Indianapolis prop party info

Not sure if I can make it or not.
I have put in for another movie project around that time. If I am free I will come. I could always bring some helmets or something to display.

I miss hanging out with other prop builders.

David
www.djsyczylo.net

Thanks Mark for posting the info for me, I'll keep this updated as new info comes available, but right now here is what I have, If you see your name and something needs to be corrected please pm me or email me at rusty101167@yahoo.com
***racprops***- 3 tables
Sector7G/711 - 3 tables
FyberdyneLabs - 2 tables
Thermailzed Plastics - 2 tables
FHC - 2 table
Sulla - Attending only
Sporak and clan - 4 tables
SgtFang - 1 table
Wolverine Solo -2 tables
DarkHelmet - Attending only
Darth Clayton - 3 tables
jheilman -1 table
HoosierTrooper - ? tables
Boba Frett - ? tables
Kodofett - ? tables
decaturvader - ? tables
staticguy - ? tables
Chris07 - 1 table
Boba Binks - Attending only
Jedistine - 1 table
drysn71 - attending only
R. Cross - sharing tables with Sporak

As mentioned the contest will be build a concept tricorder. There will be a form at the registration desk for you to fill out once you arrive and a table for everyone to display their work for judging.

Mr. Richard Coyle will be our special guest, please checkout his website www.racprops.com for more information on him and his work. He will also be bringing enough props to display on 3 tables.
Clarion Inn
www.clarionhotel.com

5920 Scatterfield
Anderson, IN 46013
(765) 644-2581

Please mention that you are staying with the Williams Prop Seminar when making your reservations for the special room rate. We will have the entire BAll Room this year.
Hotel Information:

Other then that if you have questions about the prop party please let me know.

Rusty

Last edited:
Updated the post above, and as soon as I get the details worked out on the special guest I'll post the announcement, right now Mark and I are still trying to hammer out the details with the hotel so that we can have the entire space to use this year.

Just one table for me. Will we know who speakers might be in advance or will it be a surprise?

How are we doing the concept tricorder contest? Design it and bring it finished? Or kit bash it there? Does it need to be any particular "era"?

-Sarge

Bring your finished Tricorder to the prop party and it will be displayed all day on a designated table. It can be of any design, race or era of your liking.

Mark, Mike and I will judge and the winner will be chosen toward the end of the day. Prizes are forthcoming :)

How are we doing the concept tricorder contest? Design it and bring it finished? Or kit bash it there? Does it need to be any particular "era"?

-Sarge

It is with great pleasure that we will have Ricard A. Coyle as our first guest at the Indianapolis Prop Party. Richard will be on hand all day to talk props, as well as having 3 tables to display his work and collection. In addition Richard will be bringing a couple of DVD's that will play throughout the day. "Living and Working in Hollywood" and "Mold Making" both produced by Richard and his staff. Anyone not familar with his work can visit his website at www.racprops.com

And I'm sure if there is anything your dying to see in person please make a request and maybe he will bring it along.

This should be a real great time.

We will pack up every darn prop we have, I say we, as Neil, a local Ghost Buster a member of The Phoenix Ghost Busters group who was seen in the News year Parade will be coming with us..

He is a model/figure/prop maker and will be bringing his back pack and other great stuff.

The picture of what we set up for a one hour talk at a local Phoenix Comic Con, below should help give you an idea of what we will have with us.

Note the R2D2 was JR’s and he will not be coming nor will R2D2..

For more pictures go to:

http://www.racprops.com/AAASciFiCons/

I am really looking forward to meeting so many of you and seeing old friends.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, I'm in. I have to talk to my girlfriend first though, before I send an e-mail to confirm. (If she will let me bring props, then I'll need two tables, but if she wont, then I wont need any tables. If she's not going at all, then I'll have to see if I can get there some other way. etc. etc. etc.) Once I nail some things down I'll confirm.

Oh, does it look like we will be getting a discount on the hotel rooms again? that was a very nice touch, last year. My girl, and I staid two nights, and it made the trip much easlier, and fun.

I can say for sure that I wont be in on the contest. (I have WAY too many props to finish before this, as it is. ) But, it is a great idea, and sould like a lot of fun. Ok, I'll ahve to think about it, I many want in on that too. :lol

I would really like to attend, it's about a 2 hour drive from me.Tell me some more..... the tables are they for showing off,or also purchasing items.Is this an all day event or should I just allow a couple of hours?How many tables do you usually have..This will tell me how much money I need to hide from the wife. This really sounds like a great time. Thanks for the info.Todd

the tables are they for showing off,or also purchasing items?

Well, it's not like a convention dealers room by any stretch, but a few of us bring stuff to sell. :)

I'd like to see it grow into a bit of a swap meet among us collectors one of these days. :thumbsup

-Sarge

The hotel is now confirmed! detail below. I'd like to thank FHC for his help and support in securing the hotel for us once again. This year we will be moving to the larger Ball Room, pictures forthcoming, If you are planning on coming in from out of town and staying please reference the Williams Prop Seminar when booking your room with the hotel. Here is the contact information.

Clarion Inn
www.clarionhotel.com

5920 Scatterfield
Anderson, IN 46013
(765) 644-2581

Thanks again to everyone for supporting the Indianapolis Prop Party

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back