SpideyPlanet Spider-Man Costume

depends what kit you get or have, Spideyplanet mentions that he now molds his webs in silver so you just paint the sides black or can leave it as is, I prefer liver molded webs so no worries of paint peeling or cracking.

Gerardo

That's what I hoped to achieve for a long time, until my mold maker came up with partly black partly metallic molded webs. It turns out that the difference in substance (metallic and non-metallic) in stretchy material like this makes it extremely fragile.
An old friend must have discovered this many years ago, when all his customers complained of breaking webs. Ollie used powdercoating to get metallic on the top of his webs only.

This is something we can't compare to the movie suit, as its webs were made from foam rubber. Urethane is much more durable than the foam though.
With molding half-half out of the question, and metallic paint not bonding enough, I think coloring the sides black is the only way to make accurate and durable webs.

heres the pics of some of the parts that fettster sent me of is complete suit kit that i just bought yesterday. i would love to get some paint from you for those webs since it will be moslty a display suit i would be probably holding up enough.Thank you very much for that :)

E0E5CCE5-F2EF-49BA-8325-38DDC5B063DF-1769-0000020E3D2C71FD.jpg

4399D6CD-6910-4742-B3C6-F720390835DA-1769-0000020E85952A3C.jpg

9099D158-5B5F-40DE-B1DC-68C0DE2433C3-1769-0000020EDEA39CA3.jpg

31BFE0B1-0A64-48E7-B34D-2C375B9635BB-1769-0000020EA4C74B2F.jpg

Yuri it looks awesome!!!

how did you end up painting the black on the webs with a black marker?

Gerardo

Wow!! Awesome suit!!! how'd ya make the eyes so bright white?

They’re not exactly bright white.. It’s metal mesh with a reflective lens behind. I make all my pictures in a conservatory. The high amount of daylight best shows all the detail on the suit, but also brightens up the lenses.
It is the best way to show you what the suit looks like, but the suit will really come to life when there is a combination of light and dark. Movement does a lot as well. It’s a dream for any photographer or movie director, but also very hard to do right.

It will highly depend on the quality of the urethane and the quality of the paint. I have experience with the tulip paints, and know that they get brittle over time, allowing it to snap easily. My urethane webs stretch about 6 times their own length, puff paint doesn't go this far. But then the webs are glued on with super glue which takes away some of the stretch.
Still I'd go for urethane.

Hello SpideyPlanet I really appreciate your work and I wanted to asked about the material you use to make the dress and suit not only the Web and someone who does not know too much sewing can make the costume without too much trouble ?

thank you

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back