Star Wars connection). Please share pics here of the prop on location!

As for the Minolta spot meter, the real ones are more weighty than a resin cast will be for sure, but still very easy to pack and travel with. It'll feel simply like a small camera with a bulky handle, shouldn't be a problem at all. It's the Arri motors that are so heavy. Take all the parts unassembled, pack a roll of tape, and just carry it with you packed away for most of your trip and only assemble it for the day you are there at Temple IV.

Enjoy the heck out of your trip!

Dan

Reading through this long thread once again, to make sure it's all sinking in.

Did anyone find or know of a good DECAL Maker that is recommended for the kit decals ??

After waiting WAY TOO LONG to build this AWESOME Kit, I'm finally on it and nearly done. Anyone even Slightly Interested really needs to buy these Arii Motor kits!! They QUALITY of the casts are beyond perfection, and all the extra little hardware just makes it perfect. I am blown away after building/painting these up how much they look EXACTLY like the real motors!! I basically painted them with Rustoleum Black Sandable Primer, and then lightly shot gloss clear coat over it. The color/texture are exactly identical to the real Minolta I have paired it with.
I then simply painted the switches, added some chrome tape for the strip, and put in some real wiring to mimic the real motor wiring. I still need to add the red buttons, the jeweler screwdriver, another microswitch and some wires, and the 'gray tape' that will go over the motors, and this will be done. In the meantime, here's some shots of it so far.
THANK YOU Jerry and Dan and others involved in making this happen. So cool to have a very authentic Prop Replica!!
-Sean

The kit with most parts assembled (no paint, the resin is Gorgeous!)
Yv1.jpg
Yv2.jpg

Painting the switch and adding wiring
Yv3.jpg
Yv4.jpg

The motors now 'weathered' up a bit, and taped to the Minolta
Yv5.jpg
Yv6.jpg
Yv7.jpg
Yv8.jpg

And testing it out on an intruder in the basement....

Yv9.jpg

Oh man - OUTSTANDING job Sean! These look indistinguishable from actual found Arri motors! The weathering is superb and those tiny little touches just make these replicas sing. So well done!

Dan

Did anybody come up with a nice and secure way to display these "standing" instead of laying in your display cases?

Outstanding thread! Absolutely amazing detective work here. So out of curiosity I just ran a search. There are actually two Arriflex motors on the Bay right now. If you’re interested, have at it. (I’m only in window shopping mode.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back