AMT Studio Series TIE Fighter from ANH

Necronaut

I just finished this giant kit. Not quite official studio scale, but it’s pretty close!

Attachments

• 86E40329-E55C-418A-9DC0-BC6129AC7FF2.jpeg
    86E40329-E55C-418A-9DC0-BC6129AC7FF2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 444
  • 285E2E5C-4943-419C-BC5A-6B21B35EEB89.jpeg
    285E2E5C-4943-419C-BC5A-6B21B35EEB89.jpeg
    849.6 KB · Views: 378
Any ideas if they will do a same-scale X-Wing?
Man, it seems like a no brainer.......I think they would knock it out of the park. I've been toying with the idea of giving the Revell 1/29 X-Wing a go. I'm not as obsessed with X-Wings as I am with Ties, so I think I could live with the inaccuracies.

Robert

I just picked up 2 of these.. I'm in the process of cleaning out a spare room and making it a hobby room. The garage shop is getting too cold for my old bones..

I understand you... My basement shop isn't very comfortable during the long winter months either, so I had to find a little nook upstairs. ;)

I did a comparison with my Hasbro (TLC) TIE and a recently bought AMT 1:32 TIE kit.

Hmmm, it seems the TLC cockpit ball is the same size as the AMT kit. But the wing heights are quite different. The TLC has a height of 15.25" as the AMT is 13.5" (assuming that's accurate, as I haven't build it yet).

So what does this mean? Who's the most accurate? You can't have the same cockpit size and two different wing heights. :unsure:

The AMT 1/32 kit is totally accurate. It's a scaled down copy of the filming model where the only differences (apart from the interior, which is custom) are those needed to make it practical for commercial production.

The Hasbro product is a toy so I guess it's not surprising if they got the proportions wrong.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back