Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Mate, post 'em wherever you like, I think everyone here will be grateful! :) BTW, what thickness sheet are you using for the plating - 2mm?

Gort, I hasten to add that's just the figure I currently show on my plan view. I'm still trying to reconcile the damn thing with side and front views...and it won't reconcile. There's just too much distortion on all pics. Why couldn't they have used long lenses, dammit?! :lol

There really is no other option than to buy as many of the kits as you can get hold of, then plonk all the bits down and shuffle them around. Keeping in mind that nothing is square and no panel on the port side is the same size and shape as its opposite number on the starboard side! Much lulz to be had.

For the plating I went with .060. The thickness appeared to be the same as the sealab parts from a crossection view near the loading ramp. I mic'ed out the sealab parts as close to .060 +/-. I also used .010 for the pods plating.

I never used the topside view of the falcon in such books like the chronicles. The turret is inaccuratley viewed towards the overall length. But we already knew that. :)

By the way...

Which falcon are you guys working on?

ANH or ESB? I was contemplating ANH, cause in my opinion, that was the untampered "original." No flood lights or landing gears. No flight sticks("how do you fly it?" -Harrison Ford interview)

But then, wanted lights for display at night. I wanted to display it landed and the gearbays somehow made her seem "tougher" :love Added a "top hatch". Made a second comms base for the damaged for the death star II tunnel run.

Last edited:

I'd be going for the ESB version. The addition of the extra gear bays blends nicely into the overall shape.

ANH Falcon for me, in flight, with a sexy pose, on a custom made stand.

I'm still toying with the overall dimensions, so will give my 2 cents worth later.

BTW, regarding the 6 F1 wheel rims on the engine deck, the 4 'outer' ones are definately M23, but the 2 'inner' ones are Ford Tyrrell Elf, just to tick us off further:rolleyes

Stu

I have the Elf Tyrrell Stu, think i still have both rims if you dont, have to check, but if you need them ill work a trade with you. That is unless you guys need more from that kit, it has a few specific parts donor wise.

lee

A trade could be in order mate, be keen on the 2 rims just to get a few more parts on the engine deck.
Iv'e noted too, that the tranny under piece, of which there is 2 of sitting either side of the middle vent are not from the M23, but are tyrrell parts, Im sure of it. Differences in all the Ford DFV engine parts from the various F1 kits can drive you nuts:angry.

PM me Lee & we'll talk turkey.
Stu

Stu, ill get to it later, got LOADS on today getting ready for the show next week, and need to crack on with the PD leg commision, but soon as i get five, ill drag the kit down and take a look bud!

bests.....lee

Cheers Lee, no rush, when you can get a mo.
I'm all day on my X-Wing tomorrow & stripping another M23 of Falcon donors.
It,s starting to look like an F1 graveyard round here:lol
Stu

Thanks for the news Stu, another one for the list! Sigh hehe

PS what is this "ANH" movie anyways? Anything to do with Star Wars? :p

Also thanks Edward for the plating info. Star Wars version for me, for sure. Lighting will look nice I admit, it's the one thing I'll miss from the ESB.

I have nothing to contribute, except to say that I admire the hell out of you studio-scale builders. This is freaking insane. :confused I wish I had half the patience you all have....

PS what is this "ANH" movie anyways? Anything to do with Star Wars? :p

Also thanks Edward for the plating info. Star Wars version for me, for sure. Lighting will look nice I admit, it's the one thing I'll miss from the ESB.

LOL! Glad I didnt say Episode IV!:$

Second that for the plating info, many thanks.

Yep, another one for the list Martyn, those ILMer's are just cruel to us nutters:lol.

I used to call it the first Star Wars, that just confuses the hell out of people now & a full winded explanation usually follows. That's when people realise, man, this guys a full-on Star Wars nut.
Then again, saying ANH to people has the same effect, so you can't win either way. :unsure
Stu

Are the wheels of the Mclaren and the Tyrrell all that different. I made up a few for my AMT falcon, I didnt realy notice the difference.

Edit: Ohh I see now! the midle two have lower profile. Much the same on the top though.

Ozzy

Stu, yep, big props to Uncle George for muddying those waters, lol.

Anything else we can use in the Elf? Oh well - bidding now, either way.

Just sorted all my Panther needs in one evening, btw. Woot!!

The 'spokes' are different too, not by much, but just enough difference to notice.

I'm struggling at the mo with the small differences in the Ford F1 engine parts, trying to decide just which kit they came from. Just when you think youv'e got the right part & re-check with other ref, turns out, no, not the correct kit.
I really want this prop to be as faithful as possible to the original, even going so far as to have as much 'original plastic' as possible & less resin casts. Expensive yeah, but this will probably be the only one I would do that for.
For example there's at least 4 vintage Tamiya 1/35th Panzer 111 Ausf M/N's on her, 2 on the engine deck alone as best I can tell so far.

I can really see why this prop has taken a fair while for the guys who have steadily been working on her to do, most of it I guess is acquiring the donors over time.
Hats off to these 5' pioneers for sure.
Stu

Hey Martyn, good luck with the bidding bro, hope it's not the one I want?.

I'm still pouring over the kit scans for other parts mate, so ILYK.
Stu

Heh, I'll hold off then - no rush, won't be using those parts for scaling anyway. Might go hunting the Panzer IIIs I guess, haven't any of those. Need to find that StuG also.

Hi there!
For me is the "ANH" Falcon always, I think it looks more dinamic without the extra landing gear boxes.

I made a recolection of all the measures I had been looking at and made this chart.
Nwerke, it would be cool if you could post your findings so I can add them to the chart to compare measures. And anyone else with different and new measures is invited to share the info. It may be possible we arrive to a consensus as Gort said.

EDIT---
I forgot this pic to be sure that the names I put to the diameters do not confuse us:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Bests:
Rod

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back