You have never seen the Blade Runner blaster before - PHOTOS RESTORED

Mein Gott. [keels over, clutching chest]. My mega-accurate C&S Blaster seems not so accurate now. :cry

Lol, it's all good stuff. What an amazing moment.

It's one lucky guy who owns this. :eek

Can't wait for Richards next version.

Thank you Phase Pistol for the delightful pics.

And a very big thanks to the anonymous owner who not only allowed this prop to be displayed, but allowed photographs to be taken of it outside the case. Should the owner ever become publicly known, we should collectively offer a very big round of applause to this individual.

OH MY. Being one of my favorite movies of all time this is quite a shock to see first thing Monday morning. All I can say is WOW. Can't wait for the modified kits to come out. Me want. :love

This is an amazing development in the prop community. I am as speechless as everyone else.
I have one very generic looking blaster but now see an immediate need to start saving for the ultimate PKD blaster..

Those are just amazing pics, and even more amazing that you shared them. Thanks a bunch. I for one would love to start making those magazine covers -- and in the spirit of this sharing thread, they will be FREE paper props for all -- if you have a higher res copy, shoot me a PM.

WOW... It's like waking up and finding out that someone has absolute proof that aliens have visited the Earth. Very Nice...

Panic reigns as stock price of coyle PKD's drops to rock bottom............ LOL

Seriously though....a great find. An even greater man willing to share with everyone:) Thanks eversomuch. A moment in history for the RPF has been marked;)

Warm Regards
TazVader

Gee, less than 12 hours since this was posted and already climbing toward 1,000 page views. You guys must be hitting "reload" or something. :lol

Just a heads up that I will be traveling today and so won't be reachable... I'll pick up the thread again late tonight or tomorrow.

Have fun.

- Karl

Rich considering the lack of reference material that you and Phil had I think you two did an amazing job and I love my version 4. I don't think anyone is going to complain that it was not 100% accurate. I look forward to seeing the new versions. That being said I sure am glad I went with the version 4 and not the metal version, collecting these could get really expensive (but well worth the money). :D

Thanks, still I will do what I can to lessen the pain...

Eagle email me and I will post your questions and answer then there for you.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Aug 28 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1308423[/snapback]</div>
Thanks, still I will do what I can to lessen the pain...

Eagle email me and I will post your questions and answer then there for you.

Rich
[/b]
No probs - I can read, just not post. Four weeks to go... :cry

:cry :cry :cry

The fun is all over; the chase has ended. What else is there in this hobby to seek and pursue.?

Karl, this is truly ground-breaking, and all the more reason why the RPF is the premier prop replica site on the 'net., as we have members like you. :cheers

<div class='quotetop'>(Sidewinder @ Aug 28 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1308406[/snapback]</div>
Does this mean the top bit shouldn't be black?

SAS
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Aug 28 2006, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1308417[/snapback]</div>
Interesting question...

It WAS Blued, but this has worn away, and left the steel to rust a little.

[/b]

I'm nowhere near the expert Rich is, but the color tones in these hi-res shots seem to match perfectly to at least some of the scenes in the movie...

Wasn't there some discussion about a greenish tint to the gun (and perhaps the entire film stock)? If I recall, some screen caps supporting this showed a lighter top with a greenish, or parkerized-type finish.

But then again (and to recapitualate), I'm not a gun expert nor a BR expert so for all I know I may be talking out of my XXX.

I too saw a Olive Drab version, but it was pointed out EVERYTHING in those shots was Olive Drab, they had pulled a film trick to darken a shot in daylight scene to look like night and thus changed the colors all to the green.

Now the quest is for the best copy.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Aug 28 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1308437[/snapback]</div>
I too saw a Olive Drab version, but it was pointed out EVERYTHING in those shots was Olive Drab, they had pulled a film trick to darken a shot in daylight scene to look like night and thus changed the colors all to the green.

Now the quest is for the best copy.

Rich
[/b]

Cool -- thanks Rich....

So it looks like the butt plate was all black at one point (you guys probably already discussed all that)...

Any new insight on the materials used for the custom parts?

I'm sure the butt plate was aluminum, right...? Based on the pics, it looks like the grips may have been a differnt type of clear plastic, but I'm just guessing based on photographs. I know today's resins weren't around 25 years ago, and also that you guys can't tell the composition of the grips just by holding them, but nonethelss, what are your thoughts?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back