Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Even more 3D Print Goodness!!!

That's another project I'm working on that happened to be sitting on my bench. It's a Vu Meter and I just placed the part on top of it.

For the actual lighting, I just bought some 1.6mm LED with leads. That's about as small as you can get before going into surface mounted lighting. I bought them from here:
1.6mm LED
I got a pack of clear green and red for $6.00 shipped. Can't wait for them to get here so I can start on the electronics. :):thumbsup

Also here's a small update regarding lighting:
Here you can get a better idea of the set up that I'm going to be going with. That glass tube inside the base is something called a reed switch. It activates whenever a strong magnetic field comes into proximity.
Now, the idea is that I drill a small hole in the cartridge and place the magnet inside; so now the cartridge will act as the switch and turn on the led lights when it's inserted. Neat eh?
View attachment 105067
I am trying to understand this. Could u show us more pics of the top and all sides. If u could that would be super.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with wiring diagrams!

I can email you the STL if you want. Also you'll have to get it mirrored cuz it's only set up for one wrist.

I made some mods to the stl files that the OP posted and got them printed at a local business. I can email you the stl if you like, but you'll have to find your own printer

I'll be happy to post that model/file on the first post if you would so permit me. It's a shining example if what this project is about. Great job!

Sure thing. Just PM me your email and ill create a left and right version.

Why can't I find the web shooters parts
Can anybody give me the links for it pliiisss I really want it so bad

They're linked in the junkyard. Search there.

Or. You know. Look on the previous page. :thumbsup

:behave

Can someone help me out a little please :)?
Ok so I purchased a left and right set, but now I am a little confused with what to get for the lighting. I purchased these so far: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9261 and green and red LED's from 1.6mm LED ( I am very sorry if I was not supposed to add links) So with that being said, what kind of battery is everyone using and how are you guys connecting them? Please help me! Thank You :)

P.S. Can anyone spare a few red bingo chips about 4 please and Thank You! :)

Bluenyte, i've got a question... How will you go with painting the shooter?
Because it's really awesome, but there are possibilities to mess up the work, right? :\
I was going to use the same paints as warhammer figurines. I used to paint them in high school so hopefully I won't mess up too bad :p

I was going to use the same paints as warhammer figurines. I used to paint them in high school so hopefully I won't mess up too bad :p

Whoa! And will you upload your finished result here? It would be so cool :thumbsup

I might. I was thinking of just making my own thread when I'm ready to post more pics of my costume process

BTW guys, if anyone is interested, i found this site Sculpteo | Votre design 3D devient réalité avec l'impression 3D which deals with 3d printing...it seems cool, and even price is good.

EDIT: i'm trying to use this site, to see if i can save some money, but i need some help.
When i upload the OBJ files, it says that they resized the scale, so the cm of every single pieces are wrong.
Now, i don't know how to size the pieces...if anyone here can tell me how to set them it would be great.

(example: for the face of the shooter, the site tells me 1.6 x 0.22 x 1.23 centimeters...what do i have to set here?)

I'm really sorry to be a pain, but i need some help :(

Last edited:

@epilepticsquirl, can i ask you a favor?
i can't convert the files you provided here in STL format. Can you please do it for me? Or it is a problem?
I need them because i found a local 3D printing company which requires STL format files...
If you could do it, it would be great for me!

I believe I emailed you the correct size in millimeters so just a base it off that.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back