Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

Thank you very much Darkside

i got .99 it fit on my head

GoodJob :thumbsup

you r CoolMan :love

Hi everybody, greetings from Colombia

I'm currently working on a Mark VII Suit, My current approach uses craft foam (5 mm).

My goal is to seal with PVA, make the plastic coating using epoxic resin (here in Colombia I got it as Twins Resin) and get the correct painting.

There are some pictures of the experimental models and my current on work helmet.

Thanks to darkside501st for posting this pepakura files (actually using V.1) and additional thanks to all the people involved in the process of designing and unfold the models.

For Spanish talking people I'm trying to keep a blog with my progress, the link is http://proyectosmanualidades.blogspot.com

Enviado desde mi AT100 usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357526617468.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357526617468.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 257
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357526628961.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357526628961.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 208
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357526647985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357526647985.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 172
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357526657212.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357526657212.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 230
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357526666207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357526666207.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 190

Darkside this is awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on the V2s :popcorn btw such a shame that you've had to take the steps you have to protect your work :(

Hello,

I would apreaciate a Mk VII Helmet - original model by Sharkmark!!!

5'11" i think it is im 1.80 cm tall

Paper A4

and it's for pepakura file

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Zacky, You have to tell me what scale you want. Use the Sharkmark tester helmet to figure it out if you are not sure.

Thank you very much Darkside

i got .99 it fit on my head

GoodJob :thumbsup

you r CoolMan :love

Nice, glad it worked for you.

Hi everybody, greetings from Colombia

I'm currently working on a Mark VII Suit, My current approach uses craft foam (5 mm).

My goal is to seal with PVA, make the plastic coating using epoxic resin (here in Colombia I got it as Twins Resin) and get the correct painting.

There are some pictures of the experimental models and my current on work helmet.

Thanks to darkside501st for posting this pepakura files (actually using V.1) and additional thanks to all the people involved in the process of designing and unfold the models.

For Spanish talking people I'm trying to keep a blog with my progress, the link is Proyectos de Manualidades

Very nice! Helmet looks great. Smooth!

Darkside this is awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on the V2s :popcorn btw such a shame that you've had to take the steps you have to protect your work :(

Thanks!

Zacky, You have to tell me what scale you want. Use the Sharkmark tester helmet to figure it out if you are not sure.

Hello again,

The default scale 1.0 is perfect for me.

Thanks for the help my english isn't good enought to fully understand all this!!! hehehe

I had a missunderstanding reading ur post hehehe I saw that i can print the default scale

Thanks, Zack.

Hello again,

The default scale 1.0 is perfect for me.

Thanks for the help my english isn't good enought to fully understand all this!!! hehehe

I had a missunderstanding reading ur post hehehe I saw that i can print the default scale

Thanks, Zack.

Ok, so you saw that there is already a 1.0 A4 file for pepakura, right?

Umm... I'm in need of some assistance. The file for the helmet isn't opening up in Pepakura Designer. Any thoughts on why that might be?

I'm not sure if you've already addressed this issue darkside so apologize for possibly repeating an issue. :confused

Umm... I'm in need of some assistance. The file for the helmet isn't opening up in Pepakura Designer. Any thoughts on why that might be?

I'm not sure if you've already addressed this issue darkside so apologize for possibly repeating an issue. :confused
Ya have to use the Viewer. Then Print.

First off gotta give mad respect to you on your awesome work. Keep up the amazing work. I do have a question about printing the v2 helm. I'm trying to print the pep file ".95", I set up my printer settings in viewer to be in landscape but I always check print preview to make sure everything fits on my card stock paper. I did notice that there was still some crop issues on pg 9, 10, and 12. My question, is there anyway you can go back and squeeze in those pieces in order to avoid cropping? If not, I'll just make due, I'd just prefer to avoid guessing where to cut.

Hey Darkside, if you get the chance, tell Tamasoft they misspelled "Document". It says "dcoument".. or something like that.

