Your Indiana Jones Displays - Lets see 'em

The twilight zone. Lol

IMG_4540.gif

Newest addition
Screen used knife from KOTCS!

I made an offer and the seller accepted. I couldn’t pass this up. My first and only Indiana Jones screen used prop and is now a prized possession.
It’s certified and also has Harrison’s signature on the certification and authenticated by JSA.

Probably going to put this in a clear case soon.

Whoa!! This is awesome! It even has a HF signature?! Fantastic!

:love:

Just finished my indiana jones display. The pearl harbor newspaper sets the display in 1942 so after last crusade and before crystal skull. Everything is authentic from the 1910-1941 period. All documents, letters, books, are authentic from the period as well as the newspapers. No reproductions. Books are relevant to what an archaeologist would have-one on Ancient Rome, one on South American archaeology,etc. The poison dart gun is a real blowgun from the Yachua tribe in Peru complete with piranha mandible decoration. The desk is a 1930's teachers desk and the suitcase is from a professor in Oregon who traveled to Europe in the 1920's so the decals on the suitcase are authentic. Everything other than the props are real and from the time period including the type writer, microscope, flashlight, tools, telegraph, etc. Only exception is the compass which is a repro while i wait for the antique one to show up.. Unfortunately most of the props like the Sankara stones, eye of the peacock diamond, etc. are in the drawers. I didn't want it just to be just looked at from a distance like most displays. I wanted people to be able to explore it and discover things. There are dozens of Easter eggs and surprises if you look carefully enough. You can go through the drawers and find props as well as the normal things a professor would have in his desk in the 1930's. Even a secret stash of 1941 comic books in his desk. Indiana seems like the kinda guy who would have a stash of comics hidden in his work desk. I know i do! The Webley ammo is currently .45 magnum but I will be receiving correct .455 inert Webley rounds in a couple days that will replace the magnum rounds. It is in my garage now but when my son gets his new house we will move it in there.
View attachment 1739085View attachment 1739086View attachment 1739087View attachment 1739088
View attachment 1739111

Few More additions:
-life magazine
-I made Mola Ram's necklace
-The one sided german ra headpiece on the staff that is the incorrect 6 Kadam high.
-had a Belloq wine case made for his wine bottle. Even found an original 1936 import stamp for it.
-An Indian katar knife that the thuggees used in TOD.
-1929 book written by Roy chapman andrews who was supposedly the inspiration for indiana jones
-and a bunch of other stuff
20231028_132328.jpg

20231028_131538.jpg
Molaram2.jpg

20231028_131226.jpg

20231017_203940.jpg
20231017_204432.jpg

20231017_204504.jpg

20231028_132128.jpg

20231028_131904.jpg

Attachments

• 20231015_103523.jpg
    20231015_103523.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Few More addition

Honestly you have already won this thread and I feel like there's very little anyone can do to come even remotely close to your display. It could easily belong in a theme park attraction with the proper lighting to balance out the color palette. All you need is Harrison Ford sitting there with some student asking for her graded paper.

Jokes aside though, where did you find all the vintage paper props? What's been your process to collect all that? I love that stuff, I consider it part of what can make or break an Indiana Jones display and it's pretty essential for the overall feeling, but not always the most straightforward thing to find.

Agreed - you've won. Superb effort, especially the overall look and feel. Would also be interested in learning more on your approach, especially why you chose the time period of early WWII as present day, which is fascinating. The paper props require so much research and can be difficult to find and get right. Wow, well done!

Thanks alot guys! I chose 1941 as it gave me some leeway as far as not having to have everything in the display exactly as it was in a screen shot of the movie. I also needed enough of a time period to explain how Indie would have a chance to recover the items. 3 years after last crusade would have given enough time for indie to track down who Belloq sold the idol to and recover it and after the nazi's had their meltdown (literally) at the end of ROTLA it would not be unreasonable to think Indie or his friend Sallah would be able to return and recover a lot of the items the Germans left behind. Some things are a bit of a stretch like Marion's picture. By 1941, indie and marion were split up and his son was already a couple years old but I figure that she was always his true love and maybe he would still have a picture of her. She was so important to the story i couldn't leave her out. Actually the paper items were the most fun part. Some like the newspaper I already had. For many years I collected newspapers and documents from all over the world marking historic events. I doubt there is a single significant historical event that I don't have a newspaper from the place it occurred and as close to the time it actually occurred as possible. A lot of it is just ebay, some perusing of antique stores, etc. It is probably the most interesting part just searching and then finding something really amazing that no else has realized how important it is.
20231028_131204.jpg

Few More additions:
-life magazine
-I made Mola Ram's necklace
-The one sided german ra headpiece on the staff that is the incorrect 6 Kadam high.
-had a Belloq wine case made for his wine bottle. Even found an original 1936 import stamp for it.
-An Indian katar knife that the thuggees used in TOD.
-1929 book written by Roy chapman andrews who was supposedly the inspiration for indiana jones
-and a bunch of other stuff
View attachment 1756199
View attachment 1756200View attachment 1756208

View attachment 1756201

View attachment 1756204View attachment 1756205
View attachment 1756206

View attachment 1756213
View attachment 1756214

Amazing job dude. Its simply in a league of its own.

Changed it completely up. Went with taller glass cabinets and put everything inside. My room has been driving me nuts trying to clean and organize it the way I'm happy with it. I took out the smaller Rustada Cabinets and used a taller Milsbo cabinet. I like it much better. Still a work in progress but a step in the right direction. 
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I also finally displayed my newer toys in a Detlof. Originals still displayed on the open shelves but I did get the new unreleased retros and case them up to match the look of the original 80s versions

The map room Indy is actually pieced together and that’s the Hasbro Ark. I thought it would be fun to keep the adventure series counterparts with Sideshow pieces.
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2408.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back