MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet - £49.99 inc (22/4/08)

Re: MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet

I got mine from Redford Films yesterday and the seams are much less noticeable than I expected. You have to hold it in your hands to detect them. Either I got one where all the construction fits and tolerances worked in my favor - or they have tightened up some of the manufacturing issues to improve quality.

Huzz

Being the "tweaker" that I am, I made a couple of quick mods to my CE bucket. This will primarily be a display piece. I'm not currently a 501st member or anything, but I like collecting helmets.
I did both of these mods for around $10 and they took me maybe an hour.
First, I got some of those translucent plastic report covers from Office Depot and cut a couple of them to cover the lenses. I just removed the 3 screws holding each lens, then traced its shape onto the tinted plastic report cover. I used an X-acto to cut holes for where the screws go, and reattached the lenses with the tinted covers in place.
It's not ideal for someone who's going to wear the helmet, as the plastic isn't "optically clear," but it gives it a nice dark tint.

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

Next, I had read a link from Rebelscum about someone who had filled in the larger face gap with some silicone sealant. I bought a tube of DAP "Kwik Seal Kitchen & Bath Adhesive Caulk" in bright white. This is a water clean-up sealant.
I just ran a small bead along the gap, then wiped up the excess with a damp cloth. It says you have about 30 minutes to work with it till it starts to skin over. I don't notice any color difference between the sealant and the ABS. It certainly helps to hide the depth of the seam, and it was really easy!

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

Now I'm waiting for some "bluer" tube stripe decals I bought the other day. Hopefully I'll have them the middle of next week. I'll have to see if I can just lay them over the existing tube stripes or if I'll have to use some acetone or something to remove the pre-painted ones. I'm hoping the new decals will just cover the old ones. :)

I have just received mine from another board member and have to say i am very pleased with it. I was suprised at how sturdy it is and it looks like a Stormtrooper helmet which is what counts.

cheers

Awesome improvement Superjedi!

Now if only I had the cojones to do mine.....

I would hit E-bay for one right now. Prices are good and the you don't have to pay the horrendous shipping from Europe. I also think www.toysnk.com has some still available.

Movado

Redford Films has them too. Unbelievebly fast shipping - I placed my order on Sunday afternoon and it was here (in Canada!) on Wednesday.

Huzz

Thanks guys.
Can y'all tell me if this is the correct one:
Auction Link Removed
The photos of the helmet he shows,...concern me a bit.
Look more like the miniature one I have from way-back.

If so,..I will be gettin mine.

I LOVE symmetry.

""OOPS,..No Ebay links Eh?"
Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks guys.
Can y'all tell me if this is the correct one:
Auction Link Removed
The photos of the helmet he shows,...concern me a bit.
Look more like the miniature one I have from way-back.

If so,..I will be gettin mine.

I LOVE symmetry.

""OOPS,..No Ebay links Eh?"
Sorry.

For some reason, some of the retailers are using the pic of the Riddell mini-helmet for a product picture. Toynk did that when I ordered mine, but the description should say "1:1" or "full size" in there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, Thats it.
Thanks.

Guess I can start stripping out the electronics from my old "bobble-head" bucket.

Re: MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet - £49.99 inc (22/4/08)

Just ordered one from Play......

.......and GTA IV due next week........

.....happy times for me? Yeah, until my missus sees the card statement!

Rich

Got mine last week.
LOVE IT!

For the price,...its unbeatable.
(Just needs a bit of padding to make it fit snug)

Hope to be troopin in it this weekend.

Ooh, that play.com price is really good. Anybody in the UK care to forward one to Norway, expenses covered through PayPal?

I've seen a guy selling one of these on ebay and he's trimmed down those superfat earcaps so are they removable then ?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back