32 inch ESB Millennium Falcon

<div class='quotetop'>(boatbuilder1 @ Jun 28 2006, 06:28 AM) [snapback]1269728[/snapback]</div>
epiphany I was looking through some FSM issues and saw the old amt catapiller looking closely at the treads they could be a source for the tail flaps does anyone have this model to confirm

charlie
[/b]

Isn't that 1/25 scale? Isn't that too big for the 32" falcon. :confused
I'm still looking for those as well....
Maths

Shot in the dark here...

Can any of you guys give me a clue as to what was used for the greeblies on the edge of the turrets?

I need to reproduce these in a smaller scale...

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jun 29 2006, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1271082[/snapback]</div>
Shot in the dark here...

Can any of you guys give me a clue as to what was used for the greeblies on the edge of the turrets?

I need to reproduce these in a smaller scale...
[/b]

From a page on starshipmodeler.com:

The turret height on the 5' is 1.500"

The greeblies on the sides are from a NITTO 1/35 hanomag. They made two versions, the correct one has rocket launchers on the side. The parts in question make up the rocket cages.

Eric

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Jun 28 2006, 03:18 AM) [snapback]1269778[/snapback]</div>
Hey Lambo wasnt that Tim Ketzers hull he had for sale, if so congrats as you nailed my offer lol, coming on nicely.
[/b]

That would be correct sir. :D Thanks. I'm so behind though, lots of moola involved, time and patience. As far as nailing your offer, well I guess I'm just a tad bit crazier than you. :lol :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jun 30 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1271696[/snapback]</div>
Awesome. I'll have to searech out that page. Thanks.

Any idea if it comes in 1/72 scale?
[/b]

No problem. There's a big research thread over at starshipmodeler.com. They're discussing the 5' and 32" Falcon models. If you search for it, look in the 'Star Wars' section, under 'Episode IV Falcon'.

As far as a 1/72 Hanomag? I'm not sure. I know some manufacturers make 1/72 armor kits. But what you'll probably find is that a lot of the small detail pieces you would find in a 1/35 scale kit will be incorporated into larger parts on the smaller scale kits.

Like you mentioned in your post, probably the best way to go would be to find a pic of the actual 1/35 scale part, and scratch it in a smaller scale.

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jul 31 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]1290983[/snapback]</div>
Did the studio 32" model have four seats in the cockpit or just two?
[/b]

4 seats I guess when I see my ref pics, but hard to see. The rear cocpkit panel is very close to the pilot seats, the rear seats seem to be small . But I'm not sure.

When I replied to your post, I said first 2 seats... But I saw again a ref pics and I think I can see 2 more seats . but I'm not sure, but they seem to be dark (hard to see with the black panel) .

Bump.
Is anyone seriously working on this project at this time? I am currently at a point with my falcon where i could really use some help..
If I need to prove that i have some street credit with this project before you help me, check out a few progress pics of where i currenly am with this project, so you know i am commited.

In all seriousness, it would be nice to get some dialoge going on some part id...
thanks

My Falcon

I'm working on the falcon as well. If your interested in part id'ing I'd definitely be interested. I can send you come pics of my progress and what I've identified so far.

Isel

Not sure if this has been asked, but if I want to get a cockpit set that I can modify, do I get it in 1/35, 1/48 or 1/72 scale? Does anyone have any good leads for these?

1/35 would be your best option.

Isel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lambotour @ Feb 5 2007, 03:44 AM) [snapback]1412064[/snapback]</div>
Not sure if this has been asked, but if I want to get a cockpit set that I can modify, do I get it in 1/35, 1/48 or 1/72 scale? Does anyone have any good leads for these?
[/b]

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back