32 inch ESB Millennium Falcon

well it has been dead here for far too long.
I found this in a reissued artillery modeling book. see if you can spot the part we all speculate on.
edeckposts.jpg

it is a re-release from dragon, I think the original was esci or ertl or revell hard to tell since dragon has dies from a few differant compainies

charlie

Well those side triangular pieces look a lot like the Hummel parts used atop the "engine flaps" on the four footer, but aren't the equivalent parts on the 32" much less detailed than this kit part?

Still, even if that's true, if the dimentions are right it might be worth using anyway.

Nope. They were scratched.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Nov 2 2005, 04:05 PM
Well those side triangular pieces look a lot like the Hummel parts used atop the "engine flaps" on the four footer, but aren't the equivalent parts on the 32" much less detailed than this kit part?

Still, even if that's true, if the dimentions are right it might be worth using anyway.
[snapback]1108339[/snapback]​

Hey all

Ok im really testing the water here, im awaiting a basic hull ive bought, the project is being put well away for a long time as i already have a lot of builds on the go, i want to asses the hull and complete it in its basic form before i shelve it as its not a project to be taken lightly. I plan to begin resourcing kits/parts im gonna need, but my question is does anyone still offer anything in cast form in anyway or shape? I realise it wont be cheap but at least i can offer good money if people are able to supply parts, please dont take this out of context guys, ive resigned myself to the fact this project will tax me to the limit, but ive thought long and hard about taking it on, and the devil on my shoulder won lol, im still a young'un but hey i got something to keep me going through retirement huh.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=6030113394

hey guys

need some of you to pick at this, i bought of a fellow SSM member and i thought he did a great job, on first looks i wanna finish what he started, think the centre jaws wrong as the box section (which im assuming should be an tank hull front fender) is built in, which i could correct. hull is being posted today so i could take some more pics if anyone can give me some pointers.

many thanks...lee

Hi guys,

Here's my attempt at the 32" bird. So far I've spent about 8 weeks on her.

I've taken a few liberties with the detailing as I couldn't identify all the parts I needed and don't have the time or money to do so :(

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Falcon1.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Falcon2.jpg[/image]

Cheers
Neil

That is gorgeous..

100% accurate or not, that looks like the Millennium Falcon, and as I've said to Frank before, anyone who's "crazy" enough to attempt the 32" scratchbuild Falcon deserves amazing respect. Anyoen who actually crosses that finish line is, in my opinion, a model god.

:D

I like the stand, too - music equipment hardware?

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I've taken a few liberties with the detailing as I couldn't identify all the parts I needed [/b]

Coulda fooled me. :confused That looks awesome Vos, can't wait to see it finished.

Chris

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been a lot of fun so far. The belly is 80% complete also. I'm going to build the cockpit at Uni (so I can use their lathe) and then I'll build a pull out engine section using lightsheet.

Jason, yep, the stand is off of a mic. My Falcon is a little too heavy so I needed something strong - it acts as a great turntable when I'm building too.

Cheers

N

I'd have to agree Moe. I have a small shrine (in a secret room) dedicated to you, Tim and Frank. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(moes1 @ Jun 23 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]1266516[/snapback]</div>
Then I most be a GOD Jason....:)

Looks great VOS.
Keep up the great work.
[/b]

epiphany I was looking through some FSM issues and saw the old amt catapiller looking closely at the treads they could be a source for the tail flaps does anyone have this model to confirm

charlie

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back