You have never seen the Blade Runner blaster before - PHOTOS RESTORED

Thanks Phase pistol :thumbsup silly question, the hole on the rear of the handle between the pistol grips, what is that ? was there/or is a light in there ?

Please keep in mind I did not "discover" anything... the real thanks belong to the owner of this prop, who very very generously put it on display at Worldcon and allowed everyone to see it for the very first time.

And special thanks to Jerome Scott, for his infinite patience in putting up with my fanboy behavior. :rolleyes

- k

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ Aug 28 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]1308295[/snapback]</div>
Thanks Phase pistol :thumbsup silly question, the hole on the rear of the handle between the pistol grips, what is that ? was there/or is a light in there ?
[/b]

I don't know what the hole is for, but I was told there was a "light" in the grip, and that's why the grips are translucent.

Note the big ON/OFF switch. :D

- k

Hi Karl and effectively, thanks a lot to you and the owner of this amazing screen-used prop. I'm so crazy to see the rust on the metal pieces....work of age.

And reading Mr Coyle, "the ultimate" and this time really accurate version....Whaouhhhh...excellent. Quick, quick, quick... :)

Many thanks for the pics. I think (No, I'm sure) that a lot of people's dream come true with this thread ...

I get out of bed, open outlook and see a message from Serafino.
'WOW.'
Nothing could have prepared me for those pictures, Karl.

Many thanks indeed for such superb images, I never thought this fantastic
weapon would be brought to light.

This discovery now leaves just one detail on a SW prop to be found and I can retire.

Howard.

I cannot tell how thankfull i am for this pictures Karl. You know I have researched the prop for the last 4 years and its amazing to see like this now. The search is over fot the most beautiful prop ever made.

THe real surprises seeing the pics for me had been:
-The white cables running down from the laser pointer
-The big "dial" head instead of a screw on the right side cover
-The hole on the back of the handgrip frame was actually a hole.
-The on-off switht on the Steyr magazine
-How the end part of the Steyr body was machined to fit the handgrip when sliding back.

THANK YOU.

Amazingly, Blade Runner has never held such a grip of my heart (Maybe it's too cold and unforgiving... and I liked the theatrical voice over. I'm sorry, please don't lynch me) but now I might actually have to get one of those. As if I didn't have enough prop-expenses lined up.

(So... how long will retooling take Rich?)

Superb find and thanks for the photos PP.

/Joe F

Absolutely Awesome... :D :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us, seeing the detailed photos remind me of how much I really liked Blade Runner the first time I saw it..

I had a Doppleganger version but never got around to building it, so I sold it...now a better one will be available later on... :D

By sharing with all of us, you have rekindled my quest for getting an accurate Blade Runner Gun..

Just got home from work and was tipped off to this thread by Blad. Trying to pick my jaw off the floor long enough to peck out this post.

:eek :eek :eek

And if the jaw-dropping shots of the Blaster (and the Patrolman's badge and cap and ID and...) weren't enough, I also got to see my first photograph of Karl. :confused

:D

Thanks, phase. You are, undoubtedly, Da Man. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

P.S. What a thing to come to light just after taking delivery of my all-metal C&S. :lol As of this moment, I am saving up for Rich's "ultimate" Blaster.

I don't think I can add anything that has not already been said...Great job Karl.... I am glad you were there to help control Rich... :lol

Roger

Fantastic photos :thumbsup

I'm not a BR collector but recognise the importance of these photos and really like the fact that you shared them and the owner made it available to have photos taken in the first place.

I am surprised at just how rusty it is though. So do I take it the top section of the gun was never black or has it worn off?

Karl,

What a great find. Thank you again for posting and sharing these wonderful photos rather than keeping a veil of secrecy as some in our hobby do. This is a great moment for BR fans.

It looks like the weathering I did on my RAC wasn't too far from the original piece. I just need to make a few tweaks. I'd say the rust probably came after the production from years of being handled and no care given to the blued metal like keeping it oiled. Any thoughts?

That ID is another great find. Especially what's on the back. ;) I'm still trying to contact my source who worked on the film to ask some questions about that specific piece. He hasn't been answering his phone this weekend.

Again, this is a truly great find. Truly amazing. Thank you again.

OMG Help me. It's Beautiful. :cry :cry :cry

Thank you so, so much for sharing those pictures. I am having a heart attack right now from the excitement. :p

A BIG Thank You to the owner for allowing this prop to finally be seen. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

OK Rich.... Now get to work, and no sleeping, or time off until it is finished. :lol :D

James

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back