Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

I haven't measured the entire ship, but I'm starting small and working my way from there! I see the height of the docking tube to be 8.3" (plus plating). The docking ring base diameter is 6.57" (plus plating) and the outer edge of the ring tip is 5.8" (plus plating).

Hey rod!
Great job!

However, you should break it down to:
Base
Armor plating over base(dome) - Mandibles sector diameter
Dome diameter(overhang from base) hint:sealab part and sidewall donors indicates added width - see pic below
And finally overall armor plating diameter past the dome overhang, rather than just main disc

Just makes building easier.

sw_mos_mf_0028.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Tsophika for the info!
Great Whisky!
I´ll rename the diameters, thanks for the tips!
Ill post it as soon as I am ready mate includin Tsophika's data.
Bests:
Rod

Hi again Brotherhood of the Falcon:lol

I forgot to post these pics. I thought the Falcon blueprint from the Star Wars Blueprints Book was for the Full Size Falcon for the Hoth Echo Base. But a closer look revealed that there were kit parts from the "ANH" Falcon in the drawing.
So I compared the Chronicles picture with the blueprints and got the Blueprints book data you find on the chart above.

Here are the pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And between the interior and exterior blueprints:

The main differences I found were 3.
1-The joint between the disc and the mandibles. Even though this blueprint might be correct because the lower dome finishes earlier that the upper dome in the mandible section of the ship, but I still need to compare it with the bottom view "forbidden to post" picture.

2-The gun turret disc is smaller
3-The section of the Aurora M8 carrier is wider

Does anyone know if the Blueprints book has a profile Blueprint of tha Falcon. It would be great that it did!:love

bests:
Rod

I too thought it was a scale drawing of the 5 foot falcon, but after posting in another thread as such, was told it was definately just a full scale drawing blueprints. After that I never bothered to look any further.

Thanks Rodmart85, those transposed pics are excellent. I will use them as I was going to in the first place now I am assured they are a rendition of the "Big F".

Ozzy

Rod- Thanks for posting those blueprint pics mate. I really feel they are not of too much use to us SS builders though, as they really are drawings of full sized set pieces. Best we do our own group blueprint.

Can I suggest this to all the 5' Falcon builders here. The info & ideas brought to this thread is staggering & I feel we have a great group who may like this idea?.

Why not each one of us take on a section of the Falcon & focus on that area specifically. Meaning, take me for example, I do the engine deck, place & collect all the donors I can & then draw a definitive blueprint for all to share. Means we focus on 1 area & then each others areas can be brought together as a whole.
Now, with this idea comes the loaning of kit donors from members of the group to each that need specific parts to complete their area. When the blueprints done the parts are returned to their owners.

Take my engine deck. I need the M60A1 parts, kubelwagon & M8 Dozer Blade just to 'finish' the deck off to an acceptable level to be able to draw a decent blueprint.

Some of you may have collected donors for a specific area & virtually have a section done, that would be great, just needs to be 'dry assembled' & drawn.

Does this sound a feasible idea guys?. It may speed things up too for us all.
Cheers
Stu

Last edited:

Sounds great. I must admit though I have been concentrating on the mandibles and casting up parts that I have. I will be casting up a lot more stuff as soon as I get some more silicon. I have access to a lot of kits from John( Rats ) . If anyone needs sets or pieces for measurements etc just LMK. I'll post em as I cast em.

8cce2542.jpg
[/IMG]

Glad to see those Sealab bits turned out OK, Simon! Thought they'd be tricky. Harrow bits look good too.

I haven't measured the entire ship, but I'm starting small and working my way from there! I see the height of the docking tube to be 8.3" (plus plating). The docking ring base diameter is 6.57" (plus plating) and the outer edge of the ring tip is 5.8" (plus plating).

I got 8.2", 6.5" and 5.75" respectively. And 2" for the edge-to-edge depth of the plating on the 'trench', while I was at it. Pretty good agreement.

Nwerke, it would be cool if you could post your findings so I can add them to the chart to compare measures. And anyone else with different and new measures is invited to share the info. It may be possible we arrive to a consensus as Gort said.

Will do, Rod. I'm home a bit late from work tonight and busy all week, might be the weekend.

Rod- Thanks for posting those blueprint pics mate. I really feel they are not of too much use to us SS builders though, as they really are drawings of full sized set pieces. Best we do our own group blueprint.

Interesting and attractive drawings, but I do have to agree. One of the common methods was just to photograph the studio models and send a pack of prints across to the UK art department. Draughtsmen there then drew up the blueprints from the prints. Much as we do ourselves but without the luxury of time, and with a very different set of priorities.

Why not each one of us take on a section of the Falcon & focus on that area specifically. Meaning, take me for example, I do the engine deck, place & collect all the donors I can & then draw a definitive blueprint for all to share.

Philosophically mate you know I am on board for that, but practically, I admit to doubts. I am second-guessing *myself* every other day, so I suspect we may have some differences of interpretation spring up. Either way I'll totally be sharing whatever drawings I come up with, though.

Oh hey - my compliments to your machinist, heh! Got the vents the other night, they're very noice.

Or then again maybe I'll just pull my finger out. :)
Current figures:

Main Disc (w/plating): 50"
Inner Walls: 47.53"
Feathers 1: 52.079"
Feathers 2: 47.535"
Mandible Sector: 48.5"
Turret Roof: 12"
Turret Base: 12.25"
Turret Window: not tackled yet
Docking ring - as above
Radar Dish: 6.5"
Maint Pits: 3.125"
Cockpit 1: 6.25"
Cockpit 2: 3.79"
Cockpit plexy: ?
Hull height: 10"
Turret depth: 0.75"
Hull + Turrets: 11.5"
Mandible: 2"
Side walls: 2.5"-3"?
Upper Dome: 3.75" (including plating)
Lower Dome: 4.17" (including plating)

Front ('wide') edge of jaw: 5.95"
Height of front panel of jaw: 0.78"
Rear panel of jaw: 7.68"
Top panel of starboard docking tube: 14.83" x 3.98"
Top panel of port docking tube: 14.89" x 3.98"

Can't swear to any of these...need more kits!

Wow, thats clean work. You abviously have some casting experience. Look forward to seeing your build jedi.

Ozzy

Great casts Simon!
Sent you MP

Thanks for the input Nwerke, I will upgrade the chart soon with the new names for sections recommended by Whiskey.
We must agree on the names for the sections just for the sake of clarity, so let me know if anyone does not understand what I meant by any of the names.

Bests
Rod

Me again!
Anybody has gusstimated a height for the section highlighted in the pic below?
I called that section "inner walls" in the chart and I gave it a measure of 3" but with question marks.
Anyone has a more confident height for it?

Are we saying that the 2" height of the mandibles isn't carried on around the rest of the curved waistband? - I always thought it had to be the same.

It's the same as the sides. Just the crescent shaped front to which the mandibles attach that is slightly higher. You don't notice it with the plating overhang. So the mandibles and sides are two inches all round. But the wall the mandibles attach to is slightly higher to accommodate the overhang... If that makes any sense at all???

Last edited:

It's not JUST the plating overhang - as in RM's picture above, the acrylic shells themselves are cut back at the mandibles.

The shells also overhang the wall at the waistband, but not at the mandibles - only the plating overhangs the wall there.

Simon, more than 2.2" I think - this applies underneath too don't forget.

EDIT: also, the thickness of the domes themselves forms part of the wall at the mandibles section.

Last edited:

PS Rod I'm still working out approximate hull curvatures ATM. This'll determine the height, but I'm guessing in the range 2.333"-2.5"?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back