2011 RPF Secret Santa Gift Exchange (sign up has closed)

Damn, this thread is still going on? Why not just make it a permanent addition to the main page 'cause it doesn't have enough stuck topics already. :facepalm

I mean really. What's the deal here? If it takes months to manage a secret Santa gift exchange on the RPF why have one at all? It's great for everyone who does what they're supposed to, but there are clearly some issues.

Am I missing something?

-Rylo

Damn, this thread is still going on? Why not just make it a permanent addition to the main page 'cause it doesn't have enough stuck topics already. :facepalm

I mean really. What's the deal here? If it takes months to manage a secret Santa gift exchange on the RPF why have one at all? It's great for everyone who does what they're supposed to, but there are clearly some issues.

Am I missing something?

-Rylo

'Cause aside from a few bad apples this was all done a long time ago. I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Next year we'll have stricter rules to help avoid this. In the end 7 people out of 85 flaked, that's certainly not enough to justify not doing this again.

That said, I think we can be "unstuck" now, if only for Rylo's sanity.

Judging by the looks of this one that's a great idea! If you start now you might get it wrapped by this time next year.

Screw Rylo's sanity...lets start next years list so I can start working on it....maybe we all can band together for the last one to receive...

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. It's a shame a few flakes made so much work for the good guys.

I do think with March just around the corner, it's time to cut this one loose though. It just looks bad, now.

Tell you what, send me a PM with who got screwed and I'll take care of them.

-Rylo

'Cause aside from a few bad apples this was all done a long time ago. I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Next year we'll have stricter rules to help avoid this. In the end 7 people out of 85 flaked, that's certainly not enough to justify not doing this again.

That said, I think we can be "unstuck" now, if only for Rylo's sanity.

Got home to a smallish box...ripped it open immediately and look what I got...a very beautiful Corpse Locator from Hellboy
Glad to see it arrived in one piece. Really sorry again for all the trouble I caused, this is the first time I checked this thread since December.

Also since my laptop had been playing up for weeks and chose the day after I sent that to die entirely, There are no pictures of it finished.

Guess I'm going to have to make another one now.

Sorry again, I'm just going to slink off quietly.

Could a Mod please un-stick this thread?

There is only one person left I'm worrying about and that can be handled in PMs. Next year there will be stricter rules regarding accountability, some time soon I'll post a thread in the OT where we can hash them out. I'm considering starting the sign up earlier as well next year.

It's easy at this time to feel like this was a failure but it wasn't. The overwhelming majority of people who participated this year come through with flying colours. A few people have been soured due to bad people/circumstances, for that I am sorry. In the end, even those who have given up on receiving anything WILL get something, although at this point they will be Easter presents...

Is it a huge stressful headache to organize this? Yes sir! But it's worth it.

Wow, does that mean I'm the last one :'(

I felt compelled to do this as Sean Connery said the same thing that you did in your post:

dragonheart-1325717665.jpg

I was reading through this to see how it all ended up...
Not cool that anyone got left out :(

Yes. Everyone else is sorted out (three not received but all on their way) but I have yet to hear back that your Santa sent a second gift, he said he was but needed time to arrange it so we'll see. I hope to hear from him soon.

Hmmm, that's weird. Something tells me I may be "SOL"

I felt compelled to do this as Sean Connery said the same thing that you did in your post:

dragonheart-1325717665.jpg

I was reading through this to see how it all ended up...
Not cool that anyone got left out :(

LMAO ! :lol:thumbsup

Starting a bit earlier might help for the guys doing really fancy stuff in case there are any problems.

Agreed. I think I'll start the sign up earlier and assign names on Nov. 1st next year. Gives everyone 1-2 weeks more which could make a difference. When this finally gets settled I'll start an OT thread and post the link here for discussing next year's rules.

Twas a few days before leap year, when all through my place
Not a costume was done to cover my face.
The laundry was piled high by the washer inside,
In hopes the stains would be gone with some bleach and some Tide.

The children were at the ex’s as the custody arrangement said,
While this bachelor woke once again alone in his bed.
And mamma in her new place, just outside the county border
Thankfully she decided not to get the restraining order.

When out on the stairway there was a tap on the door,
I sprang from my bed to see what it was for.
A brief stop at the toilet though, to take a short ****,
‘Cause I’m sure the person outside won’t want to hear this.

To the peephole on the door, I finally do go
But it showed no person there, just an object below.
When, what did my curious eyes ultimately see,
But a big brown box that was addressed to me!

_EDB3551.jpg

With a pull of my hand, I tear off the tape and leave a mess,
I knew this must’ve come from someone at the RPF.
More rapid than cheetahs I open the caper,
But find the box piled high with crumpled up paper

_EDB3552.jpg

"Newspaper! newspaper! More mess for my kitchen!
Oh, Come on! Another sealed bag! You gotta’ be kidding!”
To the top it all off, it’s sealed with duct tape!
Will the hidden treasure inside NEVER escape?!

_EDB3553.jpg

At first I try gently to pull the tape where it start,
But after a short while I say “@%$# IT!” and tear it apart.
Then up to the rooftop I let out a yell,
“Well I’ll be damned, it’s a Master Chief shell!”

_EDB3554.jpg

It’s gray and unpainted, but that’s okay by me
‘Cause weathering is just one of my fortes you see.
As I held it to my head, to see if it would fit,
I realize it also needs to be modified a little bit.

A dremel and some bondo is all that I’ll need,
And of course some tips from these forums that I’ll just have to read.
A bundle of joy came wrapped in the box,
‘Cause for a long time there, I thought I’d just get coal or some rocks.

_EDB3555.jpg

A special thanks to OB for all of his work,
And for taking up the slack to cover some other jerk.
I’m happier than many of you can ever know
Ironically now I’m hoping NEXT YEAR’S gift will also be slow

To my (new) Secret Santa you’re simply the best
And now you can add an “R” to the list, like you did all the rest.
And thank you as well to the others who helped set things right,
"Merry Belated Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

_EDB3556.jpg

_EDB3557.jpg

Wow... This is a truely awesome idea. Its really nice to see everyone came together like this. Alot of participation from the whole community. I look forward to next year!

Oh, and Ed209 your avatar rocks dude

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back