You have never seen the Blade Runner blaster before - PHOTOS RESTORED

It's possible that those wires are loose from the inside of the bullet chamber and just happened to be outside when the gun was closed up (yeah, not a gun expert, don't know all the correct terminology) esp since they appear to have been cut.

I would imagine they could be from the LEDs in the lower part?

<div class='quotetop'>(Eagle @ Aug 28 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1308438[/snapback]</div>
That wire, hanging down the side of the barrel cover. :(

I know a prop replica should emulate the original prop, but my preference is always for that as much as possible but also to recreate how the prop would have looked like in real life.

I dare say, you wouldn't see a white wire on the outside of a real weapon.

:unsure http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/wc06-b...es/DSC05530.htm

:confused

Thoughts?...
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Aug 28 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1308437[/snapback]</div>
I too saw a Olive Drab version, but it was pointed out EVERYTHING in those shots was Olive Drab, they had pulled a film trick to darken a shot in daylight scene to look like night and thus changed the colors all to the green.

[/b]

You know -- one more quick thought on this (then I'll let it go. ;) )...

This just dawned on me -- though the color register on the film stock may have been altered, wasn't the gun still more or less two-toned in those scenes, lighter on top?

On the Olive Drab, yes that was one of the things that help show what had happen, you could make out the lighter and silver parts at times.

The wires were Glued to the side cover, (of all things) so again I think it was a on going thng to add and change detailing and fuctions as they filmed.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Aug 28 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1308454[/snapback]</div>
The wires were Glued to the side cover, (of all things) so again I think it was a on going thng to add and change detailing and fuctions as they filmed.[/b]
Do you intend to include or exclude? What's your preference - accurate prop or accurate to how it was 'intended', if you catch my meaning?... :confused :)

The white wires were to provide power for the green leds. You can see a hole in the side cover in this pic http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/wc06-b...es/DSC05736.htm
it copuld have been made for the wires to go througt and then inside the gun untill the hole on the back of the hand grip and then to a battery hidden in Harrison wrist?. Or going inside the Steyr ammo clip?

Funny to see too that the right side cover was hollow in the middle and the revolver drum can be seen.

<div class='quotetop'>(Eagle @ Aug 28 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1308438[/snapback]</div>
That wire, hanging down the side of the barrel cover. :(

I know a prop replica should emulate the original prop, but my preference is always for that as much as possible but also to recreate how the prop would have looked like in real life.

I dare say, you wouldn't see a white wire on the outside of a real weapon.

:unsure http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/wc06-b...es/DSC05530.htm

:confused

Thoughts?...
[/b]

IMHO I'd prefer without the wires. It's funny they're not painted black.
It would be great if the owner would allow a cast of this to be made.

Howard.

<div class='quotetop'>(gojira61 @ Aug 28 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]1308503[/snapback]</div>
Unbelievable.

After all these years that thing finally turns up.

What a find Karl :cheers

Jim
[/b]

24 years? no kidding.
Why so long especially in light of how incredibly respected this film is.

Funny that IS WHAT I was just saying last week, there is no improvements I can think of to the C&S Blaster... Oh BOY was I ever so wrong.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(Blad @ Aug 28 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1308523[/snapback]</div>
My wife has just made what will I'm sure be the first of many versions of the Deckard ID - in the new Free Paper Props thread. Please feel free to improve, update, change, printout etc.

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=115843
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I do think the switch on the ammo clip is new, as it does not show up within any film capture...[/b]

The microswitch hole for the C&S seems to have a small screw in it. Thoughts?

Did you get a look inside the ammo clip? Do the electronics still work?

Is this still a live-firing sidearm?

Questions, so many :cry

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Aug 28 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1308533[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
I do think the switch on the ammo clip is new, as it does not show up within any film capture...[/b]

The microswitch hole for the C&S seems to have a small screw in it. Thoughts?[/b][/quote]

A) Both holes have screws, brighness controls for the LEDS??

Did you get a look inside the ammo clip? A) No. Do the electronics still work? A) Unknown.

Is this still a live-firing sidearm? A) Sure looked like it was and showed junk in the barrel.

Questions, so many :cry YES SO MANY STILL.

Rich

I have a couple of stills from the movie were you can spot the switch on the right side, so I don't suposse it was an addition made after shooting. And the screws on the left side show in every shot and pic made in the Batty chase scene. My guess is either that switch on the left broke and they covered it with the screws or that there never was a micro switch on that side, and the screws were added to held the ammo clip more firmly.

The steel on the gun may have rusted and pitted, but the color that can be seen throught the whole movie for the Steyr metal parts is that crude steel, with no bluing at all. I do like it that way. :)

Regards

I gotta run, I was just checking back quickly for PM's but I saw this and literally FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR. Goodness. I am in shock. Pure, utter, joyful shock . . .

Wow.

blink blink

Ain't that something.

Told ya there was a green LED at the back that dang laser pointer. :)
And the flat painted butt plate is a welcome sight as well.
The grinding off of the black at bottom of the grip frame is also a welcome sight. Thought that was what going on down there.

I too feel that the silver nature to the Steyr is in the film. Some of the older posts talk about this quite a bit.

Time to go look at photos again. :)

Like it's been said a hundred times already. Great work finding this and letting the information flow freely. Awesome stuff.
Any more pics of the other props in the case?

Nick

Crude Steel....?????????????

I saw at lease a blued gun. I just look a bunch of sills and IF it was crude steel there would have beentoo much contrast next to the Black ammo housing and side covers.

Well perhaps....

I was going to say blued, but I am seeing what could be steel, like the cocking lever standing out as lighter than the black cover....

Rich

That was the only prop, there was patrolman's badge...

Rich

Yeah, that lever looks very silver in several photos.

That said, I think a darker color does look better and is what I would want on pistol. Deciding on a two tone paint job or a single overall color will be tough.

Spinner44.com's two tone paint job looked pretty darn nice but then again so do the single color one's.

So many choice's. You don't have an easy job ahead of you.

Nick

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back