Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Martyn ya mean those L'il bent pipe thinghy's? Was wondering whT they were from. There's also two small detail pieces that sit next to the harrow parts. Anyone?

Check out the Airfix 1/24 Mustang I recall they come from there. Studioscale has a scan pf the kit parts.

Yeah the piece next to the Harrow is a trimmed-down P51 part.

Has anyone IDd the plate set into the 232 chassis itself?

Julien, is that ID confirmed? Definitely not 1/48 Hetzer?

Simon, THAT piece looks loco!

Hi Simon
The part you think is from a Loco ( I thought the same myself, realy a sin for a P-51 Mustang enthusiast like myself:thumbsdown) is the rear landing gear of the Airfix 1/24 P-51D or K just as MonsieurTox pointed out.
Several parts of the P-51 are used on the 5 footer including two of them on the Kettenkrad 8-rad scratch, here are some pics I made for some of the Mustang donor parts:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope it helps mate:thumbsup

Last edited:

Nice maps Rodmart !

Yeah Martyn, I'm sure those are from the Nichimo King Tiger/Jagdtiger (I built this assembly for my Y-Wing, it's used under the wings).

Thanks Rod.... Great stuff. Picked up the p51d today.

8ffa3304.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks Julien, saved some bother, one of the old Y-wing refs I had in my stash indicated Bandai. I'm only just realizing just how much of the Falcon detail is cast from what had to have been repurposed Y-wing moulds. Model archaeology!

Simon, don't throw away the bits you'll need to trim off the P-51 tailwheel leg, you might need them some day. What's the story with the K-rad engines - you gonna do them as build ups? Might as well use the original bits IMO - won't need 'em intact anywhere else anyway. If you don't want to cut up good ones you can use my rekitted one, will just need a couple of scars cleaned up.

Also, gonna sacrifice those 232 sidewalls and 25pdr parts or what? Are you serious about this or not? Get chopping, man! :lol :p

Yeah , I'm just waiting till I get the Nichimo tank tracks and Bandai messer then I'll cast them up a la ILM. That way they can be used all over this bird as in Rod's pix above. I def aint buying another K-Krad. The blue casts are just for messin around with at this stage.

Oh I got ya the hurricane, scammel, and hanomag today.

Ta man, will spot you tomorrow then. Thought you said you had a hurricane though? Or was that the P-51 you meant? Never mind, more the merrier.

Just got my Wankel in. Cheapie part-built but perfectly good for this. Of course only now do I realize you need two of them! And the second one gets cut up for about four small pieces. Sheesh.

Why did I think that plate on the 232 was a separate part this morning???!??!? Painkillers, that's why. :unsure

Hey .... Just paid for my second wankel today! I do have a hurricane but was going to cast the wing and cut that.

Hey Rod... In your first pic. The part in front of the 8rad piece that the pipe goes into. Is that the M113 part?

ebdbc5e3.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like. Or M577 in this case, same thing.

BTW just kidding about the tailwheel leg, it's the opposite side part versus the Y-wing one which is used in the maintenance pit anyway.

Also does anyone know what the cylinder head / rocker cover thinghy above the harrow part is? This is off my y kit.

83ad4eb1.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes, Julien is right. It is from a sprue that is the same in many Bandai 1/48 german tanks. I got that part from the Bandai JagdPanther 1/48 which is a donnor kit for the rear acces bay, you've got the whole hull of the JagdPanther there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back