(if you're able to contact them, and all)

First off gotta give mad respect to you on your awesome work. Keep up the amazing work. I do have a question about printing the v2 helm. I'm trying to print the pep file ".95", I set up my printer settings in viewer to be in landscape but I always check print preview to make sure everything fits on my card stock paper. I did notice that there was still some crop issues on pg 9, 10, and 12. My question, is there anyway you can go back and squeeze in those pieces in order to avoid cropping? If not, I'll just make due, I'd just prefer to avoid guessing where to cut.

You've probably grabbed the wrong printer file, check which one you got, if it's letter or A4 format. That might be the cause,if it's not check the borders options in your printer and you should be good to go!

Read this:

If you only have Pep Designer installed and double-click the file to open it, it'll ask for Pep viewer executable. Don't try to use the Pep Designer exe or it'll loop endlessly and you won't be able to do anything until you reboot your computer.

If you open the file from Pep Designer, it'll ask a password.

In short words: USE THE VIEWER.

(you won't be able to scale it and it's intended, ask to Dark to scale it for you, in your case Punt: scale 0.99)

BTW amazing work Darkside! I can't wait to get started on this one! If it wasn't that i have too many things to study for a single human being....
I wanted to try tabless pepping as i want to make it already as smooth as possible in the pep stage to save some time later on,but do you have any idea where i can find some info on it? cause i'm not sure how to properly do it!

Thanks again!

Darkside, I was wondering what photos or models did you use as reference for the V2 files? I was just wondering so I could get an idea of how the finished product would look like, and when I'm building I would know it what it's supposed to look like.

Progress on my IronMan Suit. Plastic coat applied.

The helmet actually is from SHARKMAN MK 6.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357649417077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357649417077.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 267

Thanks, It looks like others have already offered advice. I have set the borders to 10mm so that should be good for most all printers that have the proper drivers installed. Let me know if you are still having issues after you try the suggested fixes.

Hey Darkside, if you get the chance, tell Tamasoft they misspelled "Document". It says "dcoument".. or something like that.

(if you're able to contact them, and all)

I can tell them. Where is that word located?

You've probably grabbed the wrong printer file, check which one you got, if it's letter or A4 format. That might be the cause,if it's not check the borders options in your printer and you should be good to go!

BTW amazing work Darkside! I can't wait to get started on this one! If it wasn't that i have too many things to study for a single human being....
I wanted to try tabless pepping as i want to make it already as smooth as possible in the pep stage to save some time later on,but do you have any idea where i can find some info on it? cause i'm not sure how to properly do it!

Thanks again!

Thank you. I showed the tabless building on my Assassin's Creed Dr. Malfatto mask. Take a look at the link in my sig. AC Dr Mask

Darkside, I was wondering what photos or models did you use as reference for the V2 files? I was just wondering so I could get an idea of how the finished product would look like, and when I'm building I would know it what it's supposed to look like.

All (most) my reference pics are on my skydrive. Links in the first post.

Progress on my IronMan Suit. Plastic coat applied.

The helmet actually is from SHARKMAN MK 6.

Looks great!

IMG-20130103-00464_zps25be987e.jpg

IMG-20130103-00465_zpsfdae5d41.jpg

IMG-20130103-00467_zps38b1ac24.jpg

IMG-20130103-00468_zps7e4dcb16.jpg

Darkside, Did you mention in the past that the Forearem was a bit in accurate? Cause to get the forearm Missile above the Bicep joint abit The scale has to change. I actually had to measure may forearm manually, AND I have to modify the Lower Forearm also.. Cut of some foam so its thinner (Smaller Scale.)

threw you a pm darkside !! progress on my 3d helmet :p

I don't see a PM from you. Take a look and make sure it went through.

Darkside, Did you mention in the past that the Forearem was a bit in accurate? Cause to get the forearm Missile above the Bicep joint abit The scale has to change. I actually had to measure may forearm manually, AND I have to modify the Lower Forearm also.. Cut of some foam so its thinner (Smaller Scale.)

Yes the V1 files are not 100% for sure. They were the first files I made and there was little to no reference to go by at the time. Not to mention that making the files one at a time caused some issues with the proportions.

I don't see a PM from you. Take a look and make sure it went through.

Yes the V1 files are not 100% for sure. They were the first files I made and there was little to no reference to go by at the time. Not to mention that making the files one at a time caused some issues with the proportions.

Thanks For Confirming! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back