Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Thanks crackejazz. Old pic. I have most of the donors already attached.

Sure thing Nwerke!

Although, I do have some imperfections on the top hull behind and on front of the cockpit tube and behind the comms dish. Of course I couldn't get a side pic of it and it was displayed on an incline with a slight tilt. So I just curved it the best I can.

395810364.jpg

395927836.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, I had the same problem on the down side. On the starboard side my camera had autofocus problems and the crowd was so bad I was moved on. Frustrating.

But your bird is gorgeous. Don't apologise, it looks as if it might take a 3d scan of both models to find those kinds of differences. I haven't heard of anybody else even attempting to copy the asymmetries. Awesome. :thumbsup

Well, I'm pretty much resided to doing the hulls in styrene, it's a tried & true method, no company here can do a heat formed/blow-molded hemisphere the size we need, oh well:rolleyes.

Here's some pics of my tinkering around with the engine deck donors, arghhh, what a mission to try & get right, but I'll get there. Parts are just placed at mo, not precise at all & alot of small parts to be added.
I'm missing some of the major players such as the M60 & M8 parts, yet to come.
Obviously the Hurricane wing has yet to be cut correct & the lower parts placed more correctly.

Can anyone please confirm if the Centurion running board parts (in pic) are 'chopped' right before the M60 part next to the lower vent on each side, or is the M60 part sitting on the Centurion part?. I'm reluctant to cut these centurion parts until I know for sure.
Cheers
Stu

Last edited:

It's definitely the centurion parts stu!

Thanks for the reply mate, but doesn't answer my question fully.

What I'm asking & would like to know is this:
Does the Bandai 1/24th M60A1 part 'sit' on the Centurion fender which does or does not run all the way through or is the Centurion fender cut just before the Bandai part which means the bandai part is a stand alone part.
I will get the Bandai kit at some stage but would like confirmed now so i can place donors.
The parts map in the pic highlights the entire piece as the Centurion which it is not.
Cheers
Stu

Hey Stu!
I haven't got the M60A01 Tank but I looked at that section when I got my Centurion. It seems to me that the M60 part starts when the Centurion part finishes, you can see in the pic I posted you that the M60 parts seems to have a hole in the bottom where the Centurion part could fit in but in that picture in a yellow square you can see that the senturion part does not get inside. You can also se the detail in the Centurion kit scan part stroked in a yellow circle seems to be at the same distance from the end of the part as the one pasted on the Falcon just before the M60 part.

I hope this helps mate! I am eager to see pics of your engine deck! Good luck and God speed mate!(y)thumbsup

Lol sorry stu!

I was trying to reply before I got to the airport. I didn't finish the message and accidentally hit Post reply as I got out of the car.

Hi again...a little off topic here but always in the Falcon realm!
Hey Ozzy, here is the picture of my modified unfinished AMT:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is the engine of the kit I PM you about

Looks real clean Rodmart85. I would like to see mine as clean as that.

Mine has been deconstructed, and I am starting to build parts again from scratch.

Yours look excellent!!!!

Ozzy

Whiskey- No problem mate, thanks for trying to explain. Hey, how bout some updated pics of your fantastic build to drool over, hows it going?.

Rodmart- Cheers for that info, yeah looks like the Bandai part doesn't sit on the Centurion fender from your pics. I'll go ahead and cut them to fit.
Did you see the pics I posted earlier of my engine deck tinkering?. Found a few more parts & swapped parts over to their correct side & also discovered that quite a few parts are not from the M23 as noted but come from the Ford Tyrrell Elf instead.
When the parts are cut & placed correctly, I'll finalize the schematic for the whole area.
Stu

Hey Rodmart, thanks for the clarification on the M60/Centurion parts. I'll add it to the looong list of updates to part maps that I need to do once my home chores are done.

Is there a concensus regarding the overall dims that were getting pinged around recently? - Would be good to have a few overview images with what we regard as being the definitive ( or as good as we can get) dims to sit with the part maps.

Hi everyone!
Whiskey, I would like to say you are doing an incredible job, and would love to see some pics of how that beast is coming up!:thumbsup

Is there a concensus regarding the overall dims that were getting pinged around recently? - Would be good to have a few overview images with what we regard as being the definitive ( or as good as we can get) dims to sit with the part maps.

Gort, mate, I was thinking the exact same thing. We could share findings and try to agree on some measures with a drawing. I am working on my calculations and will post them as soon as posiible.

and I am starting to build parts again from scratch
Ozzy, that is cool. Id love to see some pics of the parts you are building.
I am going to rebuild the hole cockpit for my Amt Falcon.

Rod

I'll try to post pics either this weekend or next, but I don't want to hijack this thread. I can post pics on my early falcon thread.

Mate, post 'em wherever you like, I think everyone here will be grateful! :) BTW, what thickness sheet are you using for the plating - 2mm?

Gort, I hasten to add that's just the figure I currently show on my plan view. I'm still trying to reconcile the damn thing with side and front views...and it won't reconcile. There's just too much distortion on all pics. Why couldn't they have used long lenses, dammit?! :lol

There really is no other option than to buy as many of the kits as you can get hold of, then plonk all the bits down and shuffle them around. Keeping in mind that nothing is square and no panel on the port side is the same size and shape as its opposite number on the starboard side! Much lulz to be had.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back